What is the most exciting thing about the future of gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like how it sounds like the next generation of consoles will run more like Gaming Computers

The PS5 is stated that its gonna have an SSD Hard Drive, plenty of extra Ram and Processing power, and Ray Tracing so apparently a 15 second load screen will be able to be processed in under 1 or 2 seconds; and they are supposedly gonna have a strong focus on VR

What I hate is the aspect that most people don't buy physical copies anymore, if a game was $20-$30 retail I probably wouldn't care if there wasn't a physical option, but $40-$50-$65 after taxes is a bit much and in that case I wait for prices to drop so either I keep the game and dont worry about the cost

Or I beat the game, resell it and get back part of the cost.

And cloud gaming sounds like a cool idea, though i doubt it will be fully implemented any time soon (though that is apparently gonna be Microsofts focus with the next Xbox)

What am I excited about the future of gaming? Virtual Reality, could be a great tool not just for gamers but also for training people how to use pieces of equipment or to put them in a Scenario (i.e factory environments, battlefields, even the decks of Aircraft Carriers)

Last edited:
VR will evolve a lot within the coming years. A lot of tech companies are working with AR (augmented reality) and since its not just the gaming industry that is interested in this technology I can only asume the advances will skyrocket in the near future. They are already using it to train surgeons.

Marcus95 said:
VR will evolve a lot within the coming years. A lot of tech companies are working with AR (augmented reality) and since its not just the gaming industry that is interested in this technology I can only asume the advances will skyrocket in the near future. They are already using it to train surgeons.
AR and VR is going to be instrumental in Future Military operations as well, the former more than the latter and the AR is already being implemented into the Merkava IV.

What I would like for VR is a VR game like the anime SAO, if they did it right it would be a colossal success.

While I love both Anime and Video Gaming; too many Anime Based Video Games are mediocre at best

Hopefully this changes in the future because all the good Anime based games I have played were DragonBall Z games

Also the PS5 is supposedly going to be 100% backwards compatible all the way back to PSX, now that would be amazing to be able to play 20+ years of games on 1 system; especially if the system is going to be as powerful as the leaked numbers indicate.

Xbox may do something similar, idk what Nintendo will do after the Switch (but they have more time before they need to release a new system anyways)

Last edited:
removing loot boxes and pay to win from gaming, this is the most exciting thing to be happening to gaming. So the developers can focus on the quality of games more, not coming up with ways to exploit the human psyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back