What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
This really pisses me off! I hate it when i'm trying to go to sleep and I can't because of a fly or mosquito won't leave me alone.

What do you do when this happends to you?

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
This really pisses me off! I hate it when i'm trying to go to sleep and I can't because of a fly or mosquito won't leave me alone.

I have screens on the windows, so it's rarely an issue. However, when I have had to deal with them, I noticed that flies will generally land when it's dark enough, giving you the opportunity to target them by sound, turn the light back on and smack them. Unfortunately, mosquitos are not similarly impaired. If I know one is in the room, it will either flee or meet its end before I sleep.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
I hate that too! I usually just try to ignore it though. Eventually the bug goes to sleep or something. Or I just tune it out completely.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
This happens to me. Usually I get unbelievably frustrated and thrash around until it dies or breaks a wing or something. Thrash as in, throw my covers at the noise and stuff. It's funny to think about it when I wake up the next day :D

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
I go completely insane and try my mights to kill that motherfucka! I hate flies in my room. They're just so fucking annoying.

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

Even though it makes it rather hot to do so, I just cover myself completely with the bedsheets.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Spray bottle of water to wet its wings down. Then I smash it. Somewhere around here I actually have an electric fly swatter, shocks them with about 500 volts or something. Enough current and voltage to literally cook an insect and only hurts like hell if you try to shock yourself (kinda hard to do that actually).

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I have spent 2 hours one night tracking down the mosquitos in my room. There were four of them, and it sounded like they were everywhere. I turned the lights on and scanned the walls untell I found one. As soon as I found it I would hunt it, tracking it when I couldn't hit it then strike it down when it was most vulnerable. Then I would lay back down and hear another one. This act lasts untell every last one of them die.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Hasn't happened to me soo... *knocks on wood*

jennifer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
How can you not have experienced anoying insects when trying to sleep? HOW?

Anyway, I usually try to ignore it for a while. If it doesn't stop I usually end up going into a fucking rage and hunt them down. I just can't cope with it. :/

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Insect related story: I opened my window yesterday and a humongous bee flew in not a second later. It's like it was waiting for me to open that window. I couldn't see where it landed, but I could hear it buzzing. God I hate that noise. Then I stepped on it. jesus, that was the worst feeling in the world. You how bees are fuzy?

I should also mention that I have an irrational fear of bugs of all kinds. So naturaly I freaked out and ran out of my room, not to return untill two hours later. by which time the bee was already dead.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Our family has a cottage 200 miles north of Toronto, Canada and we go up in the summer. Needless to say, there would be a million mosquitoes flying around, especially since our kids, who were young at the time, would go in and out the doors. My wife's father would light this thing called a "pic" which would kill the mosquitoes. You could literally watch them fall out of the air. I've often wondered how many cancer causing chemicals there were in the "pics".

My wife hate's flys and mosquitoes, so if there is any kind of bug in our room, I must get up and kill it. Just like Chillhouse, I killed a big bumblebee the other night. It was sitting on the steps that go down to our family room. I thought it was one of those damn crickets, but it wasn't moving, so I nudged it with my foot. I wasn't wearing shoes, only white socks. It immediately jumped on my toe. I flicked it off in a state of panic and squashed it with my heal. The next morning I went to see just what it was I killed, and sure enough, it was a fuzzy bumble bee. Gross!!!

DHLA40

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Turn on a fan, and let the air blow over you to keep the 'skeeters away from your space. It works very well for when you're in bed (especially if you like white noise while you sleep), or if you have a nice weather day, and want to keep the windows open while you sit down to read / watch / listen / play wif Legos, etc...

We leave the door onto the screened porch open pretty often so the cats can move freely about the cabin. The porch screens have holes in them in multiple places because of cats, and age, so occasionally a fly makes it's way inside. This doesn't bother me, or my wife at all though. We like the country living, and like to camp, so houseflies are not a big deal. When the weather's right, maybe twice a year or so, we'll keep a window open all night and inevitably, a mosquito will find a way in even with the screens on the windows, but the fan on a stick keeps them away from our bed.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
How can you not have experienced anoying insects when trying to sleep? HOW?

Well I listen to music when I go to sleep, so I won't be hearing any while falling asleep. I'm also a very sound sleeper, so I won't hear any while asleep. Plus, mosquito's tend to ignore me.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

I track the little sucker down untill I get him, that is one of the main reasons I don't open windows in my house, I hate bugs in my house.( all my windows are sealed and do not open)

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I seldom ever get flies or mosquitos in my room but the one insect that I seem to get the most are roaches and I cant stand them, especially when the lights are out and you hear something scampering along the floor. when I hear these little annoyances, I get a can of Raid and hunt the little rodent down.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I make sure to wipe the remains off of my hand before I go back to sleep.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Turn on a fan, and let the air blow over you to keep the 'skeeters away from your space. It works very well for when you're in bed (especially if you like white noise while you sleep), or if you have a nice weather day, and want to keep the windows open while you sit down to read / watch / listen / play wif Legos, etc...

I've done that before and it does work sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.