What is the longest break you have taken?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've just reached my 1 year mark since I stepped out of my ABDL lifestyle.

I discovered ABDL about 4 years ago and I immediately embraced it. I was DL for a year, and that evolved into full on ABDL for another full year. I would drink a warm bottle before bed, sleep in a diaper, footed PJs, pacifier, diapered nearly 24/7, and was tempted to create a crib to sleep in.

It has been a full year now and I have not been into ABDL at all, I've tried diapers a few times here and there but it usually lasts half a day then I'm out.

In a way I feel like ABDL is behind me and done forever, but everyday I miss how happy I was and I wish I could have those same feelings and desire back.

WarriorPrincess

Even warriors need diapers sometimes!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I came out to my husband as an ABDL a while back, but I found ADISC at the end of 2021 and got into my little side. Then me and my husband had a major fight about something so I suppressed that side of me. I recently came back onto ADISC and I'm enjoying my time back. I have only slipped once sense I've been back into my ABDL lifestyle. I want to slip so much but I'm a mom and wife who puts everyone above herself so I haven't. Hopefully I will soon.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, Forced, Subtlerustle and 1 other person

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
neophyte said:

I discovered ABDL about 4 years ago and I immediately embraced it. I was DL for a year, and that evolved into full on ABDL for another full year. I would drink a warm bottle before bed, sleep in a diaper, footed PJs, pacifier, diapered nearly 24/7, and was tempted to create a crib to sleep in.

It has been a full year now and I have not been into ABDL at all, I've tried diapers a few times here and there but it usually lasts half a day then I'm out.

In a way I feel like ABDL is behind me and done forever, but everyday I miss how happy I was and I wish I could have those same feelings and desire back.

I’m very much a DL and I have found that my interest comes and goes but I guess it’s always been there in the background.

I started buying diapers and joined ADISC in around 2016 and participated on the forums actively and wore and wet nappies regularly at night for a couple of years before the desire faded and my wearing became increasingly infrequent.

Although I still had occasional thoughts about about it, I probably went a couple of years without wearing until COVID came along. The UK lockdown meant I, like everyone else was confined to home and I suddenly really needed to be back in nappies again at night, it just felt comforting.

Over the past year my need for nappies had dropped right back, but just in the last few weeks the ‘feelings’ are back stronger than ever and I have been wearing again much more frequently.

I have always felt a lot of shame and guilt about wearing and using nappies and I’ve binged and purged often. I have subconsciously told myself during a purge that it’s all over - as indeed it has been at times - but in hindsight that was just wishful thinking.

I’m coming to terms with it all now and have had some wonderfully comforting and enjoyable experiences being in nappies very recently. I’m now trying really hard to embrace it all because I know that the feeling will never entirely go away.

I’ve just spent the whole of the last weekend in nappies and it genuinely and blissfully felt great, but then afterwards this morning I looked at what I had just done and thought to myself ‘surely there has to be a better alternative than being alone at home all weekend just sitting around wetting and messing my pants’.

If you are now genuinely free of all those emotions that’s brilliant because as much as I enjoy my nappy experiences - and they can be fantastic at the time - deep down I still think I would love to be able to walk away from this. It sounds like you would like to partake again but the magic has gone?

The folks here at ADISC are wonderful, and it has been really helpful for me to be able to post about my recent (disgusting?) experiences and it is helping me to make sense of it all. I’m hoping I can start to strike the right balance and learn to incorporate my DL needs/lifestyle into the other aspects of my life, just not sure how yet!I have lots of other interests and I’m really very sociable and happy! I guess I’m just gradually finding my way adjusting to living more comfortably with my emotions.

I guess you must do whatever works best for you as long as you are true to yourself and genuinely happy. Whatever you decide I truly wish you well. 😊

Oh, in answer to your original question- a couple of years I guess!!

Reactions: OldTerry

camperspampers1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In 2004 I bought my 1st Depends. I was so scared of getting caught, I threw them out half unused. The next diapers I bought were in 2008, when I lived alone for the 1st time. So 4 years.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
neophyte said:

30 years. For real, purged at 28 came back at 58. It was always with me though. I was afraid I would loose my wife so I literally gave it up… until I could not take it any more. I told her and she has kept me happily diapered for the last 51/2 years.

Reactions: WarriorPrincess and DLmikey

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
littlemoosey said:
30 years. For real, purged at 28 came back at 58. It was always with me though. I was afraid I would loose my wife so I literally gave it up… until I could not take it any more. I told her and she has kept me happily diapered for the last 51/2 years.
So, so good to hear that it’s all worked out well for you! 😊

Reactions: littlemoosey

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
neophyte said:

That’s a pretty long break by my standards. I’d guess it was a couple of months for me. If remember correctly it was an effort at that.
I’m curious, was there a particular moment or episode that made you pause?
Yours may be a particularly rare case in that you started well into adulthood. Most of us were wired from childhood so the comfort that abdl brings has some hard to break tenure. Thought I’ve never heard of it, could you seriously be that guy who just went through a phase? Fascinating.

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If we’re just ‘talking’ about wearing and wetting, my break was about 30 years.

Last wet a makeshift nappy as an early teen and wet again around 2006 when I discovered adult products online.

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Every couple of months I get intense guilt and feelings of shame for my age play wearing of my nappies and regression.
Now back to acceptance, well for the moment anyway

Reactions: DLmikey and Subtlerustle

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
OldTerry said:
Every couple of months I get intense guilt and feelings of shame for my age play wearing of my nappies and regression.
Now back to acceptance, well for the moment anyway
Yep it can be so difficult! Hopefully it will get better for you, I’ve been stuck in this position for what feels like a lifetime but I think getting much more involved with ADISC is helping to make it easier for me, I hope it will get easier for you eventually. 😊

Reactions: neophyte and littlemoosey