what is it like to be incintinent

Status
Not open for further replies.
If yo do enemas, use a proper enema bag about waist height and not the shower or tap. ALWAYS use filtered water as the chlorine can make you feel sick if taken anally. User olive oil to lubricate the tip. Use a clamp so you can stop the water flow if the pressure gets too much.

Jamieboy,

The colon tube is not included in the drugstore enema kits as it would cause an increase in the price and most people probably would not use it. Colon tubes are available from specialty retailers such as the Optimal Health Network, which I strongly recommend for any enema supplies. Their equipment necessarily costs more than what you find at the drugstore, but it works better and lasts longer. One of their basic red rubber enema bags lasted for me more than 1,000 enemas.

I have self-administered over 3,000 enemas and have had to learn a lot in the process. If you guys want to read more detailed information about the use of enemas, particularly for bowel incontinence, see my white paper on the subject "Preventive Enemas for the Control of Fecal Incontinence" at the link below. This is a serious paper and does not address the use of enemas as a fetish. The information can be very helpful even if you only want to use a simple enema for constipation. I am making extensive updates to that paper but it is latest version available on the Internet.

http://www.incontinentsupport.org/Preventive_Enemas_for_Fecal_Incontinence.pdf

I would note that it is not necessary to use filtered water for an enema, but it can be a good idea. It depends on your local water supply and your own sensitivity. Millions of people have used only tap water for enemas without ill effect.

--John

Because most people have no idea how to use it and or place it, a disposable enema nozzle can't do alot of harm , a colon tube in the wrong hands can like anything used Improperly cause serious harm.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Themanswifesman said:
Very few people can find a plus side to being incontinent. Most will say that it's a disability that impacts their ability to live life to the most comfortable extent possible.
Think about being an incontinent DL, waking up one morning thinking "nah, I don't want to wear", but you have to, you have no choice, and it sucks because it strips the fun and comfort.

As a life long DL I became incontinent 20 years ago. I had wondered if that would ever happen to me, but so far I enjoy my diapers now just as much as I did 30 years ago.

It's wired being different in a way that no one can see and few can understand. I'm trying to learn to accept this about me but i find it though

Incontinence is symptom of a disease or injury. People forget this simple fact. I've been urge incontinent my entire life and it's like living in purgatory. Actually, its not that bad, but I do wish I had either complete control or absolutely no control (i.e. no feeling). I'm on the latter end of that scale, but I sometimes convince myself that I can go around undiapered and typically end up wetting and/or messing myself. That's way worse then wetting and/or messing my diaper.

If you can accept diapers, find another way to manage the problem or ultimately cure your incontinence, you can move on with your life. If you can't then it can be pretty miserable. Everyone handles it in their own way. However, like I said, it's a symptom of a disease or injury, which in my case is OAB and IBS. Some people I know who are incontinent have MD and spinal cord injuries. I used to suffer from generalized anxiety disease (initiated from recreational drug use) and I still have minor nervous system issues at night. Anyway, people rarely just have incontinence, usually they are dealing with some other problem too. Those other problems can be far worse than the incontinence.

Honestly, I can't understand why someone who has perfect control would want to be incontinent. It's like saying you want to injure some part of you body, permanently, with repercussions well beyond simply not being able to hold your urine or feces.

Its like booking a holiday in Jamaica then finding the tour company has gone bust and you end up in Belgium - You didn't choose what happened to you, but you can still make the best of it.

Last edited:
dayannight said:
Its like booking a holiday in Jamaica then finding the tour company has gone bust and you end up in Belgium - You didn't choose what happened to you, but you can still make the best of it.
I couldn't agree more. There are far worse things in life than being incontinent. I can still do everything I enjoy just wearing a nappy that all.

