what does it feel like to be strapped into a pushchair stroller

carseatkid said:
Кто-нибудь когда-нибудь был привязан к коляске, если да, то на что это возможно. Я давно хотел коляску, но не знаю, влезу ли я в нее. кто-нибудь знает что-нибудь полезное для взрослых детей?

There are wheelchairs for teenagers with disabilities that look like children's, but they are very expensive.

shargalex said:
There are wheelchairs for teenagers with disabilities that look like children's, but they are very expensive.
Personally, I could have such a stroller, since I am disabled and I am 140 cm tall, but it will not be convenient for me at the table, so I have not bought it yet

I have autism and adhd and was kept in a buggy until I was 11. I don’t know what the buggy was called but it looked similar to the major elite. It’s incredibly boring and frustrating being strapped in especially when all the kids in my class were running off to play in the park

Reactions: longallsboy
TTAM00 said:
I have autism and adhd and was kept in a buggy until I was 11. I don’t know what the buggy was called but it looked similar to the major elite. It’s incredibly boring and frustrating being strapped in especially when all the kids in my class were running off to play in the park

I also have Classic Autism and ADHD. I'm chronologically in my mid 40s, but I act emotionally and socially (without knowing it often) like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. Everyone from my old college instructors to my friends and even parents of some young children notice this. I don't really qualify to be an adult baby, but while I don't wear diapers, there are childish aspects and interests to me. I love long-alls / jon jons / dressy overalls, T strap Mary Jane shoes, some children's programmes like Teletubbies and Little Bear, Care Bears, Pink Panther, etc.

Were you prone to bolting? That may be a reason you were in a stroller at age 11. By the way, mentioning that I am like a 4 1/2 year old, it actually isn't uncommon at all that there are plenty of Autistic graduate students who are emotionally and socially like 7 to 11 years old. Not unusual at all. But even my friends who have high functioning Autism (formerly known as Asperger's Syndrome) who are like 12 year olds emotionally and socially (though actually in their 30s or 40s) think I'm indeed like a 5 year old or even less. I also talk nonstop like a 4 year old. I am actually exhausting to be around. The only people who can tolerate me for more than a day, with a few exceptions (staying with a friend from high school 4 hours away where they had no choice, because I couldn't go home that same night), are mostly preschoolers and young children that are also time consuming. Not that I'm a bully or mean; I've always been a sweet and kind boy. But you can be kind and be a real annoyance - Elmo on Sesame Street would be a great example. I have a very poor attention span. I've had a driver's license for 26 years, but I never drive, because the limit of my attention is about 25 minutes or so. I missed homework in 8th grade more than kindergartners at my Catholic K-8 school because I could never remember to write down my homework. I got so many detentions because of this. I knew a kindergartner that was 4 years and 10 months old (this was in Fall 1989), and she was my friend in after school daycare (onsite campus daycare), and even she was better at completing her homework. I was 13 then. I got in trouble all the time from 1st grade to high school. And in a way, even in university. I probably should have stayed in preschool. My mom's temperament even changed.

I am going to be in my 50s soon and I might eventually end up needing a wheelchair. I will never let permit myself to sink to that humiliation. If I need something like that, I will get an autism chair that looks like a stroller, or maybe a big stroller wagon (like Keenz type). By then, I'll probably need a caregiver anyway and probably will need to have in home care. I might even end up in a nursing home - but if I have it my way, I'll get my caregiver when I need one, to come to my home.

- longallsboy

longallsboy said:
I also have Classic Autism and ADHD. I'm chronologically in my mid 40s, but I act emotionally and socially (without knowing it often) like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. Everyone from my old college instructors to my friends and even parents of some young children notice this. I don't really qualify to be an adult baby, but while I don't wear diapers, there are childish aspects and interests to me. I love long-alls / jon jons / dressy overalls, T strap Mary Jane shoes, some children's programmes like Teletubbies and Little Bear, Care Bears, Pink Panther, etc.

Were you prone to bolting? That may be a reason you were in a stroller at age 11. By the way, mentioning that I am like a 4 1/2 year old, it actually isn't uncommon at all that there are plenty of Autistic graduate students who are emotionally and socially like 7 to 11 years old. Not unusual at all. But even my friends who have high functioning Autism (formerly known as Asperger's Syndrome) who are like 12 year olds emotionally and socially (though actually in their 30s or 40s) think I'm indeed like a 5 year old or even less. I also talk nonstop like a 4 year old. I am actually exhausting to be around. The only people who can tolerate me for more than a day, with a few exceptions (staying with a friend from high school 4 hours away where they had no choice, because I couldn't go home that same night), are mostly preschoolers and young children that are also time consuming. Not that I'm a bully or mean; I've always been a sweet and kind boy. But you can be kind and be a real annoyance - Elmo on Sesame Street would be a great example. I have a very poor attention span. I've had a driver's license for 26 years, but I never drive, because the limit of my attention is about 25 minutes or so. I missed homework in 8th grade more than kindergartners at my Catholic K-8 school because I could never remember to write down my homework. I got so many detentions because of this. I knew a kindergartner that was 4 years and 10 months old (this was in Fall 1989), and she was my friend in after school daycare (onsite campus daycare), and even she was better at completing her homework. I was 13 then. I got in trouble all the time from 1st grade to high school. And in a way, even in university. I probably should have stayed in preschool. My mom's temperament even changed.

