what do you when you get sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy
So, I woke up a few minutes ago, and I had to run and praise the porcelain prince. Holding back the nausea, I started my emergency prep to beat this. (2x tylenol, 4x pepto bismol chewables) I'm curious what everyone else does for when they are sick, to feel better in the usual sense, and to feel better in the "God I feel awful" sense.
I usually have a medicine cabinet that's way too full for whatever hits me, but then I'll get diapered and watch cartoons all day. so, how do you all cure what ails you?

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I am not one to take anything. Persnoaly I role back over and go to sleep. If I am go sick for that, two Advil and PM will be best for the sleeping thing.

Role
Private
I just mope around the house all day feeling like I've just had the worse day in the world. :p

I think beyond that, I get all demanding and needy. You know, the whole "I'm sick and can't do stuff for myself... BECAUSE I'M SICK!" routine.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I make everyone around me feel bad. For serious, I get extremely angry when I'm sick, because I'm sick and everyone else isn't... so I get really beeotchy. I generally sleep, though... then I get my mom to buy me stuff. Like LG, I'm not one to take stuff when I don't need it. I will take some Ibuprofen when I get really bad, but that's about it.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It depends on how sick I am...If it's just a cold...Or anything where I'm not throwing up, then I just go on with my day like nothing is wrong...I don't mind being taken care of, but I like to do things myself, and I don't like people all worrying about me...If I'm like throwing up, then I'll just lay somewhere and sleep or watch tv or something...Usually if I'm throwing up, I don't eat anything that day and I rarely drink anything, since I don't like throwing up, and I don't want all this stuff going in to be coming back out anytime soon...I've never thrown up in a toilet though...Even one time when I was in the bathroom and I felt the need to throw up, I just did it all over the floor >.>

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I threw up twice in my life, once from a food that didn't agree with me, and once from alcohol (should have stuck to beer).

After the sick feeling is gone, I just went on with what I was doing.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Dude, are you ready for an awesome story? It really maxes out the AWESOME meter, so be prepared to be jealous.

I hate throwing up, so one time, I kept refusing to do it when the urge came. I put it off for two days. Then, I somehow managed to shit out vomit. It was great. I'll leave out the fine details, but I fist-pumped myself in congratulations.

In all seriousness, I suck on an ice-cube if I get thirsty. When my stomach begins to settle itself, I'll consume light things (unsweetened tea, unbuttered toast, flat ginger-ale). Stay away from heavy, opaque fluids such as orange juice and milk.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You know what works good if you feel sick to your stomach, try eating or just sucking on any pepermint candy like breathsavers or lifesavers.

The pepermint settels your stomach quickly, without the use of any meds, just don't eat too many breathsavers, they are made with nutrisweet, and chewing on a pack of those will put you in need of a diaper or a toilet in about a 1/2 hour.

Any candy made for diabetics will have the same effect, they will shoot right thru you.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Depends, ballucanb. I don't like sugar, I buy a lot of sweetened things, and in my coffee, I use sweetener... doesn't make me go to the bathroom, if anything it backs me up.

&Rance... teach me!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That is extreme awesomeness Rance...I find that Saltines are good for your stomach when you're sick

Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy
Dude, are you ready for an awesome story? It really maxes out the AWESOME meter, so be prepared to be jealous.

I hate throwing up, so one time, I kept refusing to do it when the urge came. I put it off for two days. Then, I somehow managed to shit out vomit. It was great. I'll leave out the fine details, but I fist-pumped myself in congratulations.

In all seriousness, I suck on an ice-cube if I get thirsty. When my stomach begins to settle itself, I'll consume light things (unsweetened tea, unbuttered toast, flat ginger-ale). Stay away from heavy, opaque fluids such as orange juice and milk.
Rance, that was hilarious. I usually find the position which negates the nausea and nibble on crackers like saltines if it gets really bad and I don't have my pepto chews. its weird though, when I'm dizzy, there's always one position I can find that somehow negates it and stops the spinning.

of course, being diapered right now is making this much easier to handle as I'm more comfortable for once

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
If I'm very sick with nausea I would usually take pepto bismol (liquid), so that way I would feel better temporarily. Also I agree, saltines are very helpful for the stomache.

