What got you back into diapers?

I wet my bed until I was 16 or 17 but eventually quit. When I was 23 or 24 and was living alone I started to have my bedwetting problems again and decided to ask my mom about what I should do. She told me to get a plastic sheet like I had on my bed as a kid and also get some pullups. She asked if I wanted help choosing them so we went to the store and went to the pharmacy isle and looked at the diapers. She told me that it would be easier for me to wear pullups instead of diapers so I got a pack of depends pullups and a pack of store brand pullups to try. When I got home I put one on and was embarrassed about having to wear them again and took it off until I went to bed and put it back on. After a few days of trying out both brands of pullups which both leaked. My mom asked me how the pullups were working and I told her that they was leaking. I decided to go back to the store and get some depends diapers and store brand adult diapers like I previously wore as a teenager. To this day I'm still wear diapers at night and now pullups during the day.

Reactions: KrankyPants, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
I don't believe I was really ever out of diapers. I have no recollection when I was potty trained but I do have memories of me being in diapers at a very young age. I remember a time when I was out of diapers but I also remember having an interest in them at a very early age. There were periods where my diaper desires were not there but around the age of 7 it came back to stay. It's been with me ever since.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
Babybear2006 said:
I wet my bed until I was 16 or 17 but eventually quit. When I was 23 or 24 and was living alone I started to have my bedwetting problems again and decided to ask my mom about what I should do. She told me to get a plastic sheet like I had on my bed as a kid and also get some pullups. She asked if I wanted help choosing them so we went to the store and went to the pharmacy isle and looked at the diapers. She told me that it would be easier for me to wear pullups instead of diapers so I got a pack of depends pullups and a pack of store brand pullups to try. When I got home I put one on and was embarrassed about having to wear them again and took it off until I went to bed and put it back on. After a few days of trying out both brands of pullups which both leaked. My mom asked me how the pullups were working and I told her that they was leaking. I decided to go back to the store and get some depends diapers and store brand adult diapers like I previously wore as a teenager. To this day I'm still wear diapers at night and now pullups during the day.
I am glad you have a supportive mother's opinion, too! My mother is a nurse, not sure if that helps, but she is very supportive for me, as well.

I still don't like her knowing when I am wearing a diaper, like when I wake up to pee and have to undo my diaper tapes, but I know she is probably immune to the sound by now.

Have you ever talked to your mom about the brands you use and how good the selection we have is, @Babybear2006?

KrankyPants said:
I am glad you have a supportive mother's opinion, too! My mother is a nurse, not sure if that helps, but she is very supportive for me, as well.

I still don't like her knowing when I am wearing a diaper, like when I wake up to pee and have to undo my diaper tapes, but I know she is probably immune to the sound by now.

Have you ever talked to your mom about the brands you use and how good the selection we have is, @Babybear2006?
Going up I used the old goodnites and later on I used depends as a teenager. She is to work in nursing homes and home health care and hospice care. She used to abled to get diapers from her job for me to use. She used to bring home the unused diapers from her patients after they passed away or didn't need them anymore. The original style goodnites and the old green depend diapers were good and some of the adult pullups back then was good since the padding was wider than today's adult pullups

Last edited:
Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
I remember the day I was out of diapers officially as a toddler, I was probably three or so.
I remember thinking "well this isn't nice, I want my diapers back!" but I didn't say anything.

As a toddler I learned to tie a makeshift cloth diaper from a scarf or blanket so "I could play baby with my stuffies".

When I was a young teen my grandpa needed diapers and I was able to snatch a few.

And now as an adult I can just buy them for myself :)

Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
Stresses of adult life and no way to escape from

Reactions: WetDL22, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
It started when I was 12. I’m ten years older than my nearest sibling, and I realised my brother and newborn sister were getting more attention, so I took one of my brothers nappies to wear, thinking if I was like a baby again I’d get more attention. That moment may have been the catalyst, but I came to enjoy wearing them through my teens. Now in my 40’s I’m preparing to live 24/7 in nappies.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
There are a few memories that seem to stick in my mind when it comes to
why I started thinking more about wanting diapers.

In daycare, there were a lot of children younger than me (maybe two or
three years old) and some of them would still be in diapers.
Occasionally I'd notice he attention they'd get from the daycare lady; I
think I was a bit jealous. I remember seeing a baby bottle that one of
the younger kids had left lying around and I wanted to drink from it -
don't know why, it just had a kind of pull on me.

I remember when I was around six years old, I had a crush on a girl in
my pre-school. One day, she and her friend decided to play dress-up with
me, and they wanted me to be their baby. I was really thrilled by it
and, although they didn't go through with it properly (think I only
"pretended" to be a baby, we didn't really have anything to dress me up
with) it was still a good memory.

I also had a few friends who had younger siblings still in diapers. I
used to get jealous of how much their mothers would fuss over them,
making them wear diapers even when they'd throw a tantrum. I remember
seeing them having their diapers changed and really wanting to be in
their position - to be cared for and babied like they were being babied.
I think it was also just the idea that they were supposed to be
potty-trained but at ages 5 or 6 they still wore diapers, and that was
something their mothers would scold them for - still needing to wear
diapers even when they were too old for it. It was always funny to see
them forced to wear nothing but a diaper and t-shirt sometimes, and
they'd get really embarrassed because they were supposed to be out of
diapers by that time.

Besides that, I don't know - it just started to become an obsession and
I'd always get a kick out of anything that referenced diapers,
particularly when it was in a slightly taboo context (i.e., when someone
was wearing a diaper or being babied when they clearly were too old for
it).

theres a tendency inside of me to wear them no matter what. i also just enjoy going to the bathroom in my pants so it works out

Reactions: HomeAlone and BobbiSueEllen
Started when I was about 12 years old and was holding my baby cousin (he was like 2 y/o) on my lap and he pooped in his diaper and leaked on my pants. I was really curious why it leaked so I took some from his diaper bag without anyone seeing and put it inside my underwear just for fun. And then it all started from there. My first ABDL purchase about 10 years ago was the SDK from ABU and totally loved it. Will never go back to pharmacy/store grade diapers.

diaperdrawer said:
I remember when I was around six years old, I had a crush on a girl in my pre-school. One day, she and her friend decided to play dress-up with me, and they wanted me to be their baby. I was really thrilled by it and, although they didn't go through with it properly (think only "pretended" to be a baby, we didn't really have anything to dress me up with) it was still a good memory..
Wow! In second grade, I had a girlfriend named "Janice" and one day at recess we were playing "House" and I got named the baby: she cuddled me, then said she had to change my 'diaper' and told me to lay on my back & lay still...that sent a shudder of mixed excitement & fear into me. She 'undid' my 'diaper's' fake tapes and then really surprised me by hiking up my feet & legs like a baby, pretending to wipe my bottom (clothed, of course). Suddenly, "Julie", "Clara" and "Michelle" came by and saw us...they started giggling at me and I felt very uneasy so I told Janice to hurry up. She dropped my legs, brought the 'diaper' up, 'taped' it down, stood me up, patted my bottom and told me to go play. I still remember the giggles...and how mommy-like Janice was. Another sweet memory. 🥰

Last edited:
SecretDiaperAgent said:
Stresses of adult life and no way to escape from
I have no earthly idea what triggered it. But at 38 years old this thing I had as a child just popped in my head again and would not leave me alone.

Maybe SecretDiaperAgent is on to something with this.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back