What do you think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
You all share a common thing. Don't you think that people that you share a common ground would be open to help with off topic things. Or should you share life experiences with people you can't trust who will only critze you so what do you think let me no...

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I think that the common ground we ( include yourself too )share here is the starting point to finding more common areas (and differences) with the others that inhabit this space. To me, that process of discovery allows me to "know" everyone else here, (to the extent that I can know anyone anonymously) and be able to ask for and give help or advice, where needed or asked for, on topic or off.

In the anonymity of the site, sharing life stories and events that shape who you have become, trust is less of an issue, I think. Generally, there is a shared trust we have with other members because of the sensitive feelings attached to why we are here, otherwise we wouldn't bare our souls (or at least give details that show how we arrive at a certain point of view about things) and be able to give and ask for help dealing with issues beyond the physical.

The "people you can't trust who will only criticize" are real, or on the site?

If they are real, and you don't think they can be trusted with what you want to talk about, then you need to find A)someone you DO trust IRL if it is a big thing, and B) look here.

Role
I am wondering because a friend of mine came and asked for help and someone just bashed him and I think it just isn't right.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I am wondering because a friend of mine came and asked for help and someone just bashed him and I think it just isn't right.

And you asked to let things die, gotta love hypocrisy, I left the thread not bothering you anymore and you come here and make this, thanks.

Role
And you asked to let things die, gotta love hypocrisy, I left the thread not bothering you anymore and you come here and make this, thanks.

I did it because I wanted to know if people like you are common in this forum or if its just you who is a jerk to people who need help I made no reference to you what's so ever. You are the one who came and announced that you are the one I was talking about. OK Fallen I have let it go I just wanted to know how things are run here okay. Stay away from me and I'll do the same to you unless you are bashing a random person because I will speak up because it is the right thing to do.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I did it because I wanted to know if people like you are common in this forum or if its just you who is a jerk to people who need help I made no reference to you what's so ever. You are the one who came and announced that you are the one I was talking about. OK Fallen I have let it go I just wanted to know how things are run here okay. Stay away from me and I'll do the same to you unless you are bashing a random person because I will speak up because it is the right thing to do.

Whatever, realize that 'bashing' and criticizing someone are two different things, you don't like my opinion deal with it, don't go and make another thread to whine in because someone has a negative opinion, the world isn't all happy and nice, grow up and deal with it.

Role
Whatever, realize that 'bashing' and criticizing someone are two different things, you don't like my opinion deal with it, don't go and make another thread to whine in because someone has a negative opinion, the world isn't all happy and nice, grow up and deal with it.

Well you need to grow up and be a little less full of your self. You think you are so awesome that you have to go around and come up to someone and say they don't know anything well guess what you are immature and you need to get over your self.:eek:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You all share a common thing. Don't you think that people that you share a common ground would be open to help with off topic things.

We all share the fact each of us was born naked and with nothing and that one day all of us will be dead and everyone is again equal in death. That's the most common thing I think we all share.

Role
We all share the fact each of us was born naked and with nothing and that one day all of us will be dead and everyone is again equal in death. That's the most common thing I think we all share.
Yeah that is true but shouldn't people here be able to talk about other things not just about the fetish because people are open about that why can't they about other things? With out being bashed. you know just helpful help not being mean you know.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah that is true but shouldn't people here be able to talk about other things not just about the fetish because people are open about that why can't they about other things?

We already do exactly that. Most of the topics on Adisc aren't even about diapers.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Most people here aren't rude at all. And if you find anyone to be rude just skip their posts and ignore them.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
:whs0be:

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Yeah its just some people are saying that this is a fetish site and you shouldn't be asking about other stuff

Well that's hardly logical.
It's a support community.
And there wouldn't be an off topic board unless the discussion of off topic things wasn't encouraged.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
This is a support community. I have gone to people here for help with all kinds of things, TBDL and otherwise, in the past and I would willingly do it again. I think part of what makes this community a nice place to be is the large amount of 'off topic discussion' and the fact that people are willing to help. I think the day this site just becomes about diapers and nothing else is the day I leave it. I am glad that this doesn't seem to be about to happen, but hurt that there are some people who think that this site is about that and nothing else.

*BDL is what brought us here. It is NOT what keeps us here. What keeps us here is, or at least in my opinion should be, each other.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

He isn't bashing random people... He just likes trolling.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Seeing the topic in question Fallen raised excellent questions and concerns. He did sound slightly rude but his points were still valid.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i think it takes more than just a mutual interest in diapers to establish a sense of commonality with someone. just because you and someone else share the same fetish doesn't mean you're going to get along with them. an unsettlingly large number of ABDLs, for example, seem to hang out in places like DPF, dailydiapers, and deeker and talk about nothing but poop, finding a mommy, and "diaper sightings." i probably wouldn't want to be friends with those people.

even on this site there are people who i'm pretty sure i could never carry on a satisfying conversation with if we met in real life. different people have different personalities and different interests. sharing the same fetish doesn't necessarily mean we're all best friends with one another.

Seeing the topic in question Fallen raised excellent questions and concerns. He did sound slightly rude but his points were still valid.

i disagree. in my opinion fallen was out of line in that thread. there was nothing constructive about the points he raised: he was basically just telling someone to give up on his dream. plenty of people in that thread were finding ways to give baby_mike good advice and constructive criticism; fallen just told him he's a failure and should stop trying. remarks like that should be left unspoken: all they do is hurt people.

fallen is a good example of someone i'm pretty sure i wouldn't get along with in real life.

Role
  1. Private
i think it takes more than just a mutual interest in diapers to establish a sense of commonality with someone. just because you and someone else share the same fetish doesn't mean you're going to get along with them. an unsettlingly large number of ABDLs, for example, seem to hang out in places like DPF, dailydiapers, and deeker and talk about nothing but poop, finding a mommy, and "diaper sightings." i probably wouldn't want to be friends with those people.

even on this site there are people who i'm pretty sure i could never carry on a satisfying conversation with if we met in real life. different people have different personalities and different interests. sharing the same fetish doesn't necessarily mean we're all best friends with one another.

This is very accurate. Strong friendships cannot be formed around fetishes or sexual attractions, especially if that's the only thing you really have in common. I bet the large number of people who use those aforementioned sites get themselves into a meet-up situation and soon realise that they really don't like the other person/people at all, or that beyond diapers they don't really have much to talk about. Makes for some real awkward moments. There's more to people than just their sex life, so if you want to be friends with someone, make the effort to get to know them from every perspective, not the one where you get in their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.