What do you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I love Volvos. My Dad has had various models ever since his Ford Cortina and my Mum's Mini were written off outside their house.

Well I guess I´m somewhat patriotic. I am Swedish after all :D

And just as a curiosity, I do believe that Kawasaki Ninja, Versys and the Er6 all share the same basic engine but with different gearing.

EmilyAdella

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
A champinge 1993 pontiac bonneville SE with just over a hundred thousand miles on it, and very nice 110db+ stereo. The bonny as she is know shows her age but still has some pep and vigro with a zero to 60 in under 7 second which for 3600lb car with a v6 is pretty good, 0-100 in just under 8s and tops at about 113 speed limiter kicks in. Not the fast car I have driven or the fast I have ever been. She got it where it counts though my Bonnie is comfortable has all the right moves and plays my kind of music is forgiving and does not cost much to keep in good running order, the only complaints are the inadequate alternator the stock was a 160AMPs I upped it to a 210 unit from the SSE, refitted professional by MR. alternator company for car and my voltage can still drop to only 8v if the AC and stereo are running at the same time, not to mention the headlights or anything fine by themselves, mainly the AC though that thing drains my voltage faster than a power outage, and yes the alt and battery are good tested also can bump up the rpm in care to alts optimal rpm of 2000-3000, and the voltage will stabilize.
Anyway most likely TMI :eek:

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A champinge 1993 pontiac bonneville SE with just over a hundred thousand miles on it, and very nice 110db+ stereo. The bonny as she is know shows her age but still has some pep and vigro with a zero to 60 in under 7 second which for 3600lb car with a v6 is pretty good, 0-100 in just under 8s and tops at about 113 speed limiter kicks in. Not the fast car I have driven or the fast I have ever been. She got it where it counts though my Bonnie is comfortable has all the right moves and plays my kind of music is forgiving and does not cost much to keep in good running order, the only complaints are the inadequate alternator the stock was a 160AMPs I upped it to a 210 unit from the SSE, refitted professional by MR. alternator company for car and my voltage can still drop to only 8v if the AC and stereo are running at the same time, not to mention the headlights or anything fine by themselves, mainly the AC though that thing drains my voltage faster than a power outage, and yes the alt and battery are good tested also can bump up the rpm in care to alts optimal rpm of 2000-3000, and the voltage will stabilize.
Anyway most likely TMI :eek:
Your speed numbers don't make sense. Your car can go from 60-100 in just over one second?

I had a Bonneville once upon a time, and a LeSabre after that (same car with different trimmings). I know they could not get to 60 in 7 seconds in stock form(more like 9-10). They were both great cars, and they were quick enough (plenty of torque to get up and going), but they weren't cars that could get to 60 in less than 9 seconds (unless you're thinking 60 km/h and 100 km/h).

grst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Believe it or not, my 4700 lb Sedona minivan, with a 3.8L V6 tops out at 124 MPH, where the acceleration randomly stops (rev limiter). It goes from zero to top speed in 25 seconds. Zero to 60 in roughly 7 seconds, 60-100 in about 4 seconds. Quarter mile in about 15 seconds. I am shockingly impressed by how quick and nimble it is for being such a big vehicle. 13 speaker stock Infinity sound system actually does an amazing job - and has an 8-inch subwoofer, as well as an amplifier. I'm not an audiophile, but it certainly does the job when I really want to rock out to a good jam.
fast minivan.jpg

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It has a 460 V8 (7.5L for the metric crowd) that puts out about 200 HP on a good day.

wow all that power from only seven and a half litres! Here I was thinking that 123 HP from my 2.6L was bad. I'm amazed that they managed to fit such a large displacement into an eight cylinder.

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
And just as a curiosity, I do believe that Kawasaki Ninja, Versys and the Er6 all share the same basic engine but with different gearing.

My Dad has an ER6 he was loaned a ninja when his went in for servicing, he said it was much faster than his ER6 :)

Bongolino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I drive a 2010 Toyota Prius. Love it and I'll be trading it for a 2013 soon.
What I really enjoy about the HSD is the totally linear acceleration. If you floor it, it'll just go from 0 to top speed with full torque.
And it's got a button for super pursuit mode :D
If you press that, all engines will operate at full power simultaneously. That's really nice for pissing off minor Audis in city traffic :D

I'm amazed that they managed to fit such a large displacement into an eight cylinder.
Cadillac even used to make 500 ci (8 L) V8 engines in the mid to late 1970s (like in the Eldorado Coupe for example :) )

Goodnites11

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
wow all that power from only seven and a half litres! Here I was thinking that 123 HP from my 2.6L was bad. I'm amazed that they managed to fit such a large displacement into an eight cylinder.
The big engines all got hit pretty hard by the U.S. Government's sudden imposition of pollution controls and CAFE standards.

