What if you child would come and tell you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey, here comes an hypothetical situation:

You are a DL or TB or any of that, though rather in secret. You are married and have, let's say, 3 children. One day, either one comes to you and tells you he is a DL/TB/... or you find out by accident (finding diapers or so...)...

How would you react? I mean, i guess noone would say nonono, but how exactly?

I guess i would at first laugh my ass off, though my poor child would think i'm laughing ABOUT him/her and then i'd tell her/him that i am too.... :D

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've often wondered this myself. I have no idea how I would handle it. I guess I'd have to cross that bridge when I came to it.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It wouldn't be a problem at all to handle, unless they made it one.

For one, if I discovered it without their consent, I would like to think that I would make no mention of it, but I would keep an eye on it just to make sure it didn't lead to any kind of problematic interests in the future.

Secondly, if they came to me and told me, I would do my best to be supportive and helpful and let them know how proud I was that they felt they could tell me, and that I would keep their knowledge a secret after discussing it with their mother. I would not, however, let my child know that I shared (or once shared) their similar interests, as I imagine that this would make them inappropriately uncomfortable in so many ways!

At the same time, I would sit down with my child and let them know to be safe about their interests and to understand that they're still the same person. I think everybody needs a little talk like that!

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
having never had a father figure in my life
my biggest goal in life is to father children
and i want to be the type of father that
is involved and i want my kids to know
they can tell me everything
and most importantly be there for em
however there is that line that shouldnt
be crossed unless first crossed by child

example
if i were to find *b/dl stuff in my childs room
i would not say one word
not even let them know that i know

if they were to tll me then i would be neutral
i would not say anything bad or good
however (knowing the way i am)
i would realistically be supportive
cuz i would love my children unconditionally

but honestly think about it
especially thos of you who
would tell your partents
that your a *b/dl

how would you feel if they
told you their fetishes
thats exactly how they must feel

Role
Private
Pretty much what Rance said.

I'd be very supportive, but make sure they know what they are getting into. :)

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I'd be supportive and tell them that i understand what they are. I wouldn't tell them about me thought.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I would give them a hug, then tell them I am one too, then buy them diapers and stuff.
I wish my parents would do that :/

D

daria7483

I have no idea. I think pretty much anyone here would be supportive of their kid in that situation; after all, we know that being an *B/DL isn't so terrible. So, that part is easy. But would I tell my kid, "that's funny, so am I! Must be genetic!"? Probably not, more because my family is pretty damn private, and I suspect I'll wind up being the same way if I ever have kids. I imagine I'd just say something like "well, we love you no matter what" and then hope he/she never brings it up again.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd be supportive and tell them that i understand what they are. I wouldn't tell them about me thought.
I think I would do the same. Considering my background, I'd make sure they know that they are not insane or anything and that I accept them for who they are no matter what. I would probably not tell them I felt the same way, unless they knew somehow, or if they asked me.

Role
Incontinent
I think I would have to discourage the behavior. I wouldn't do so in a hurtful manner, but I do know that simply using diapers can cause medical problems.

One example of this is that I recently contracted a prostrate infection which is a pretty bad infection to get. I was on antibiotics, which can cause problems all their own, for a full month. This infection was a result of being required to wear the diapers and while doing so urine can come back and that is what causes the infections. You also have the rashes and other similar things to consider. Then on top of that, I know that not many people here would probably want to admit it, but there is a social stigma that goes along with people who wear diapers. I don't think I would want that for my kids.

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It wouldn't be a problem at all to handle, unless they made it one.

For one, if I discovered it without their consent, I would like to think that I would make no mention of it, but I would keep an eye on it just to make sure it didn't lead to any kind of problematic interests in the future.

Secondly, if they came to me and told me, I would do my best to be supportive and helpful and let them know how proud I was that they felt they could tell me, and that I would keep their knowledge a secret after discussing it with their mother. I would not, however, let my child know that I shared (or once shared) their similar interests, as I imagine that this would make them inappropriately uncomfortable in so many ways!

At the same time, I would sit down with my child and let them know to be safe about their interests and to understand that they're still the same person. I think everybody needs a little talk like that!

... are you sure you are not my mother?

That is almost exactly what she told me lol! But ya I agree most with the way you would have handled it.

EDIT:

Todd, That might be a great idea... If your child chose to wear diaper, but for me... I sorta have always been this way. So Although that might work. It could cause and seperation between you and your child, because your child might feel he has no choice is what he "likes". Or atleast I know I dont.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If I found them, I'd leave it alone.