My thoughts on IC:
I've dealt with urinary incontinence for my entire life. Though it has become the norm for me, and I'm open about this aspect of my disability, I really don´t like it. sometimes the only thing I feel is my diaper getting warm, other times my bladder spasms and it is extremely painful. Like other people have mentioned the expense of wearing diapers 24/7 is crazy. I usually go through anywhere from three diapers a day. I really like the post up above comparing incontinence to being DL when you don´t want to. I can honestly say I do like diapers, but wearing them all the time, can be frustrating. Especially on the go. Trying to change myself while out somewhere is impossible. I feel like incontinence is easy to adapt to, yet impossible to accept.

what is it like? Um it sucks. I don't have this fetish many of you share and don't judge on it, but anyone who wishes they were incontinent has no idea.

My problems have been getting worse and worse. Started with bedwetting and daytime urgency with occasional leaks. Now I have leaks all the time. I recently made peace with having to wear diapers to bed, after trying many meds and lifestyle changes. Just as I make peace with that, my day time problems are getting worse and worse.

I had a bad accident getting off the commuter train. I overwhelmed the little "guards" I was wearing and had wet pants in front of everyone. I switched to pullups. A few weeks later it happened again and my leaks are too much for even pullups. Wet pants at the mall in front of a food court full of people. Now, starting very recently, I wear diapers all the time. It's not fun. I don't get to decide that I don't feel like wearing one today. I need to change it when it needs to be changed or it will leak. That means I may have to go into a busy public restroom and change my diaper. Everyone can hear it. When I go away, I have to pack diapers. Lots of them.

I have crappy insurance. They don't pay for diapers. I pay out of pocket. It really adds up.

Being incontinent sucks.

Last edited:
Also I have no choice but to wear diapers because of incontinence related problems at night and during the day, incontinence is something that I wouldn't have wished for even on my worst enemies it's not that I don't like wearing diapers but it's not that I have a choice either because it was forced on me from the day I turned 30 and now six years on I can say it really sucks to have gone from seemingly normal to medically incontinent in six years of my youth.

There are those out there who would willingly become incontinent and have been in the process of retaining their bodies but in those cases this is at best silly and at worse dangerous because once started its very hard to undo and can become permnant which is something they didn't bargain for in the process which I called conditional incontinence I would have to say I would discustinglly disagree with their choices.

Incontinence is never a good thing as specially when it can quite as easily ruin your life as improve it to be incontinent means that you have no longer got control over your own bodily functions and this is not a good sign if I comes on suddenly or over time and although their are a number of cures for it but all of which carry substantial risks of failure and causing more trouble than they are worth in terms of harming your body so again I would discourage those who would choose this way of life out of convenience factors.

And yes these are things that I have learned from in the hard way although not by choice as I didn't choose to be returned to the state of a baby/toddler or to have diapers around my waists for the rest of my life but one has to adapt to what he is given in life even I it throws you a unexpected and cruel turn of events in the form of a curve ball figuratively speaking as specially if I smashes into you when your least expecting it.

Anyway these are my thoughts and nobody else's so read them and make a decision or choose to go back its your choice although don't say I didn't warn you though if and when things go horribly wrong because they will.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Ha, having no choice myself I would wish this on all of my enemies (and generally stupid people too). Of course, I do enjoy wearing and wetting very much so that may be too good for them.

honestly it's just very inconvenient. And expensive. If you like wearing diapers then you might not mind that aspect of it most of the time. I'm not ABDL so I don't really get that, but even if you like wearing them I'm certain there would be times when you'd really be annoyed by it. When it's really hot out, when you have a million things to do and need to change, all the supplies you have to carry around or pack for trips, hiding it from people all the time, changing a diaper at work etc. And diapers, even the good ones, fail sometimes. So it can also be embarrassing. Sometimes they're defective or have pin holes or you didn't tape it right and you have a leak.

If you had to deal with this day in, day out, I believe the "fun" of it would wear off for anyone. If you really want to know what it's like, just commit to wearing a diaper for 6 months and don't ever go without a diaper even once no matter what. Go to your doctor's appointment, a massage, the beach with a diaper. Go to the gym with a diaper and change it in the locker room. Wear to work and change a loud plastic crinkly diaper in the stall while your boss is 2 stalls down. Wet it even if it's already wet and then walk out of a store with wet pants because it leaked. Watch a few hundred bucks a month go out the window. That's what it's like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back