SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
So many names and euphemisms for incontinence supplies
I prefer to call them diapers but so many names out there. Disposable underwear, special underwear, incontinence supplies, briefs, protection etc etc etc

What do you call the things that keep you dry?

Reactions: Neroforte, Happy2BeInNappies2, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
The word I knew them as when I was a kid and still call them now NAPPIES , being from the Uk and I use word diaper on here in general posts
To call them any other names is just hiding the fact they’re only adult sized Nappies/Diapers and nothing else magical
They’re made to absorb pee and keep poop in nothing more nothing less

Reactions: Angelapinks, Chrissie, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 6 others
I wear Attends Bariatric Underwear, which are pull-ups, 24/7. But I call them diapers. I am not a DL.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
Daytime I wear Pullups.
Nighttime I wear diapers.

Reactions: lebo3162, diaperdude, chamberpot and 6 others
parcelboy2 said:
The word I knew them as when I was a kid and still call them now NAPPIES , being from the Uk and I use word diaper on here in general posts
To call them any other names is just hiding the fact they’re only adult sized Nappies/Diapers and nothing else magical
They’re made to absorb pee and keep poop in nothing more nothing less
Yes nappies is very UK (and I think Australian / NZ?)
Nappies isn't a phrase used around here, but I always just infer they mean diaper

Reactions: Angelapinks, Chrissie, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 4 others
SparkyDog said:
Yes nappies is very UK (and I think Australian / NZ?)
Nappies isn't a phrase used around here, but I always just infer they mean diaper
You’re right about Aus and NZ , throw back from colonial days
Surprised Candida didn’t use the word , but I expect most Diapers in the early days came across the border and the name stuck

Reactions: Angelapinks, Happy2BeInNappies2, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
Diapers! Everyone knows what a diaper is and how it’s used. Adult Brief, disposable underwear…. Just not as clear.

Reactions: Kellycares, richieboy, BobbiSueEllen and 5 others
Diapers. At 77, I feel no need to call them anything else nor do I feel any shame or embarrassment because I need and choose to wear them. I've been through too much of that in my life.

• Love
Reactions: greatdane, Kellycares, surprise35 and 6 others
Being urinary ic I'm not embarrassed calling them adult diapers just because I need to use them to stay dry it's better than having wet clothes or a wet bed just me saying I woke up once in a wet bed it was nasty and cold no body likes that.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, BobbiSueEllen, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
It's amazing everyone basically calls them diapers (nappies) but in the medical world & stores to buy diapers they are all called anything but diapers.
Every year when I renew my insurance they ask how many products do I use per day 🤦‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, BobbiSueEllen, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
SparkyDog said:
It's amazing everyone basically calls them diapers (nappies) but in the medical world & stores to buy diapers they are all called anything but diapers.
Every year when I renew my insurance they ask how many products do I use per day 🤦‍♂️
Like you’re having a facial or doing your hair 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 3 others
SparkyDog said:
So many names and euphemisms for incontinence supplies
I prefer to call them diapers but so many names out there. Disposable underwear, special underwear, incontinence supplies, briefs, protection etc etc etc

What do you call the things that keep you dry?
At home we try not to call them nappies, as its a bit babyish, I suggested to my wife we call the Slips

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
warmfeeling said:
At home we try not to call them nappies, as its a bit babyish, I suggested to my wife we call the Slips
As in Tena Slips?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
They are diapies or toddler pull-ups.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2 and Edgewater
For me I wear diapers. I think it has a lot to do with being secure with your identity. For me it is ok that I wear "diapers".

Reactions: Kellycares, BobbiSueEllen, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
I call it diapers (in my own language of course), but when in touch with health care, it's "incontinence products" or "protection".

Reactions: Kellycares, BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2 and 2 others
just call them diapers

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2, SparkyDog and 1 other person
Long, long ago, when I came home from hospital and those first few days at home, my dear wife after deal with yet another leak, stated the hose and bag 'stuff' (yes she was much clearer in her opinion regarding them) cleaned the system and put them away. She collected several of our sons diapers and diapered me! I have been diapers ever since and I see no change. In our home, they are diapers and even when we are out and about, they are diapers. I someone asked they are diapers.

It is interested that some parts of the US medical industry referred to them by difference names. But, in my medical records the word diaper is clearly used. I believe the most recent term is something like "all in ones". Whatever that means!

Reactions: PaddedRita, BobbiSueEllen, PadPhilosopher and 6 others
Easy: either "diapers" or "Pampers", generically. 🤗🥰

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Kellycares, Diprs2 and 3 others
Nappys xxx

Reactions: Angelapinks, PaigeCherubiel, Seabear and 5 others
Back