What has happened to #adisc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude84

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Perhaps the title is a little melodramatic, but seriously, what is going on?

Despite the inevitable differences in opinion concerning the perceived "quality" of chat activity in the IRC channel, and any personal likening or otherwise to any subject being discussed, I don't think it's ever acceptable to tolerate some of the stuff that has been occuring recently, such as:

- Racism, xenophobia, and glorifying genocide
- Turning the place into some sort of miltiaristic fantasy land
- Slandering people who have just died (it's wrong, just STFU whatever your opinion on the subject)

I wish this was a stroke of my imagination, but it's not. I have it all logged "nicely".

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I'm unaware of the first two.

And I assume that the third one started up sometime in the past few days?

Explain?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Althouh I don't go on there that often, I've rarely heard any conversations relating to those topics.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
- Slandering people who have just died (it's wrong, just STFU whatever your opinion on the subject)

1. Show me any racism on Adisc, show me any topics or posts that glorify genocide.

Xenophobia is pretty much built into humanity in general. Of course we are more willing to like people who agree with us and generally not give a shit for the others.

2.Umm who's militaristic on this site? Some people here like miltary uniforms and what not but I ever seen anyone post "let's all join the army and conquer the world!!!!"

3. Slandering happens in general, it's not just subject on adisc.

4. If you ever expected Adisc to be or remain whatever you invisioned it to be. Well everything changes and Adisc is no exception to that.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
If you have logs of bad behavior, submit them in the requests forum, using the Chat Mods prefix, and we'll take a look.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Perhaps the title is a little melodramatic, but seriously, what is going on?

Despite the inevitable differences in opinion concerning the perceived "quality" of chat activity in the IRC channel, and any personal likening or otherwise to any subject being discussed, I don't think it's ever acceptable to tolerate some of the stuff that has been occuring recently, such as:

I wish this was a stroke of my imagination, but it's not. I have it all logged "nicely".

Is it really that hard to ignore people? i mean come on if you don't like what some one is saying then ignore them. This is like the third thread to this tune.:wallbash:

Rarely is a mod not around(even if they're not talking) and i'm sure if they saw something bad they would have put a stop to it.

While were on the subject what makes your opinion any more right than the people who are glad mj is dead? hmmm? Just because you don't like to hear it doesn't mean you can tell other people not to say it.

Last edited:

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Wait what? When did that ever happen? o_O

Guess I gotta start paying more attention in my near perma-lurking of the IRC.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Lets not get into a huge topic on what something is (Refer to the Maturity topic) or isn't. Those of you that were here for the whole Maturity thread, know exactly what I mean. I'll tell you what happened to IRC. All of you on there have gotten poles SO far up all of your asses, that no one can even try to be funny. You know who you are. Everyone is so damn serious that no one can randomly yell "PENIS!" without a mod yelling at Grizzy.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Wait what? When did that ever happen? o_O

Guess I gotta start paying more attention in my near perma-lurking of the IRC.

Two Or Three Times When The IRC Died...

But, He's Just Finding Reasons To Complain... God Know's Why.

Role
  1. Private
I think there are larger underlying issues in chat that exist. The examples you're brought up here may be valid (they don't ring a bell with me, but I'm not in/on 24/7), but they seem episodic.

//EDIT: Aha. Yeah. I see what you mean now with Michael Jackson's death. My own opinion of the guy is that he was much more tragic than bad. One wonders what would have happened were he born into a different family.//

My concern is with static, long-term, damaging issues and behaviors that are tolerated. I think those are more damaging to the community.

(And, no, I'm not commenting on anything you're doing or have done, markdude--please don't take it as such!)

Last edited:

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I think there are larger underlying issues in chat that exist. The examples you're brought up here may be valid (they don't ring a bell with me, but I'm not in/on 24/7), but they seem episodic.

My concern is with static, long-term, damaging issues and behaviors that are tolerated. I think those are more damaging to the community.

(And, no, I'm not commenting on anything you're doing or have done, markdude--please don't take it as such!)

While I don't quite agree on how damaging such behaviors may be...

I can vouch for the fact that the community in general does seem to be more accepting of "undesirable" behaviors in the chat than on the forum. ^_^

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have a feeling that these incidents are taken out of context. I am unaware of them as well, and I frequent the ADISC IRC. I am pretty sure that whatever offensive material there was, it was meant to be a joke. People on #adisc aren't just randomly jerks. And honestly, Michael Jackson just died today, and I'm already talking smack about him. I don't want to turn this into an argument, but just because someone is dead does not mean that we have to think or speak of them as nice people.

This is the internet, there WILL be ideas that offend people, and you have to deal with it. The world will not censor itself for you.

Dude84

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Sorry in advance, long post. And just as I had said I was going to sleep...

1. Show me any racism on Adisc, show me any topics or posts that glorify genocide.

See [1] below.

Xenophobia is pretty much built into humanity in general. Of course we are more willing to like people who agree with us and generally not give a shit for the others.

So is the tendency to hunt for food like savages on rampage (just look what happens when the media announces some kind of impending doom). Does that make it right?

