What do your friends know about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my close friends and family know I am incontinent and wear nappies

My wife knows and has come around to accepting it

My wife knows and is very excepting. Better to have one wet diaper than a shared wet bed.

Reactions: chamberpot
Several people (family and close friends) know of my urinary IC to varying degrees, and most of those know my need for diapers. To date, however, my wife is the only one who knows about my relatively recent fecal IC issues. We will be travelling soon and sharing a house with friends, so I will inform them of my situation prior to the trip. While I will do everything I can to be discrete, I'd rather they know ahead of time just in case.

Everyone I know knows , family friends and anybody i may couch surf , has just in case cases of diapers , so that way i can travel lighter and just carry a limited supply that I need to get me there .

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
I have never told anyone that I was a DL. that being said I have worn a few times around family members due to various medical reasons for a short period of time. Last year due to a surgery where I became temporarily paralyzed I had I became fecal incontinent and I was put into a nursing home for 4 months. I didnt even know it was happening until a nurse came over to my bed and proceeded to put a diaper on me. After about two weeks I had regained my bladder and bowels but they still kept me in diapers for the entire time I was there. that's the most open i've ever been with people knowing I was diapered.

Only my wife, son and off course my doctor knows about my incontinence and need to wear diapers. We don't talk about it, unless my wife noticed that I'm wet and say I need to go and change my diaper.
Funny, I can still after so many years experience a diaper leak, without actually feeling I'm wet on the outside.
I'm required to have protection on my couch and a bedwetting sheet on the bed. That's something requested by my wife...

Well my wife knows.. and she recently told it to her sister. I don’t know yet how i feel about her knowing.

Ah and my docter and urologist too .

Nobody except online friends of the scene

Both my sisters know, two of my big sister’s kids and their partners (they’re adults), my dad and his wife (who works as a nurse in a nursing home). My boss sorta knows.

A few of the above found out after touring my new house, and walking through my walk-in robe. That’s where I keep all my nappies and supplies. I cant be bothered any more to hide anything.

If they’re curious to know what’s going on, I’ll tell em straight. But noone has. It’s nice they’re not talking about it, but sometimes I do wanna talk about my issues, challenges I’m having and stuff.

Currently = One that I've known for years and she & I know just about everything about each other.

I've had some mixed results with previous friends.
So, none of my other current friends, acquaintances, work friends, ect know anything and I plan to keep it that way.
Until a valid reason comes up, or it will directly effect them in some way, I feel there's no need to let them on right now.

Just about everyone I know knows about my incontinence, because I am not afraid or ashamed to talk about it, or feel like its something that /has/ to be hidden at all costs. If someone asks, I'm honest with them. Someone comes for advice, I usually point them in the right way. Colorful prints? Sure, I'll even change into work clothes in the locker room with them, because after all, they are just underwear.

Seeming as I have Cerebral Palsy (and there is a 25% chance of having IC with it) my mother, my grandparents who are on that side, and I am pretty sure my mom told my step-father. My brothers have seen my diapers but, I have not talked to them about it. I have told a few of my close friends and my co-workers know. All 7 of my doctors know. I have changed in public changing room as well with no comment from anyone else in there, but having my orthotics right next to me probably gives those people an idea.

One friend know but he know it's because I have IC and I have to wear 24/7. My wife is very supportive to me those are the only 2 people that I physical know that I have to wear.

I don't have anyone in my life that knows that I'm incontinent, I never got around to telling anyone in my family, and I go out of my way to make sure any of my coworkers don't find out. When I was in a relationship it never came up either, I only had an accident ever now and then. My cardiologist became aware when we decided to operate on my heart. I only intend to tell one more person, the woman that falls in love with me, who ever and when ever it happens. Until then everyone in this forum are the only people that know.

Of course my wife knows.

Last summer while doing a track day it was in the 80s and anyone who has done a motorcycle track day knows that when you leave the track for lunch or what ever you pull the top of you suit down and let it flop behind you

So I got off the track and did just that. I was with a good friend I had known for years and when I pulled it down the top of my diaper was showing. He did not know the reason and I told him I was i continent.

Naturally a series of questions followed so he could understand. I was ok as he is a good friend but it was like 20 minutes of questions.

My family and close friend know. The only embarrassing part was when my young niece walked in without knocking and saw my diaper. That was years ago and now it's not a big deal

Obviously, mi wife knows. It would be very hard to hide all the changes from her. But there is no need to, she is very sympathetic.
Other then her, my father knows, as I had to change my diaper once when I was at his place, and for obvious reasons I had to let him know. Although, he was concerned for me and my wellbeing, he was really understanding.
This weekend I told about to a close friend. He was really cool with it and was very sympathetic and understanding which was nice. And this helped me accepting the fact that most probably this is going to be my life from know on. The fact he was so cool with it, helped me accepting myself a lot.

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
I’m not ashamed of wearing diapers. The less awkward you are about it the less awkward others are. Most people that spend enough time around me end up finding out either due to my diaper peaking out from my shirt riding up or bending over or from talking about medical issues and stuff. It’s a more common issue than people seem to realize.

Reactions: chuck, Dinotopian2002, Carnifex and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back