Lastly, when ever I get a sore throat and it gets to a point were I can't talk. I would just gargle a cup of salt water until my throat feels better or somtimes I would buy suckrets from the store (their like a cough drop but it's used for the throat).

E

Error404

I sort of enjoy being ill. The pain makes me feel alive. I don't mean that in an emo way or anything. I just always feel so liberated and my outlook is refreshed when I do finally vomit and all of a sudden the majority of my sickness drains away...That moment right then is enough to just make you go. "Thank Gaia I'm alive!".

Anyhow. I don't take medication usually, regardless of how ill I am. Normally, I chew on thyme, that herb works miracles. Eat fresh root ginger and drink spearmint/mint/herbal teas, slowly.

I also like to nap a good bit too. Keep it all natural. <3

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Two years ago I more than topped my personal best. I had started back at teaching in school. I hadn't built up the resistance to all those viruses, so when it hit, it hit big time. After eating a Big Mac from McDonald's, and they are gross anyway, I got sick at about 11 at night. I lost count throwing up, somewhere between 50 and 60 times!

The next day I just drank some Ginger Ale, something I usually drink with cranberry juice, and just ate Salteens, Pojo's recommendation. I only missed one day of work.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I get sick I diaper up lay in bed and watch TV mainly Fox news unless theres a good cartoon on such as Fosters or The Fairyodd Parents. So pretty much the same as Draconil Tailsfire over there. Almost seams like were brothers I guess. :sweatdrop:

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Have you ever barfed so hard you blacked out? That happened to me once when I was younger..

I just remember waking up in the middle night, and immediately knowing that I had to barf.. NOW! So out of bed I leapt, clutching my mouth and feeling the pressure building in my stomach.. I get to the toilet, and start unloading.. It hurt, and yet felt so good as the same time.. At one point, I blacked out.. don't know when, but I didn't realize it until I heard my mom repeating "are you all right?" from right next to me. I don't know how she came to be there.. That was when I came back to reality, and realized what a mess I had made.

Over half of my vomit missed my target completely- I spewed puke half way up the wall, and it was *all over* the floor around the toilet.. Worse yet, it was all over me.. had to change.

But as a reward for my ill health, I got to stay home from school the next day!

That was the worst sick day in my life- I was zoned out all day and ran to the bathroom about 500 more times that day.

Now to answer the question: Whenever I get sick, I generally just take some cold meds(assuming I have a cold). I have found that smelling spicy foods really help to clear congestion- that's the worst part of being sick I think, being unable to breathe. I also stick with light uncarbonated drinks and light meals like soap(though I hate soup).

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Have you ever barfed so hard you blacked out? That happened to me once when I was younger..

I just remember waking up in the middle night, and immediately knowing that I had to barf.. NOW! So out of bed I leapt, clutching my mouth and feeling the pressure building in my stomach.. I get to the toilet, and start unloading.. It hurt, and yet felt so good as the same time.. At one point, I blacked out.. don't know when, but I didn't realize it until I heard my mom repeating "are you all right?" from right next to me. I don't know how she came to be there.. That was when I came back to reality, and realized what a mess I had made.

Over half of my vomit missed my target completely- I spewed puke half way up the wall, and it was *all over* the floor around the toilet.. Worse yet, it was all over me.. had to change.
Thats epic, but not as epic as pooping out vomit. Still vomiting until you pass out. :laugh:

JoshATL

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
When i am sick i stay in bed in a diaper and nightgown. Mostly sleep and watch cartoons. Mom makes me soup and changes me if i need it.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Much like Rance I absolutely detest throwing up, I do everything in my will power to avoid it, albeit not to the point where it's forced to gush out elsewhere, which is a little odd, generally you feel better afterwards, or so I'm told. The one time I can recall vomiting made me dread it ever happening again.

When I'm sick I remain in bed and sleep. If I'm not asleep I leave the television on and idly watch dull programmes.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Ok, I know just how horrible an upset stomach feels, I had a streak of like a month or two where I threw up at least once daily... What I found is throw up to get it over with, at least you wont have anything left in you to make your stomach feel worse, of course there are some occasions when that will not be true. Well, get well soon, hope you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.