What do you do to protect your bed matres at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angellothefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I am asking loads of questions tonight.
This one is a little personal. When you go to bed with a nappy on obviously :laugh: your not going to bed and then wetting a mattress.

My question is what do you do to procect your bed matres at night?
You will have a nappy on but supose you want to wet is in the confert of your own bed?
Or you have a accident?

How do you lesson the chance of your bed from getting damp soaked or leeked on?
How do you also take precaution so if you do mess yourself it will not go everywhere?:confused:

Chucks (protection pads) or plastic sheet.

I'd suggest:

A terry lined waterproof matress protector protects your matress pretty well.

You can also get disposable bedsheets - but they tend to scrunch up and so need to go under a fitted sheet.

I'd suggest plastic pants for the messing.

waterproof matress pad, and a water proof pillow cover for the one my legs lay on

A waterproof matteras cover and a washable bed pad.

We have a waterproof mattress pad. Serta brand. We just got a brand new bed and it works very well to protect it.

I prefer the pure vinyl mattress covers with the zipper so they stay put.

You can't even tell the cloth-cover ones are there, and that's no fun, is it? :)

goten said:
You can't even tell the cloth-cover ones are there, and that's no fun, is it? :)

I always thought the no fun part was when you are half conscious and changing a soaked diaper and having it spill out and soak the bed sheets ><

I don't usually wear on my bed because of the fear of messing up my mattress, but when I do, I use IC pads under me to catch any small leaks.

Am able to have those around because my grandma gives us tons of them. I use them extremely often to line things like my cat's litter box or the floor under a water leak. An alternative would be a puppy training pad.

Leaks happen with all nappies I suppose, we have a waterproof mattress protector on the bed at all times that is unobtrusive.

I used to just have a regular plastic fitted sheet years ago and it was crinkly etc but that isn't something you inflict on other people.

When I have stayed in a hotel for multiple weeks by myself (working remote) I will buy a fitted plastic sheet, fit it and then leave a note on the bed not to remove it.

If I am only away for a few nights I will sleep on a waterproof crib protector which isn't great but better than risking damaging hotel property from leaky nappies.

I don't have a matres protector but would love a plastic one

I have a plastic zip-on mattress cover on the mattress. I usually have a waterproof changing pad over the sheet also. Protects the mattress from leaks and is convenient for middle of the night changes if they are needed. (I usually wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night)

Last edited:
Definitely have a mattress cover and plastic pants cause if you have an accident while sleeping you can leak,

I put on a fitted mattress protector that is the PUL style, then two of the 30" x 54" pad style over the just in case, then sheet over that. If anything I only have to change the sheet if I end up leaking. My diaper usually contains all fluid and I'm used to changing them.

Originally I only had some small incidents from time to time, so my mom got me plastic sheets for my bed. Due to a recent paintball injuring shocking the nerves down in that region, I often find myself having to wear certainty diapers or pull-ups at night either nightly or every other night.

I have several waterproof bed pads and one is always beneath the sheet. When I know I'm going to sleep heavily (and likely wet a lot) I put another on top of the sheet and sleep lying on both. Saves a lot of laundry!

I have no protection on my bed. I got a new mattress a few months ago and the salesperson tried to get my mom to buy a waterproof cover. I said no, when in reality it would have been nice to have...

I recently stayed the night in my old bedroom at my parents' house while passing through the area. When I laid down to go to bed, I heard the unmistakable crinkle of a waterproof mattress cover, which puzzled me briefly. I then realized my sister must have been visiting with her toddler. It was doubly amusing, too, because I'd been contemplating sleeping in diapers while on the road, but had run out of room in my bag. Good thing my parents had my back. :)

Last edited:
KimbaStarshine said:
I have no protection on my bed. I got a new mattress a few months ago and the salesperson tried to get my mom to buy a waterproof cover. I said no, when in reality it would have been nice to have...

They're very useful for more than just leaking. A zipper-based one can prevent bed bugs (but not always). And any kind will increase the longevity of the mattress. Things like sweat, oils, skin cells, and so on can seep into the mattress and ruin it much earlier. And of course, you can spill drinks on your bed now without any risk. I once ate some pizza and didn't realize the bottom of the box was leaking grease.

The big downside to me is the tradeoff between vinyl and fabric top. Vinyl gets the nice crinkle, and you can clean it with a paper towel instead of having to wash it. But vinyl also doesn't let any heat through so even sweating will make the bed feel wet. The fabric kind works better but you'll have to take it off the mattress to fully clean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back