What I offer to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Error404

That was a great speach, you should send it to Bush, and Brown.
Hmm...Not a bad idea. I already have the email addresses of a good deal of the government...I wonder if I could really get it out there...

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
The problem is, in my opinion, that no generation really wants to be the generation to make the sacrifice.
To make things better for the future, long term change has to happen (as you say). But really, we could spend our lifetimes putting the effort in but get none of the reward.
It works the other way too, we do things today that damage the planet but the damage won't effect us personally... so we don't really care about it.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I just think we'll act like pricks up until the end of world war three, and then the survivors of that (if any) will then finally want to change and will try to re-do things properly. But even the most perfect society will find a way to mess itself up. :(

Anyway, I'm all for passing on peace! I'm not sure what interest government people will have in this, it's more a thing random people should see.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Hmm...Not a bad idea. I already have the email addresses of a good deal of the government...I wonder if I could really get it out there...

Yeah they will just steal it and call it there own....we all know how honest our politicians are.

I look at all politicians as used car salesmen, you can't believe a word they say because they are just trying to sell you something that isn't worth anything, and as soon as the deal is made, and in the politicians case elected, everything thy just told you dosen't exsist, and will never happen.

E

Error404

The problem is, in my opinion, that no generation really wants to be the generation to make the sacrifice.
To make things better for the future, long term change has to happen (as you say). But really, we could spend our lifetimes putting the effort in but get none of the reward.
It works the other way too, we do things today that damage the planet but the damage won't effect us personally... so we don't really care about it.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I just think we'll act like pricks up until the end of world war three, and then the survivors of that (if any) will then finally want to change and will try to re-do things properly. But even the most perfect society will find a way to mess itself up. :(

Anyway, I'm all for passing on peace! I'm not sure what interest government people will have in this, it's more a thing random people should see.
As I've already stated. Realising this attempt is futile from the start is just part of what I'm doing as I attempt this revolution. Effectively, any human movement is going to fail. But the fact remains that the temporary change I instigate will ripple effect more changes, and hopefully, finally, leading to one big permanent change, even if that change was not the idea of the revolutionist in the first place.

E

Error404

Well said man, well said.
Thanks, it took me a good while to write, but I imagine, with the correct and careful insertion into forums, chat rooms and message boards, I believe this could make at least a small difference.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm a retired hippy. I was actively involved in the late '60's, trying to make a difference, and change the world. My generation actually did make significant changes, both in our involvement in Viet Nam, and in race relations, in the U.S. My wife is a graduate of Kent State, 1970, when the students were mowed down by the National Guard. This commonality between us was one of the things that brought us together. We raised our children to love all races, and to seek peace before war. It has hurt and frustrated me to see my country turn again and again to war to solve it's problems. The problem is that the U.S. imposes it's will on other nations so that it can benefit the U.S. economy.

But don't all countries work for their own interests, and not the interest of the world? National Geographic predicts that there will be another mass extinction, taking mankind with it. The cause which they give is pollution. And isn't pollution another sign of our own greed and self service.

In college, I went to Washington, D.C., sang for the congress, and demonstrated to end war. Sadly, I was in the choir for the National Service for Martin Luther King's funeral in Central Park, NYC. Over the years, I have seen great strides in race relations in this country, but I don't think I have ever seen this country in worse shape than it is now. You are absolutely right that we all must stand up and be heard. No longer can we accept the statis quo of profits for stock holders. Personally, I am shocked and dismayed that college students are so uninvolved in our country, and our world. My generation brought a nation to its knees, and we shed blood to make it happen. The draft probably had a lot to do with that. Too many of us went to war, and didn't come back.

The protestant reformation, for all of its faults, brought great social change. They say that John Wesley prevent a revolution in England, while France had theirs. Churches were responsible for building hospitals for the poor, and foundlings for homeless children. Churches, many of them, have also lost their way. They could be a unifying force if they wanted, but the powerful large churches have often become politisized.

If we don't change the world, I believe it will collapse. We must care as much about each other, as we do for ourselves.

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There will never be complete acceptance for anything until all religion is gone.

No matter what it is, "someones" god says it's wrong.

E

Error404

There will never be complete acceptance for anything until all religion is gone.

No matter what it is, "someones" god says it's wrong.
But promoting what acceptance you can for one and all in the mean time is surely worth a shot.

Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.