2.Umm who's militaristic on this site? Some people here like miltary uniforms and what not but I ever seen anyone post "let's all join the army and conquer the world!!!!"

Well, whilst I accept there have been no direct "Join the army" type campaigns, it could be inferred from some comments. Also, see [1] below.

3. Slandering happens in general, it's not just subject on adisc.

True. Again, this makes it acceptable how?

4. If you ever expected Adisc to be or remain whatever you invisioned it to be. Well everything changes and Adisc is no exception to that.

Unlike some, I do not see life through "rose tinted spectacles". I don't expect things to remain 'static' and never change, nor for the intepretation of what is necessarily "good" to remain consistent forever. However, I also see no reason why the chat should begin to sound like something that wouldn't look out of place on a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party poster.

If you have logs of bad behavior, submit them in the requests forum, using the Chat Mods prefix, and we'll take a look.

Please see [1] below.

Is it really that hard to ignore people? i mean...

Unfortunately, this causes "disjointed" chat activity, from the perspective of the person ignoring whomever. This can be confusing, especially if other participants continue to address whomever you are ignoring.

Rarely is a mod not around(even if they're not talking) and i'm sure if they saw something bad they would have put a stop to it.

We shall have to disagree on that particular point. I've encountered people wilfuly insulting deceased relatives of mine whom they have never met, and implying that such persons engaged in beastiality. Nothing was done, despite my objections.

While were on the subject what makes your opinion any more right than the people who are glad mj is dead? hmmm? Just because you don't like to hear it doesn't mean you can tell other people not to say it.

Oh, who is on a self-righteous tirade now then?

Perhaps its my interpretation of what was considered unacceptable according to my upbringing. Then again, back then we didn't consider assaulting people and setting them on fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_slapping) to be acceptable either.

Seriously, are people that insecure that they need to do that anyway? Or maybe they don't have the "balls" to insult anyone living!

Indeed they are. However, they are becoming less episodic, it would appear.

Very true. And I can understand your concerns in this area.

Accepted, and I didn't interpret it that way. I'm no angel, I will admit, but I absolutely detest, considering it "beyond the pale" racism, for example.

--

[1] I will reply with appropriate excerpts from logs to support my argument as described during the course of today (Friday), as time permits. Unfortunately, I have many things happening today which I cannot avoid, and which must be prioritised (legal issues, re: taxation and medical stuff).

[2] Full logs will be available to whomever wants them.

--

Mark.

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I think the first question we should ask ourselves is "Do people really care?"

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Most People Dont Seem To, Mark's Just Makin' A Fuss About Stuff. ^.^

Y

Yumi

I think you're taking shit the wrong way, no offense. 90% of shit said on IRC that seems offensive is just really for kicks and giggles... Nothing serious. Now, if it's an argument on something that recently happened.. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Since we cannot control everyone, we cannot stop them from saying "well yeah, MJ was a fucking douche bag paedophile, I'm glad he's dead." Or something of the like. (Sorry for my harshness). The way I see it, everyone who is usually in the chat can see through this shit. They don't mind how it's become this. You might, but honestly.. It's been the same for a while now. I don't think people honestly give two shits. I'm sorry to say. Also: Everyone is a little bit racist, as the song from AveQ goes. That doesn't make us bad people, as long as we don't go out of our way to like... Idk cause bad shit and stuff. Sorry if my post doesn't make sense.

You're making this such a huge problem, when really most people are cool with it. Just chill, man.

Role
  1. Private
I don't particular agree with what Markdude is saying specifically, but yes, the overall vibe from the chat these days is not one I want to be involved in. It no longer caters to my style and topic of discussion and as a result, I don't like being in there at all.

Compounded with a few other issues I have with the chat, I've turned in my resignation as a chat mod and will make myself scarce in there from now on.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
markdude84;236330 [1 said:
I will reply with appropriate excerpts from logs to support my argument as described during the course of today (Friday), as time permits. Unfortunately, I have many things happening today which I cannot avoid, and which must be prioritised (legal issues, re: taxation and medical stuff).

[2] Full logs will be available to whomever wants them.

--

Mark.

Wow... I never seen that before.. please see [1] below over and over and as soon as I get to [1]... I get "oh I am too tired now to prove myself". Either prove what your saying or get accused to making false accusations.

Also have you ever considered this so called racism as jokes? Comics make racist jokes all the time and I never seen you or most people complain about that. Yet when I or someone else that's not a professional comic make one, then and only then would you make a fuss. So when has Adisc allowed double standards?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
When making a complaint about the actions of specific individuals (whether on the forums, or chat), please do it in the requests forum.

The reason for this is simple: talking to the mods directly prevents drama.

If you start a thread in administrative stuff to make your complaint, the people you are complaining about will likely read the thread, respond... and before you know it, you have a fight on your hads, and we, the staff, have a bunch of completely unnecessary drama which we have to clean up. That isn't fun for either of us. :(

Please just post your complaint in the requests forum (with logs, preferably hilighting the conduct you wish to complain about).
The chat mods will review it and take action as appropriate. No drama, no mess, no fuss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.