• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

what exactly does it mean to be a furry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fang

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
just as the title says. this seems interesting 2 me but i don't really understand it at all.

can somebody help explain it 2 me? thx.

A

Asher

Well, as definitions go, this is the closest you are going to get to categorizing all furries into one category:

The furry fandom refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.

To be a furry is a very broad definition in itself. It contains many subcategories, so it can never be fully established with one definition. In essence, it truly depends on the individual. For some, it is the costumes; for some, it is the stories. Some people just love the art. To be a furry is truly an individualistic and unique experience for every person in the fandom.

- Asher

Fang

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
so a furry is pretty much somebody who like wishes they could be an animal of their choice and acts it out in virtual life? am i right?

KaylaRoo

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
so a furry is pretty much somebody who like wishes they could be an animal of their choice and acts it out in virtual life? am i right?
Not all furries wish to be an animal, in fact, very few furries would want to be a real (feral) animal. Most would prefer to be anthropomorphic, and even only some wish it.

Furry is somewhat of an outlook. It is for you to decide for yourself if you want to 'label' yourself as a furry, as it is a subjective thing for each person.

Fang

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not all furries wish to be an animal, in fact, very few furries would want to be a real (feral) animal. Most would prefer to be anthropomorphic, and even only some wish it.

Furry is somewhat of an outlook. It is for you to decide for yourself if you want to 'label' yourself as a furry, as it is a subjective thing for each person.
what does anthropomorphic mean?

sorry. i'm just clueless.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
just as the title says. this seems interesting 2 me but i don't really understand it at all.

can somebody help explain it 2 me? thx.
I'll do my best, based off of what others have said...

Well, as definitions go, this is the closest you are going to get to categorizing all furries into one category:

The furry fandom refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.

To be a furry is a very broad definition in itself. It contains many subcategories, so it can never be fully established with one definition. In essence, it truly depends on the individual. For some, it is the costumes; for some, it is the stories. Some people just love the art. To be a furry is truly an individualistic and unique experience for every person in the fandom.

- Asher
To simplify the definition above:

To be a furry means that you act as if you are an animal with human personalities, characteristics, and behaviors.

Sort of. Like KaylaRoo said...

~~~~~~~~~~

To, to put it simply, it's a bit impossible to define concretely.

I've always put it this way:

If you asked six furries what it meant to be a furry, you would get seven answers.

what does anthropomorphic mean?

sorry. i'm just clueless.
It means (to some extent) "with humanoid traits and sometimes human-like body parts / body structure."

Fang

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
so anthropomorphic animals r like perzonified animals i take it? like they can talk and stuff?

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Anthropomorphic. Ever see sonic the hedgehog? That's sorta like it.

Iggy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, , Other, Private
if you ask 100 people what a furry is. You'll get 100 different answers. Simply put, it's anyone who's part of the fandom...think "trekkie" or "star wars nerd." Some people just deck their room out with posters, others write fiction, others theme their wedding around it, some light sabre in their yard, some do all of that...

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
That is a great way to put it. :) Yes.
A better way: Like sonic the hedgehog.

if you ask 100 people what a furry is. You'll get 100 different answers. Simply put, it's anyone who's part of the fandom...think "trekkie" or "star wars nerd." Some people just deck their room out with posters, others write fiction, others theme their wedding around it, some light sabre in their yard, some do all of that...
Stop stalking me.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
A comparison is simpler and usually equal to a detailed definition. Plus, just have to say, you are way too fun to debate/argue with.

Though it is possible to misinterpret a comparison, therefore making it less of a guarantee that the intended meaning will get across.

Agreed.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Though it is possible to misinterpret a comparison, therefore making it less of a guarantee that the intended meaning will get across.

Agreed.

It isn't easy to misinterpret a comparison as simple as this. It would have to be intended.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
It isn't easy to misinterpret a comparison as simple as this. It would have to be intended.

Never underestimate the power of idiocy.

"So... anthropomorphic means blue?"

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Never underestimate the power of idiocy.

"So... anthropomorphic means blue?"

The only people too stupid to think that most likely wouldn't understand the actual definition.

"with humanoid traits and sometimes human-like body parts / body structure"
"So... they like movies?"

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
The only people too stupid to think that most likely wouldn't understand the actual definition.

"with humanoid traits and sometimes human-like body parts / body structure"
"So... they like movies?"

I suppose so, but it still has to be accounted for.

X

xdeadx

Means a lifetime of being hated by many people on the interwebz

Status
Not open for further replies.