What is one brand that you would NEVER recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Now I haven't had that much experience with too many brands of diapers, so I don't really have one that I wouldn't recommend...But what brand would you never recommend...Let's try to limit it to just one brand per person, that is unless you end up testing out a worse brand than the one you said previously...And of course an explanation of why you thought they were bad would be appreciated n__n

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Attends 10 w/ waistband. When I tried them, they were worse than Depends.

Role
Private
Well, I know it's just one brand... but still, any of the pullup varieties of diapers, bar DryNites. Of course, they may work for someone with only light incontinence, but they really aren't good for a DL. Plus, they're not the most snug diapers, a lot of the material is the waistband part with only a thin pad along the middle. Leaks are fairly common too.

LinusBlueSnow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Depends, don't get them, and also Goodnites, if you're planning on wearing them and wetting in them more than once (they can only handle one full wetting).

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Depends.

I haven't tried the Attends 10, probly won't now.

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
any baby diapers, such as pampers, their tapes rip off and they dont hold that much urine.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Goodnites. Unless you barely wet or wet really slowly, it's prolly going to leak. :/

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I would not recomend:
1. Attends: Most of them suck and they are worse then depends.
2. Goodnites: or anything related to them, they leak, are thin and have no absorbancy.

A

annierighthurr

Depends
but I do believe that is a full out given probably. In any case, they suck, bad, especially if you attempt to use some after trying better diapers.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Gosh the list I can make.

New Tenas... horrible. Velcro fasteners aren't well attached and keep coming off of the wings.
Attends... suck. Cheap feel, padding clumps when wet, diapers are not sealed together properly. Overall poor manufacturing.
Abri-wings... too wierd. Couldn't ever get them to fit right... they leaked all over and were very uncomfortable.
Kendall... not the worst... but on a par with any store brand. If you are gonna order online... get something else.
Prevail, First Quality, Restore, Protection Plus All brands marketted to hospitals and nursing homes... low quality. Avoid.

Also... anything you can get in a pharmacy here in the states. Typically store brands or Depends. They're not all terrible... but once you've tried a nice order-online diaper like Abena, Secure, or Molicare... you don't want to go back. The one exception to this is Walgreens brand... which seem to be pretty good.

I think that covers it.

LostPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
the tape on depends suck,your screw up on taping it the first time its done you can't retap it i found that out the hard way...

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
I have to agree with just about anyone here, don't get drynites/goodnites (it's the same thing), unless you want to mob your floor, clean your clothes, and change your bed afterwards. They're the only brand widely available though, many don't have a choice :)

Last edited:

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Pretty much any diaper that you can buy in a store, I wouldn't recommend for a TB/DL.. unless you have no choice.. in which case, I guess you can double or triple up.

For mild to moderate incontinence, they probably work, but for a TB or DL, who likes the bulk, softness, crinkle, absorbancy, etc.. none are sufficient. Once you try one of the good brands, you never really want to go back to the store ones. As others have pointed out, the quality is always lower; the padding bunches up when wet, or in some cases, turns into jello, and falls out all together; the tapes often don't stick, or once stuck, cannot be corrected due to too much stickiness to be removed, or not enough to re-stick; the plastic is easily torn; the fit often isn't tight enough; they tend to leak from strange areas, and most over the counter brands don't even have a wetness indicator(which I adore because it makes me feel so innocent when I look down at that broken blue line.. :eek:)!

As far as on-line diapers, the only ones I really wouldn't recommend are the Kendalls, the Abriwings, and other bottom end Abena or Tena, etc brand. The Abirwings are just wierds as Darkfinn said, and the other ones aren't much better then the ones in the store. So if your going to spend the money, go ahead and get the better ones.

Last edited:
D

daria7483

Well this is interesting because many of the brands mentioned here are my favorites! I wonder if many of these diapers just work better with females? So I'm going to first say that I would never recommend Pampers, unless you happen to be small enough to actually fit into them, and even then probably not. Just because you can get them taped around your waist doesn't mean they actually fit properly and will hold anything.

Anyway, my defenses:

Goodnites: It's true that you can't flood them, but I've found that if you pee in small amounts they hold quite a bit. The cool thing about them is that they are very similar to pull-ups but larger, so if you are an AB and want something similar to what a real toddler might wear they are great.

Attends 10 w/waistband: They always hold plenty for me, and are pretty inexpensive. I agree that the padding does clump up when wet.

Abri-forms: They need to include a how-to guide, because I did have a hard time figuring out how they went on. (You fasten the tabs around your belly button over your waist, and then pull the crotch part up and fasten it down to the tabs.) However, once I got them on, I thought they fit much more snugly and prevented leaks better than any other brand. They hold quite a bit. Plus, they are thick and just feel high-quality.

Plus, both the Attends and the Abri-forms are white. I really don't want my diapers to be anything besides white, unless they have babyish prints.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i think depends are by far the worst brand, i dont like them at all

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Depends suck especially the newest versions with green waist band made in mexico not USA
Secure Plus brand the plastic tape zone is to stiff of plastic to be comfortable and don't hold much wettness.
also tape zone to big, take up most of the front of the diaper.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I find it funny and slightly sad that so many people listed more than one, when I said only one...

Status
Not open for further replies.