What do you call them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaperlover99

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What does everyone call the underwear that we all love? I am from the UK so would ordinarilly call them nappies however I actually call baby nappies nappies and adult ones/ABDL diapers. I am starting to like the word nappies for them now though

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover, Abdl247 and Curiousmess
For me and being in the US diapers is the only word that’s ever been associated. So that’s what I call them.

Reactions: Diaperfreak, 68Bonnie, Curiousmess and 1 other person
I'm from the UK as well. I refer to them as diapers and nappies.
The members of this forum are smart enough to know they're both the same thing.

Reactions: BigKid25 and Diaperlover99
For me the 2 names are interchangeable, but Diaper feels a lot more natural of a word to use

I think it just varies on what country someone is from, parts of the world use Nappy, and parts use Diaper.

It's just whatever feels like more natural of a word to use

Reactions: BigKid25, Curiousmess and Diaperlover99
Diaperlover99 said:
What does everyone call the underwear that we all love? I am from the UK so would ordinarilly call them nappies however I actually call baby nappies nappies and adult ones/ABDL diapers. I am starting to like the word nappies for them now though
I'm from Germany, hence, I call them "Windeln", which is the german word normally used for the baby stuff, just in case someone happens to care.

Reactions: RedStripeLvr, indiaperdl, Deleted member 45172 and 1 other person
One of my nannies never says 'diaper,' but says 'diapey' instead.

Another calls diapers 'pants,' as in, "Do you need your pants changed?"

Reactions: Deleted member 9978, Aphex, Curiousmess and 2 others
my wife calls them "falsedades" wich is spanish for "fake stuff"... She says that diapers give me a "fake big butt", hehehe, is kind of our internal code for diapers.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 45172
Being from North America, diaper is the term I have always used, that and sometimes the more childish variant of diapees :)

Although nappy has been becoming a part of my commonly used vocabulary now. My Mommy is from Europe, but she spent a lot of time in the UK, so she always calls them nappies. I still call them diapers in her presence, but it never takes with her, nappy is what she is use to and she says to her nappy sounds much more babyish and infantile whereas the word diaper reminds her more of incontinence briefs. So whenever I regress with her it's "Let's get your nappy on" or "does someone need their nappy changed" ☺ I've gotten more and more use to the word nappy since I've been with her and I can't deny, it sounds very cute when she uses the term, especially in relation to me :)

So yeah, Diaper, Diapee and Nappy, those are the terms that I find myself using 😄

Last edited:
Because I was brought up in the UK, the word nappies has way more of a babyish, cute sounding name so I prefer that. I will sometimes use the word diaper depending on the audience.

Reactions: KCA
I just call them what they are. Diapers.

Reactions: chuck
Not to put too fine a point on it, ‘diapers’ were originally infant breechcloths that were first used in the French countryside, circa 1500. I think the original French usage was ‘d’Ypres,’ which eventually became ‘diapers’.

The British use ‘nappy’ as a diminutive of ‘napkin.’
My best friend is British and I love hearing her talk about all the nappies she’s changed!

The original pronunciation of ‘diaper’ included a short ‘a’, and it’s still correct although it’s gone out of favor. If I talk about diapers, I almost always find myself saying ‘die-uh-pur,’ as if I had a dictionary handy.

Reactions: pdiapered and RedStripeLvr
sbmccue said:
Not to put too fine a point on it, ‘diapers’ were originally infant breechcloths that were first used in the French countryside, circa 1500. I think the original French usage was ‘d’Ypres,’ which eventually became ‘diapers’.

The British use ‘nappy’ as a diminutive of ‘napkin.’
My best friend is British and I love hearing her talk about all the nappies she’s changed!

The original pronunciation of ‘diaper’ included a short ‘a’, and it’s still correct although it’s gone out of favor. If I talk about diapers, I almost always find myself saying ‘die-uh-pur,’ as if I had a dictionary handy.

Mentioning the Pronunciation of DiAper reminds me of that scene in one of these Animated Red Riding Hood movies where the wolf pretend to be Reds Grandma and said "Dont you Recognize me, I used to change your Di-A-Pers"

I cant recall anyone actually pronouncing it like that in real life, everyone just says it like Daipers, rather than DiApers, almost like the A isnt even there

Reactions: sbmccue
“Nappies” and “nappy” are the words that give me the tingles.

Reactions: KCA and CookieMonstah
Diapers.

And I reject the idea that diapers (or nappies) are just a kind of underwear. C'mon. One might as well call a toilet a chair. It's not like normies are going to be more accepting of a diaper fetish because of euphemisms and abstractions like that. Diapers: Not Underwear.

Reactions: Halibut, Ebabyboy12 and sbmccue
Growing up and living in the US, I just naturally call them diapers. I never even heard of the word nappy until I started reading this site.

With that said, I can switch back-and-forth easily enough that I can read posts on ADISC using either word.

I wore nappies as a baby and that's the word I use today.

Although I was familiar with the word diaper from a young age because my family had a set of the Childcraft encyclopaedias for kids that originated in the United States. One of the volumes was called 'Guide for Parents'. I loved reading the sections on babies and toddlers and its discussion about diapers...after I found out what the word meant by asking my mum: "A diaper is what the Americans call a nappy."

I like to call my diapers; Diapees, Diadees, Pamps, おむつ (Omutsu which means Diapers in Japanese Hiragana)

Reactions: Furrytum
I call them - Diapers! But I don't get offended if others call them nappies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back