What do you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emomessiah

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What musical instrument/s do you play and or own?

I play guitar and bass. I currently own--

2002 Fender Telecaster (Seymore Duncan Hotstack bridge pickup)

2000 Fender Stratocaster

2001 Gibson Explorer (EMG pickups)

Warwick Corvette Pro Line 4 string bass.

(All "MADE IN U.S.A")

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i play the cello, and i'm going to be in the pit orchestra for this years musical. i'm excited.

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I own a Gibson SG Epiphone, but I can't play it lol :p
That's why I like DJ'ing, because it doesn't involve any notes, oh and I'm really good at drums, because I don't need to know notes for that either :D

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I play a Bb Vincent Bach Stradivarius with a 43-star (light weight) bell. I've been playing trumpet for about 13 years.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've been programming drums for over ten years now, starting out on an old Roland MC-303. It was an old and rather underestimated DJ piece, sold for its pre-made beats and the ease with which they could be mixed into music... but I ended up learning how to embrace its substantial sound library and programmability. I upgraded from that to an MC-505 and then later began to learn using Fruity Loops and various other drum-sequencing programs.

I play piano and keyboard on the side. I used to play classical piano, but after having learned it for six years in school and then not touching a piano for about five years afterwards, I lost most of everything I had learned. I've been dabbling in guitar and bass here and there, but I manage only a few chords and haven't yet gotten used to the intricacies.

One of my favorite "instruments" to play comes with working vocals. I can't sing, but I do love dropping down a vocal part just to rip it apart -- to cut it into specific words and phrases, sample it, turn it into its own rhythm. Samples are really fun to work with!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I play the harmonix xb360 white 2006 guitar. ;)

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I play guitar, violin, drums, and I scream!
guitar- Schecter Omen 6
violin- some piece of crap
drums- some kind of DW drums
microphone- Shure SM58

Role
Private
I have 2 synthesizers.

Korg microKORG - fun and incredibly powerful.

Roland SH-101 - It's a great synth, but I'm not really liking it too much, so I'll be selling it off soon.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oy, Lukie, should you want to sell it off to anyone in particular.. well, you make an offer and I'll see what I can do! *wink, nudge, wink, nudge*

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I play an E13? E14 maybe? Buffet clarinet - and I love it! Classical that is. I'm not so great at jazz. The blues' scale confuses me!

...I got first chair for the band this year, and we're going to Carnegie Hall! I have quite a few solos, some small and I'm pretty much leading one of the pieces. Needless to say, I'm totally excited, but really freaked at the same time.

It'll be fun :D

Oh, and I use Fruityloops to exercise my knowledge of scales (except the blues' scale >:O) and my desire to make some awesome beats. I've only made about three that I'd consider sending anywhere.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
guitar is my best instrument these days, although i'm trying really hard to get better on the fiddle. i'm still pretty mediocre, though, even after playing for a couple of years.

i also play the piano. i was really good when i was younger, but nowadays i can only remember a few pieces.

and, of course, i love to sing!

Triangle

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
I've been playing piano since I was four. We have a Challen baby grand in the lounge room and I have a Roland RS-70 in my bedroom. I have another synth at my father's house, but I can't remember what kind it is. As of the end of last year I've kinda stopped taking lessons, but still play songs I like for fun.

When I was seven I started playing violin. I did that for a while but stopped at about 15 because it really wasn't going anywhere.

Five years ago I took up horn. I took lessons through the school for three years, then took private lessons for a year, and then did without last year. Haven't played for a while now, but there's a possibility I might join the West Australian Symphonic Wind Ensemble.

I may learn guitar at some point in the future too, because I really want a band. =(

boogalah

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Electric guitar. I own a lovely white Strat but I've yet to make it sing. I don't have the energy, patience, or attention span for lessons.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I play drums, and Piano.

Drums : Currently Ludwig, I can't remember the model, cost around 900-1000$. As for Crashes, Rides, Hi-hats and all that jazz, I use Sabian AA series Cymbals.
I am currently saving up for a Tama Starclassic. Seriously, Tama might be the best drums ever. I've played at a venue on a Superstar kit (a cheaper mod), and they're quite good.
I also go for Remo Drum heads and Vic First American Classic 5AN sticks.

Piano : A Clavinova by Yamaha. I also have a small portable keyboard.

I also built with my father a electric bass out of a kit, and I know a tune or two, but I can't say I can 'play' it, so nevermind that I mentioned it here.

drums- some kind of DW drums
Since it's 'some kind' of DW, you might be talking about their wider-scale, industrially made branch, Pacific Drums (PDP). They're quite good, I have to admit.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I play the trombone! Which is a pretty funky instrument.
I've played that for... 4 years? Maybe 5 actually.

I used to play the clarinet too, I still have it actually (even though it's not mine! :p). When I go to university I'll probably take the clarinet with me and teach myself to play it... I might even buy a saxophone if I get good on the clarinet. (I can't take my trombone, because it belongs to the brass band that I play in, which I'll obviously have to leave when I move).

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Hmmm....I think I've been here before although not with such great detail.

I play:
  • recorder
  • French Horn
  • Glockenspiel
  • trumpet
  • piano
  • pipe organ
  • electronic keyboard
  • guitar (sort of on the guitar...I know a few chords)
  • cymbals! (Crashing cymbals is FUN!)

I currently own:
  • some sort of recorder, I'm not sure what make
  • Trumpet (I'm too lazy to go look)
  • Guitar (acoustic, again too lazy to go look)
  • Piano (LaRonde by Willis) (My parents bought it for me when I was 8
    years old and it is desperately in need of being tuned after having been stored at less than favourable temperatures during the autumn. It doesn't look like anything special to the untrained eye, but I (or rather my mum) had an offer from a piano-tuner to trade it for a baby-grand (even trade)!)

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i play on a pair of these a lot:

And I played drums for a bit before deciding I didn't fancy it much.
so I'm now learning guitar on a BC Mockingbird... (don't ask how it's going - it's kinda not)
How long that lasts I don't know.

I have 2 synthesizers.

Korg microKORG - fun and incredibly powerful.
I just like the vocoder - otherwise mine would be almost useless (only need it for Audio classes!) :p

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I used to play piano.
now i'm trying to learn to play guitar bass

Status
Not open for further replies.