What do you do with your wet and /or dirty diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayakbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It seems like those bags of wet diapers just keep piling up in the bathroom! I take them out to the trash about once a day. So, I was wondering, what do you do with yours? A diaper bucket, a diaper genie or a special trash can? I need some suggestions that will both conceal the used wet diapers and keep the smell down. Thanks!

CanucksFan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Large freezer bags, it masks the smell for a week.. Until the next garbage day.

ShortGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I bought scented plastic bags for diapers.
Works well if the diaper is not stuffed with too many baby diapers, then it wont fit :)
I throw those into regular plastic bags, then into the garbage bin.

If there is is sensitive noses about, never delay throwing out your trash!

Girl23

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I use the gallon size ziploc bags. They definitely conceal the smell, but I always toss a spoonful of baking soda in the bag with the wet/messy diaper

SuperSecretFoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
Bag'em than drag'em to the closest place I can dump them in a public garbage can, preferable at night. Sleeping parents mean fucking freedom. Although with 10 cm of snow out I'm not risking.

SuperSecretFoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
LOL! Too easy to be tracked in the snow! :D

That and the unpredictable deadtraps of life. Like that murderee some months ago, literaly took the same route as me when I dispose of my garbage.
Luckily he's in jail now :)

oreocookie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I put them in plastic bags then toss them in a trashcan that's specifically for them when at home, otherwise it's just bag 'em and toss 'em in the nearest trashcan.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wear both cloth and disposable diapers so of course I handle them in different ways. My wet cloth diapers are rinsed daily in when I shower and are allowed to dry and then washed on laundry day. The disposables are placed in a grocery sack and are tossed in the trash dumpster near my apartment building.

kayakbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow! Thanks for the suggestions. I already pulled out the gallon sized ziplock and took it up to the washroom. Excellent advice.

LilTwirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Other
Put them on my brother's bed.
Auction them on Ebay

When I'm at home, I put them in scented plastic bags and then into a diaper genie I bought. When I'm on the road and can't put them in the trash there, I put them into a scented bag, and then maybe into a gallon-sized ziploc bag, and then store them in a plastic grocery bag in my duffel bag. Basically, the more barriers to the smell, the better.

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Double bag, then throw away in outside trash.

^^This. I save up the bags from going to the grocery store, always being sure to dispose of the receipt ahead of time.

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I put them in a trash bag and throw them down the garbage chute

StargazerBleu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
I usually put them in a small bag but spray them with a scented spray like lysol, and put in a bucket with those odor trash bags.

babyeddie71

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I think if you use baby powder it cuts the smell of a wet diaper down . then when you change take the wet diaper and roll it tight inside its outer plastic cover and fasten the tapes so it is rolled up tight. then I dispose of it in my regular trash can, I have never had a problem with any one smelling them and any other trash will cover them and hide them. After all who is going to stand and look through the trash to find a diaper?????

mrtowtruck76

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I also wear both cloth and disposables. My cloth I rinse after wetting and then put them in a small pail (wet diaper pail) with a lid that snaps closed on both sides and launder every 2nd or 3rd day. My disposables I have the exact same can (in a different color) that I have a glad kitchen garbage bag in (the little white ones) and I put my wet ones in just the way they are , messy ones I will bag them in a grocery bag first and then the pail gets emptied every other day (it gets too full to not empty)

Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
Bag'em than drag'em to the closest place I can dump them in a public garbage can, preferable at night. Sleeping parents mean fucking freedom. Although with 10 cm of snow out I'm not risking.

Only ten?? We got nearly 50cm here now. Ten is like a cat walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.