• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

What general improvements would you like to see on ADISC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Although we have a very nice site going here, there is always room for improvement on anything. So, what would you like to see implemented here?

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have a problem with the blogs. At the moment, it is only possible to set it so that your contact list can see it, everyone can see it, or everyone except your ignore list can see it. What I would like is an option to be able to set it so everyone regular and up can see and comment on your blog. I don't feel comfortable with everyone and anyone being able to see it, but regular and up is something I would be comfortable with.

Also, I would like it if people on your friends and/or contact list could see your photos in the gallery, even if it is in a gallery where they wouldn't normally be able to see them. For example, I would like my friends to be able to see the photos of me I have in the VIP gallery, even if they aren't VIPs. I don't want to have my photos open to just anyone, but if someone is on my friends list I trust them enough to know what I look like, even if they aren't a VIP.

S

Secret

I say we get rid of the rep system and the VIP system it only creates more drama.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I would like to see what avery mentioned in a different thread (I think that one was also yours, Koval :p)

- Add a second group beyond VIP that would be similar to the way VIP is now.
- Change VIP requirements back to the way they were on TBDL (10+ Rep).
- Host seminars and training sessions on proper rep etiquette. (Ok, no, but seriously some days it seems like we need it :p).
- Change it so your contact info (MSN, Skype, AIM, etc) isn't plain text / indexable by google. I had to remove my accounts from here because I started getting up to 20 spam messages a day (not emails) on my MSN & Skype :(

EDIT: This is my 1000th post? I always thought it was going to contain a cat macro at the least...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I have a problem with the blogs. At the moment, it is only possible to set it so that your contact list can see it, everyone can see it, or everyone except your ignore list can see it. What I would like is an option to be able to set it so everyone regular and up can see and comment on your blog.
A basic version of this (giving the ability to distinguish between guests, and logged in users) may happen in the next few months. No promises, though.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I have a problem with the blogs. At the moment, it is only possible to set it so that your contact list can see it, everyone can see it, or everyone except your ignore list can see it. What I would like is an option to be able to set it so everyone regular and up can see and comment on your blog. I don't feel comfortable with everyone and anyone being able to see it, but regular and up is something I would be comfortable with..
I am the same on this issue. I would really appreciate this. Since the forum site software upgraded to the new major version, that broke. Since I was banned at the time. I didn't really get to complain about it at first. But I'm just making this post to re-emphasize the point.

Role
Other
A button that people can press to deposit large quantities of cash in their bank accounts.

Seriously, when I first joined, I had to agree with the posted rules, unfortunately I couldn't see the rules to read them. I don't know if this was ever addressed, or not, but it should be.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'd like DarkSunDS to get a ban exemption, and if possible, administrator status.

Also, maybe removing reputation completely would be silly. avery's suggestion sounds better now that I think about it. I'd be more willing to trust people who have more than ten reputation points than Regulars (it's so easy to become one), so it would also be easier to filter my profile information and all that crap. So yeah, either we change the VIP requirement back to 10 (or maybe 15 or 20, considering how many people have 10+ rep now), or we... do something else about that. We seriously need a reputation reform.

This is starting to sound very political.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I think the registration process should be clearer about what our rules are. I came up with this mockup using Firebug to demonstrate my point:

I think it communicates the Golden Rule of ADISC in about six sentences, it's easy to read and understand, it's impossible to miss, and it doesn't make the registration form look horrible... think it could work?

--Danny :ninja:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
No, because no one reads the terms of use.

[Edit] Actually, it looks hard to miss, but it won't work either way. Liars won't give a shit about the "please tell us your real age" thing.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think the registration process should be clearer about what our rules are. I came up with this mockup using Firebug to demonstrate my point:

I think it communicates the Golden Rule of ADISC in about six sentences, it's easy to read and understand, it's impossible to miss, and it doesn't make the registration form look horrible... think it could work?

I guess that looks all right...Although they aren't always banned immediately :smile1:

No, because no one reads the terms of use.

[Edit] Actually, it looks hard to miss, but it won't work either way. Liars won't give a shit about the "please tell us your real age" thing.
True

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other

I think that looks great!

Although they aren't always banned immediately :smile1:
I think the quickest somebody has ever been banned was in less than a minute, when they signed up just when I finished doing the day's background checks.
That must have well freaked them out. :p Imagine signing up somewhere and instantly getting banned for lying.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

Honestly though, you won't be accepted on ADISC as long as you don't lie. Pedophiles aren't allowed here, so maybe you should add that in. After all, we don't want a pedophile registering, then making an introduction and being honest with us about how much he/she likes to touch little boys and girls. :p

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
150 x 200 avatars restricted to VIPs and whatever this secondary user status will be. 80 KB limit

Make it happen

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Again, it will not change anything with pedophiles signing up, and pedophile websites also have this message, so that won't mean anything.

And what Shodai said. Also, allow animated avatars and pictures

Last edited:

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I personally would rather the warnings be more subtle. That way we can catch the people easier if they don't realize how seriously we take things. Keep in mind that people are caught largly because they don't consider what can be found about them. Making them think about it might let them evade our methods of detection. And if someone is going to lie about their age etc. i would rather keep how serious we take it hidden and be able to catch them than have them realize they need to lie better.

Anyways i'm in general against any emphasis etc on signup.

Status
Not open for further replies.