If my child told them, I would tell them to keep it personal. I don't want to smell, hear or talk about their interests. I also won't participate or buy them anything. Nor give them money for it. If they want to partake in activities like this, they can do it themselves. I'd also watch their internet access. I know what goes on, and how terrible some sites are, I wouldn't want them getting into bad situations.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
As with any fetish or kink, I'd first look into the dangers of it and try to talk it over with my child. If (s)he understands the danger of what (s)he's doing, (s)he can decide for him-/herself if (s)he wants to continue doing it.
I would also take into account the other 'performance measures' of my child, like grades in school and other activities. If they obviously do not suffer from the fetish/kink/interest, I probably won't interfere with it. If I notice poor grades or other problems, I'll have to try to reason with the child that the interest should not take precendence over the more important things and see if we can find a way out of the problem.

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
first off, i would let them come to me, but only under certain conditions. if i knew they we're tb/dl and were struggling with it in any manner i would talk to them first. i would sit them down, maybe take them out to eat; basically make them feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed. i would assure them that everything and anything they wanted to talk about is fine with me since i'm a very understanding person. after that i would keep my mouth shut and just let my kid talk about his or her issues bothering him.
if my kid didn't bring up diapers in the conversation (and many after, keep in mind i would keep an open connection between me and my kids; it's the only way this would work) then i wouldn't consider it a valid issue at that point and just wait until they confronted me on it.
they're diapers not a drug addiction that's how i see it.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
OK, let's say I do have kids, and hypothetically they told me about me about it:

I would first ask if they are wetting the bed. Seems pretty obvious to me, that would be the first logical question to ask. If they don't want to talk about it, then I would tell them that I too, was once a bedwetter, and I know how that is, and that I can help with it, seeing as I've dealt with it. If it turns out to be a bedwetting problem, then I would allow them to wear diapers at night, but I would also take them to a doctor to make sure that nothing is seriously wrong. If there isn't, then it would tell me it is most likely a problem in their life. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it..

If they didn't bedwet, I would act like I didn't know anything about the fetish. I would let them explain it to me, and maybe print some articles off of the internet explaining it to me. Then I would ask if they visit any sites that relate to the subject. Why would I do that? To make sure their not on the wrong side of the fetish spectrum, that's why! Places like Deeker, and DD, should be passed by due to their *obsessive, and pedophiliac* content. That's just not a healthy way to be involved with this whole thing..

Then after I learn about what their actual interests are, andsee that there healthy, I would tell them I accept it, and show support. However, I would not buy diapers and things for them, I would encourage they do that on their own. I would do that, so they have one more reason to get a job, and an education, so that they can enjoy their fetish, but not feel guilty about it, because they'll have money, and be successful.

Then I would tell them not to let their gradses slip. School is very important, although a lot of kids don't see it that way. But I blame that not on the kids, but the schools mostly. After all, school isn't what it used to be as far as freedom, and fun goes. I would say that if their grades slip, I won't be so approving of it, but as long as it doesn't affect their grades, I am ok with it.

Then I would try to figure out how they feel socially. I know a big reason I became a TT, is because I never felt I fit in socially. I don't want that for them, so I would make sure that they aren't feeling depressed, or getting bullied excessively. ( I say excessively, because nearly everyone gets bullied to an extent.)

Ok, so now let's say I hypothetically found diapers, or other paraphinalia:

I probably wouldn't say anything about it. If they don't want to talk to me about it, then that's their perogative. I never liked prying parents, and as far as I'm concerned, it would be none of my business unless what they are doing is harmful to themselves or others. I would watch their grades, and make sure that their grades aren't sliping, and that they are making friends, and are fitting in. If they aren't, then a talk may be required telling them I found some diapers, and that I want to know what's going on.

Whatever way, I would be accepting, and maybe not understanding,(as I don't want them to know that I know all about it.) but I would let them know that their not a freak, and that there are far worse things they could be involved in like drugs, alcohol, or premature sex. If they explained it to me in a satisfactory way, then I might be understanding.

That was bit longer than I thought it was..

Last edited:

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
but why wouldn't any of you change your children? it's a normal and healthy between parents and non-disabled children above the age of 12 to do, right?!

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't think so. It be be intimatacy with a child. To do such a thing, would mean that I take part in everything I am against with Deeker and related sites. I don't want people to view this fetish as pedophilia, and to do "changes" would mean I am contributing to that wronful view. Part of my goal as being a part of this communtiy, is to educate people about what this is all about, and you have to consider what outsiders, looking in would think if I did that. It would give us an even more negative image than we already have.

Now, if my kid was disabled, or had some form of mental problem, then yes, I see no reason to not help them in that way, but if they weren't sick, then I would feel sick for doing it.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think kite was joking...
Or at least I hope he was!

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Maybe he(she) was, but it's hard to tell unless they put [sarcasm] tags or a smilie at the end..

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
lol, sorry, i thought the sarcasm was apparent :(

Status
Not open for further replies.