what do you use

Status
Not open for further replies.

may

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
what do you use and why baby oil,gel,powder,wipes? which is best and what should i buy ?

2low

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
its cleaner for hygeine if you wet them or mess in them
so that would be using whipes , also powder helps from shafting and getting you smelling all nice hehe ,

urm oil to keep your um skin ?? nice and soft

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The oil and powder are generally used as preventatives to diaper rash and the gel usually helps it go away quicker if you have it. Wipes are for sanitizing your diaper area and hands (and anything else for that matter) after they have been soiled, usually between changes.

I rub baby oil on and then apply a light coat of baby powder before I put on diaper a and then when Im done usuing the diaper I wipe it all down with the wipes and re-apply if im just changing, or just a little powder to help 'air-out' if Im going back to big-kid underwear again.

If you have really sensitive skin you may want to make sure you get hypo-allergenic stuff, but none of it bothers me and the off brands all seem to perform just as good as johnson & johnson for me.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Because I don't wear all that often, I don't use creams, oils or powders. I do use a generic wipe for when I need them (they're handy for after sex, too).

I have to say, though, that what aero was describing sounds pretty awesome with the oil, then the powder, and all that. Maybe I'll treat myself next time I wear. :D

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I dont use anytihng really, I only wear while I sleep, I shower when I get up. But I do have some wipe's there handy for allot of things, An if you get the unsented kind, work great for cleaning your screen.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Powder and wipes... Neither 'coats' your hands with hard to clean stuff like oil and creams do. Oily stuff also tends to seep into clothes, beds, etc. and for some diapers, they sometimes make them seperate the layers at the legs (depend pullups especially) and out comes the wet gel down your legs!

I don't mind getting a bit of talc dust on things, and a quick clap of the hands is all it takes to clean 'em up before applying the tapes.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I use Pampers Unscented Aloe baby wipes. I hardly ever use powder and when I do it is Diaparene corn starch baby powder. I am allergic to talc. If I think an irritation or rash is starting I use Desitin.

Every evening the second I get home I take a bath. Soon after I get up in the morning I take a shower.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
if im wearing for say extended periods over the weekend i use vasaline baby scented with baby powder, then clean up with Pampers wipes or just hop in the shower.

S

soren456

I get into my diaper naked. :eek:

(Avert your eyes . . . . )

I use cotton wash cloths for cleanup. Bought a whole bale of them; doing my part for greenness. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Elli

I use 'Bepanthen' nappy cream to avoid chafing around the leg-cuff area.

Oily stuff also tends to seep into clothes, beds, etc. and for some diapers, they sometimes make them seperate the layers at the legs (depend pullups especially) and out comes the wet gel down your legs!

When I read this, to be honest I doubted that something oily could damage the structure of a nappy. Until something unusual just happened.

The thin elastic thread that runs within the leak guards to enable them to stand, somehow became outside the leak guard material so that they were limp and the elastic was just there, still stretched, not broken but useless and annoying.

The cream I use is designed for use with nappies. It says 'Nappy care ointment' on the side of the tube. It is quite oily, but I've used it all day numerous time with no problem...until today. So now I'm wondering whether oily cream did cause this and if so, how?

I know oil breaks down latex, but can it break down the glue used to construct nappies?

Perhaps I just had a weak or faulty nappy or maybe I somehow stretched it too far? Not sure how though.

I'm curious now!

Last edited by a moderator:

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
I can tell you while I used to use the depend super-plus underwear before they redesigned, I used to use lotion because I didn't have to worry about the tapes not sticking. I almost never had a gel leak, aside from it being burstingly full. With the lotion, it happened quite alot, and far from at capacity.

I'd say there's something going on there. I bet it'll happen again too.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I use powder, and a good amount of it. It smells nice, prevents diaper rash...and makes a fresh diaper feel great :D

-Gus

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny: Seldom use Baby Wipes or Baby Oil or Baby Powder Scented Petroleum Jelly. I use a zinc oxide based diaper rash ointment and Johnson's Medicated Baby Powder during irritation and rash times (not often although I wear 12-18hrs/day). Regular, Lavender or Cornstarch baby powder at other times (whether diapered or not) particularly after a shower. I've tried Huggies Liquid Baby Powder - goes on like lotion then dries to a protective powder. I also use Johnson's Baby Cologne :bunny:

Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I also use Johnson's Baby Cologne :bunny:

Is this stuff any good btw?

To answer the original question, I just use Valutime baby wipes (cheap but still pretty darn good). When I feel like powder, I use Top Care cornstarch baby powder. Good quality stuff. There's one thing I'd prefer to get name brand though (besides diapers), and that's rash cream. Desitin rocks.

~ moogle

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit
I also use Johnson's Baby Cologne
Is this stuff any good btw?

If you like baby powder fragrance - this is the best stuff! :bunny: