What is the first diaper you were put in or put on after being potty trained??

lonnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
For me it would have been the Pampers available in 1971, that’s when I first put in a diaper after being forced potty trained.
Summer of 72 was put back into diapers as punishment after being caught wearing a diaper. Best and worst summer of my childhood.

activefit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My grandmother changed my wet pants into
babylino diaper "Greek baby diapers"
I think it was 1981.The diaper has two pieces,one nylon and one cotton fabric booster

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm kinda confused... Are you all asking your parents what you wore out do you just have good memory? There were so many diapers to choose from in 1990 I couldn't say
I'm mostly just going off of old-ass home videos I've seen of me (VHS videos, christ I'm old...). Of various family get-together/holidays.

I was potty trained very, very early--and have no direct memory of wearing diapers out of a actual *need*--but I've seen videos of me having just woken up wearing PJ's wearing what was clearly a plastic backed Luvs diaper, with Barney on it. If the date on the camcorder thing was correct--I would have been 4 and 5, at the time.

Jim100

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Although disposables were just on the market in the mid 50's cloth with either rubber or maybe plastic pants was the norm. I was put back into cloth diapers. I also was put back into the crib; for how long I don't remember about the crib but the diapers were needed until 4.5 years old. And on long trips until almost 6. I was not small nor was I a overly large child, bigger then most but not as big as some other children was. Not fat but just correct for size to weight.

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm mostly just going off of old-ass home videos I've seen of me (VHS videos, christ I'm old...). Of various family get-together/holidays.

I was potty trained very, very early--and have no direct memory of wearing diapers out of a actual *need*--but I've seen videos of me having just woken up wearing PJ's wearing what was clearly a plastic backed Luvs diaper, with Barney on it. If the date on the camcorder thing was correct--I would have been 4 and 5, at the time.

Why oh why did they stop making baby diapers plastic backed? Hasn't it been proved here that those are better than cloth texture? I only buy plastic backed diapers for a reason, and it's probably not only because that's what I wore as a child.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Once I was in underpants I never wore nappies/diapers again, sadly. But the plastic pants stayed in my underwear drawer, as a sort of threat. I never had the courage to wet myself and get put into plastic pants.

KitsuneFox

> Likes Cuddles <
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
My brain is too broken to remember ... they where my sister's diapers .
The first name brand I can remember is Pampers around the age of 14 .

BabyWolf1994sv

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Around 12 or 11 my sister still had a half finished package of Girls Pull ups that she used once during a long trip. The week after the trip i made my way to her closet and took one.

DLPJ

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
From chats with my mom I would ask for a pamper long after I was trained. I stoped because of my step dad’s friendly teasing. I remember the card board boxes, they where used for storage around the house long after I was out of diapers.

Attachments

KCA

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
First one I was put in would have been a Kimbies nappy for bedwetting. First one I put on myself, well the first one wasn't really putting it on but rather stuffing a Huggies in my underwear.

RetroGamerGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Carer
Probably Early 1980's luvs or pampers i can't remember. I do recall quite vividly they had Disney charecters on them

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I think it would have been a pampers of some description for bedwetting, I normally wear cloth nappies but on this occasion it was a sleepover at a relatives and they wanted to use disposables, one of the boys one back when they still differentiated. I think I would have been about 4 or 5 back then.

wearforsafety

Contributor
Role
Other
I don’t remeber. My aunt put me in disposable pads and plastic pants before sleep between age of 6 and 10 when I was ill or tired.
After that period, my first diaper in which I was put in was Tena Slip Supee( PE) during my stay in hospital. Felt embaressed then, put nurse told me don’ t need to worry. Been in dipers several days.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
A towel. I have no idea of the manufacturer or brand. Just a terry cloth towel my friends.

This is one of my oldest memories (or youngest depending upon your perspective) when I had been struggling with bedwetting shortly after being potty trained. I think I was around 4 maybe 5 and I went through a stage of wetting my bed. I remember that one night when I had wet the bed and had the sheets changed by my mother and then either it was a second or maybe third time the same night, when my mother simply out of practicality, made a diaper out of a pink towel and used diaper pins to fully fasten it to me so that I didn't wake them up further in the night and require additional bedding or underwear changes till morning. I remember crying and not wanting to wear this, saying I wasn't a baby, but having my mother tell me it was okay and just that i needed to wear it so I could sleep without having to get up again until morning.

Crazy, I know. But I remember vividly that it was a pink towel and the fact that it was diaper pins used to fasten it as a diaper.

Mapboy

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other, Private
The first real diaper I returned to was depends when they were thick and green. I started with towels and pins but didn’t work well.

Hunter185

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Ordinary cloth diapers and plastic pants. I started wetting my bed around 6 (I think) and was pinned into diapers every night until I was in my 10th year.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I made my own diapers out of old towels and a garbage bag and safety pins that I found in my mom's sewing box until I could buy some diapers on my own