From 1971 (the last year before the hard pollution controls went into effect) and 1972 (the year they took effect), the 460 in the Continentals lost 30-40 horsepower (based on the best numbers I could find for pre-'72 Net HP) and an unknown amount of torque. In 1972, the car manufacturers all switched from using SAE Gross horsepower ratings to SAE Net ratings to cover the drop in horsepower. The 1971 Continentals were stated to have 365 HP (SAE Gross), and the 1972s were stated to have 212 horsepower (SAE Net). What would happen, however, is when the customer came in to buy a new Continental and saw the huge drop in the number, the dealers would just tell them it was a change in the rating system, but it still has the same engine so it must still have the same power. Put a little spin on increased sound deadening bla bla blah and you have a convinced customer. The stated numbers for the '78 were 208 HP and 356 foot-pounds of torque. Mine desperately needs a new carburetor (the Motorcraft 4350 was a shit carb and mine started leaking gas again about 7 minutes after rebuilding it last year) and the engine's been overheated once (radiator hose blew on the freeway last summer), so I'm sure it's not making 208 HP anymore.

Cadillac even used to make 500 ci (8 L) V8 engines in the mid to late 1970s (like in the Eldorado Coupe for example :) )
What's funny is that giant 500 barely wheezed out any more power than the Ford 460 did, and by 1976 the 500 was only putting out 190 horsepower!

D

Deleted member 989

While I don't have a car yet, I hope to get something like a Chevy Sonic, Spark or a Ford Focus. Pure American craftsmanship...or maybe something German.

The Chevy Spark and Chevy Sonic were designed by GM's South Korean division, formerly Daewoo Motors, and the Ford Focus was designed by Ford Europe. None of these are 'Pure American Craftsmanship' as they originate in design from Europe and Asia. It seems rather strange that you'd claim 'Pure American Craftsmanship' and then list THREE separate cars that are not of American origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Role
  1. Private
Sadly I got news today I'll only be able to afford cars as new as in the George W. Bush era (not that that's anything bad but its definately not what I expected).

D

dixon

I just purchased a nice 2010 Chevy Cobalt XFE Sedan... and got a sweet deal on it... 34,760 miles on it when I purchased it... not regretting that decision Has a 5spd Manual Transmission (It has 3 pedals) Also thinking about getting a Cobalt SS either Supercharged or Turbocharged as a weekend warrior...

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
While I don't have a car yet, I hope to get something like a Chevy Sonic, Spark or a Ford Focus. Pure American craftsmanship...or maybe something German.

Be careful. Believe it or not, the American Big Three assemble quite a few cars in Mexico.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Be careful. Believe it or not, the American Big Three assemble quite a few cars in Mexico.
Everyone assembles cars everywhere. Most of the models Ford sells in the United States are assembled in the United States. The Edge, Flex, MKX, and MKT are assembled in Canada. Some Fusions and MKZs, and all Fiestas, are assembled in Mexico. Every other Ford model sold in the U.S. is assembled in the U.S. I don't really know the specifics of GM or Chrysler assembly model by model, but I know most Chryslers are assembled in the U.S. (many in Michigan), and I'd be really surprised if over half of GMs sold in the U.S. are assembled elsewhere.

Seamuis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to have a classic VW beetle (would love to have another if its a cabriolet) but for the past few years its been a modern Vespa scooter. I have however recently been looking very hard at moving to bicycle commuting. I really fell in love with bicycle riding all over again after spending so much time in london in the past year.

Soda

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
I drive a Hyundai Excel from 1994. He's not anything amazing, but I will say one thing... he is the first car I ever bought, and he has lasted me a long time without too much work from the repair shop. He's a shiny metallic silver colour, and I call him Cosmo because he's shiny like the stars. ;-)

I've noticed that most people call their cars either 'it' or 'her', but I thought that Cosmo sounded more like a guy's name, so he is a he. ;-)

TheHarryPotter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
2000 Toyota Camry. I am just waiting/hoping for someone to hit it and total it leaving me to get a new car heh

Soda

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
2000 Toyota Camry. I am just waiting/hoping for someone to hit it and total it leaving me to get a new car heh

I once got caught up in a bad accident... but it didn't wreck my car. I was driving along a main road when a sports car came up really close behind me. It was actually really scary how close he was. He backed of a little, but a moment later he accelerated really hard and smashed right up the back of me. :-( The noise and the sudden movement made me think that he had crushed half my car! ;-) He raced past me, and I noticed his licence plate was missing. I went to the cops... after about two hours at the station it turned out that the car was unlicensed, uninsured and stolen, and the joyrider had hit other people too! My rear bumper was in bad shape, but the car was still fine. :) Talk about a crazy adventure! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.