I am going to be in my 50s soon and I might eventually end up needing a wheelchair. I will never let permit myself to sink to that humiliation. If I need something like that, I will get an autism chair that looks like a stroller, or maybe a big stroller wagon (like Keenz type). By then, I'll probably need a caregiver anyway and probably will need to have in home care. I might even end up in a nursing home - but if I have it my way, I'll get my caregiver when I need one, to come to my home.

- longallsboy
Yes I was prone to bolting which is why I was kept in the stroller despite the fact I hated it. After I stopped using it at 11 they used other methods like a harness and leash or a wrist leash whenever we went anywhere busy

I
dwayne said:
convcaid makes a adult stroller like chair mine is some what comfy still rather have my power chair but when i can not it is the stroller chair the 5 point is comfy to me have 5 point in both chairs to feel safe
I m had a convaid Wheelchair. They were comfy with a 5 point harness but I hated being in it as a teenager

TTAM00 said:
I

I m had a convaid Wheelchair. They were comfy with a 5 point harness but I hated being in it as a teenager
wandering what your need of the chair is spina bifida and bunch of other things i can not spell or say the names of them

dwayne said:
wandering what your need of the chair is spina bifida and bunch of other things i can not spell or say the names of them
No I was prone to running off in busy and loud places so I was kept strapped to the chair to stop this

TTAM00 said:
No I was prone to running off in busy and loud places so I was kept strapped to the chair to stop this
My guess is you didn't like loud noises and crowded places, which is very very common in Autism, and so your parents did what they had to do to keep you in the stroller, they probably weren't aware of this common problem with Autistic kids that can be solved with a pair of hearmuffs over their ears and most will instantly calm down, even as an Adult myself (I have High Functioning Autism that was called Asperger but I don't like this term because of its reference to the Nazi), I don't like loud noises and crowded areas, but I found a trick, I listen to music in my headphones and everything is much better, I still prefer to be seated in a seat in a bus or subway and try my best to find one that has single space so no strangers are sitting directly next to me, its sometimes hard to explain this to old or handicaped people, because my handicap isn't visible, but most understand why I can't give my seat to them, for my city bus system, I have a printed card that I have to show to the driver so he wouldn't try to take me out of a seat to get someone that has a visible handicap or older than me. I sometimes make the effort to stand up in crowded bus, but it makes me very nervous and anxious.

CodyBaby said:
My guess is you didn't like loud noises and crowded places, which is very very common in Autism, and so your parents did what they had to do to keep you in the stroller, they probably weren't aware of this common problem with Autistic kids that can be solved with a pair of hearmuffs over their ears and most will instantly calm down, even as an Adult myself (I have High Functioning Autism that was called Asperger but I don't like this term because of its reference to the Nazi), I don't like loud noises and crowded areas, but I found a trick, I listen to music in my headphones and everything is much better, I still prefer to be seated in a seat in a bus or subway and try my best to find one that has single space so no strangers are sitting directly next to me, its sometimes hard to explain this to old or handicaped people, because my handicap isn't visible, but most understand why I can't give my seat to them, for my city bus system, I have a printed card that I have to show to the driver so he wouldn't try to take me out of a seat to get someone that has a visible handicap or older than me. I sometimes make the effort to stand up in crowded bus, but it makes me very nervous and anxious.
I did wear hearmuffs as well but was kept in a buggy until the age of 11 and then the wheelchair in busy loud or crowded places up until I was 16. Even tho i found it very frustrating being restrained in the chair I guess it was my parents just being over protective

DiaperedLoli said:
Maclaren pushchairs are really good for being pushed around in i had a friend who went out a few times in one in full ABDL outfits and she loved it. She said the problem she had alot of people thought she was special needs because of it. I had ago at one point and it felt great but would have loved to be pushed around in public in full ABDL clothes and triple diapered XD
I love maclaren pushchairs

HelenWyatt said:
How do you fit in it x
I fit in the maclaren major elite and fit nice and love being strapped in xx

• Wow
buggybot said:
Who pushes you baby

Reactions: buggybot
HelenWyatt said:
Who pushes you baby
I dont have anyone on my own i just sit in it in my nappy and dummy xx

buggybot said:

Gee, how big are you? How tall are you and how much do you weigh??!!

- longallsboy

Sitting here, eating my popcorn, in awe of all the discussion over entitlement, justifiability, where to or not to, what's "acceptable", who's insensitive....

How many people actually answered OP's question, "What's it like to be strapped into a pushchair/stroller"?
Seriously.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: longallsboy, littleph0enix and Magicalgirl101
Back