What Do You Spend Your Extra Money On ?

KitsuneFox

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
What do you like to spend your disposable income on?

Thanks to my unique job, I have all the diapers I need provided to me. I tend to spend my personal money mostly on books, art related items, and sometimes specialized tools.
My latest purchase from Ebay where: an academic text book on Small Engine Repair, a Chilton manual on small engine repair, Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and the 3 books in the Metro series .
I've also splurged this year and bought over 4,700 postcards for future collage making.

I'm a multitalented musician with a home studio, so there are always ideas on what to spend extra money on lol
I think I'm at 11 electric guitars, 4 basses, and two sets of drums now...
Guitar amplifiers is a whole other story, one wall of my basement is fully occupied by rows of amps!

Sewing has completely grabbed me as well, so I imagine once these lockdowns lift, textiles and sewing supplies will steal their chunk of extra income as well...

But mainly, a good helping of my extra coin goes into investments.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: RainbowQuorthon, Kayleigh and KitsuneFox
Video games, though not as many as I used to.

Books, usually used ones at the thrift store, but sometimes will buy a new one if I want to support the author.

Diapers.

Honestly? I bank a lot of my money for later, which has proven very helpful during the pandemic. My superfluous needs are pretty boring.

- video games though also not much as I used to
- materials required to make art, both traditional and digital but I no longer purchase materials for traditional art because I still have plenty and want to move to digital completely
- citrus trees and gardening items (see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_20210427_102057.jpg
    IMG_20210427_102057.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 5
Okay I guess I'll add this:

I really like writing fiction, reading at open mics and self publishing on Amazon, and as I go forward, want to make more money from this side-hustle. I've known about these keyboards for a few years, but this is the first time I've really decided to buy one. Maybe in time for Christmas, but that's my next luxury purchase goal.

I have mostly been buying manga lately. I also buy vinyl records from time to time but I currently need a new record player, so I haven't been buying any lately

Lately, trying new things has been the theme... amateur radio, camping, unusual plants, an SDR kit...

Funding the process of self-discovery, I guess.

Video games

Reactions: Lyokodl
Primarily music. Before the pandemic, I'd attend an average of 50-60 concerts a year, plus I prefer physical music media, so I'd habitually buy CDs, vinyl and occasionally other merch to support bands and maybe a monthly trip or two to local record stores.

I used to be overwhelmed with stuff: I had thousands of books, games and DVDs I used to buy by the armload, but during the pandemic I realized I needed to significantly downgrade my life and got rid of tons of it, just boxes and boxes going to eBay, friends and thrift stores in favor of digital media, though I still buy books, albeit a bit more sparingly.

Reactions: Lyokodl
This year so far I’ve purchased music, two violin bows and two sets of strings

Reactions: Lyokodl and Abdlchriscrinkle
Guns

Reactions: Babybear2006 and FudgedInLuvs
Cooking ingredients. Alcohol (I have a addiction to booze) and huge amounts on gardening. Also obviously diapers!!😊. I love anything creative - so gardening big scale , cooking ambitious stuff , piano studying (which I'm not very good.. but will never give up)

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris and egor
Kittyinpink said:
Alcohol (I have a addiction to booze)
I've been in the same boat. I can't bear to think of how much I've spent on alcohol this year, but it's an addiction I've been powerless to stop. I got my last COVID shot four days ago and got sick, so now this has become the longest I've been sober since February. I'm really hoping this could be the opportunity to break away from it and I'm hoping you find a similar opportunity soon, too.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
PurplePup89 said:
I've been in the same boat. I can't bear to think of how much I've spent on alcohol this year, but it's an addiction I've been powerless to stop. I got my last COVID shot four days ago and got sick, so now this has become the longest I've been sober since February. I'm really hoping this could be the opportunity to break away from it and I'm hoping you find a similar opportunity soon, too.
Thanks Purple Pup89 ! My addiction is from long time ago . It's very complicated and traumatic.. beside that bad side of myself I work very hard . And keep myself as healthy as I can. I managed to quit for one year and a quarter but I re started at the covid lock down.. I get my second jab in about six weeks.. wishing you good luck with your addiction as well. It's nice to hear from people in a similar position. Thank you very much!😊.

Kittyinpink said:
Thanks Purple Pup89 ! My addiction is from long time ago . It's very complicated and traumatic.. beside that bad side of myself I work very hard . And keep myself as healthy as I can. I managed to quit for one year and a quarter but I re started at the covid lock down.. I get my second jab in about six weeks.. wishing you good luck with your addiction as well. It's nice to hear from people in a similar position. Thank you very much!😊.
I've always fallen too easily into self-medication since I have bipolar and BPD. When I had an active career and social life I was able to handle just once-in-a-while social drinking and even spontaneously gave up all alcohol for an entire year. Of course, COVID effectively left me unemployed and housebound for over a year, which eventually drove me right back into it, and it's currently the worst it's ever been. I feel my situation will definitely improve once I'm able to get out of the house more, though I've at least been given a lot of social support and resources from friends. It's something I'll probably have to work on for the rest of my life.

Didn't mean to derail the thread there. Carry on!

Diapers, video gaming stuff, and trading cards

Occasionally watches

Last edited:
PurplePup89 said:
I've always fallen too easily into self-medication since I have bipolar and BPD. When I had an active career and social life I was able to handle just once-in-a-while social drinking and even spontaneously gave up all alcohol for an entire year. Of course, COVID effectively left me unemployed and housebound for over a year, which eventually drove me right back into it, and it's currently the worst it's ever been. I feel my situation will definitely improve once I'm able to get out of the house more, though I've at least been given a lot of social support and resources from friends. It's something I'll probably have to work on for the rest of my life.

Didn't mean to derail the thread there. Carry on!
I'm glad you 'derailed' the thread! It's been a lovely impropto conversation! 😊. You carry on as well ! And look after yourself. I hope to be able to enjoy alcohol but not all the time. I don't actually want to quit completely , just want to be a bit more sensible..

Reactions: KrankyPants
Clothes, shoes & diapers

Diapers I want to make sure I have enough diapers.

Back