What do you think of "Interview Me" threads?

See Title (Look in intro forum if you don't get it)

• I like/tolerate them.

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • I dislike them.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Why do you have so many threads?

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Share your input. I wanted the People's Voice™ from another KovalThread™ before I made one, if I do, so as to make sure I wouldn't be annoying.

Please vote and post if you want to share your opinion.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm not a fan, but then, I don't spend so much time in the greetings forum. so i dont care much what people do.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Feels like one of those Facebook fads ("25 Things About Me", etc) that's caught on quickly. I don't hang around the Intros area, but I do like the idea of getting to know members better. Though isn't that what PMs are for?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Who the fuck cares. If you want to make one, then make one. Making a thread that's asking people if you should make a thread just seems spammish, and doesn't help people to think you're making a thread just for a hell of it. I'll admit that the interview thing is going a bit crazy, but there are always fads like that, so just either go with the flow, or stay out.

Role
  1. Private
Who the fuck cares. If you want to make one, then make one. Making a thread that's asking people if you should make a thread just seems spammish, and doesn't help people to think you're making a thread just for a hell of it. I'll admit that the interview thing is going a bit crazy, but there are always fads like that, so just either go with the flow, or stay out.

This.

Really... honestly... who cares. It'll be cleared in a few weeks anyway.

Let people have their fun.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd rather get to know people through their forum postings. An "Interview me!" thread feels more or less like a self-fellatiating ego-trip than anything else. Not that self-fellatiating ego-trips can't be fun! But...

dprdinky

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Listen I haven't voted and don't know if I will. Not enough for me to vote the way I want to.

Question: Why can't it be separated from the Intro thread? It's really not part of introduction, but seems to be a little of finding out people.

Role
  1. Private
Question: Why can't it be separated from the Intro thread? It's really not part of introduction, but seems to be a little of finding out people.

It's a fad. It'll go away in time. No use creating a whole section for it.

As Dawes pointed out, it can be a little impersonal and egofeeding, but it is certainly interesting to an extent nonetheless. People's best topic of interest is themselves after all!

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer

Are you calling me spammish? Look who's talking. :rolleyes:

I'm not creating this thread just for me, but I wanted a general opinion as to what people think.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think it was a cool idea, but it's become cliche and a bit annoying now. I'll get over it and probably just ignore most of them.

F

Falkio

You know, you guys could make this interesting and actually *post in them*.

Just a thought. You may go back to complaining now. :tongueout:

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I'd rather get to know people through their forum postings. An "Interview me!" thread feels more or less like a self-fellatiating ego-trip than anything else. Not that self-fellatiating ego-trips can't be fun! But...

So, ummm... would you be willing to take yourself on a trip to fellate my ego? I swear, it'd only take like five minutes. just a quickie? please?

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
What do I think? I think they are threads. Threads where people can.... post stuff. I found them a little annoying when a million of them popped up, but they're not so bad. They're not really hurting anything, after all.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I didn't even know this was going on... I should check those forums more often! I want to brag about how awesome I am......... sign me up YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It's pointless. But it's pointless things that are fun.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I like them. If I don't want to see them I just won't go into them.
I have learned a lot more about a few people since the re-intro thread trend got going.
I think it really helps newer members get to know the people on the site.

It should be ongoing; save a copy of that intro, repost it every 6 months to a year or so, so that newer joinees get a snapshot of who you are. It's a bit difficult to put all the little bits of info from many posts together to get a idea of who you are, and not many people want to go searching for the old threads.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, ummm... would you be willing to take yourself on a trip to fellate my ego? I swear, it'd only take like five minutes. just a quickie? please?

You provide the beer, my friend, and I'll do anything to your ego!

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Why does this bother people, you don't complain about there being too many 'hello I'm new to this site' threads.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I like them. If I don't want to see them I just won't go into them.

Exactly! If a thread gets annoying to you, or the topic even appears it's going to go in that direction, just ignore it and move on. If inappropriate in nature for the forums, then use the report button. Just like IRL you try to avoid conversations that are annoying or that you have no interest in. Only difference is, on a forum it's easier to completely avoid annoying topics and conversations whereas IRL situations you still might have to listen to annoying people sometimes.

Kovalchuk, if you feel you'd like to do an "Interview Me" thread by all means grab a blank thread form from ADISC's supply cabinet, fill it out and submit it.:)

~Pramrider

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.