What do like most about your favorite video game console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Many people love their new-generation Xbox 360s, Wiis, PS3s, etc. for their graphics and quality of gaming. I still only have a PS2, and am considering purchasing a new game console. What do you like most about your console, and would you recommend it to me or anyone else considering buying one?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I only have a Wii, DS and PSP as far as new consoles go. I would recommend the Wii but theres a lack of "Hardcore" titles on it and that doesn't seam to be changing anytime soon. Thankfully Nintendo said they are working on the next Zelda but they got different teams for their "AAA" games. Its like thanks but we already figured that out and theres still nothing for us this year.

Also Super Smash Brothers Brawl's online sucks due to how it try's to connect. Mario Kart Wii is perfect at online play however.

That all said I been gaming on my PC a lot more then any of my consoles. The last time I played a Nintendo game was brain age 2 and that was for Sudoku. <_>

Anyways the best console out right now I think is the 360. It does indeed offer something for everybody I think and its a lot easier to find then a Wii.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have a PS3 and a Wii, along with a DS and PSP. The PS3 has many awesome 'Hardcore' games with great stories and beautiful graphics. It can also play Blu-ray DVD's which of course is awesome.

The Wii is a great party console there are many multiplayer games that are a lot of fun to play in groups. Also I just recently got WiiFit and I've been doing yoga with it and improving my balance. It surprised me how well it actually works and I didn't really believe it would until my lower back actually stopped hurting me so badly.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The PS3 has many awesome 'Hardcore' games with great stories and beautiful graphics. It can also play Blu-ray DVD's which of course is awesome.

That all depends on who you ask really and graphics are not everything. Crysis is the best looking game's ever but guess what. The plotline sucks ass and the gameplay mimics Farcry exactly. It's only useful if your one of those gamers who wacks off to photo realstic graphics.

Little Big Planet and I guess MGS4 are the only games I would really want for the PS3. All the others I want for it I already have on my PC which has better quality. Ex. Fallout 3, Farcry 2.

M

Mako

Well I have the wii, and a 360.
Now it depends on what your looking for, the wii is a bit hurting for games but since your only getting one now it may tide you over until nintendo comes out with some more, but the third party support is still weak, and the online is shit. Free is not an excuse, friendcodes are stupid.

But if you go with the Wii
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Okami (though it's better on the ps2)
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

What your looking forward too
Madworld (because platinum games, a.k.a seeds, a.k.a clover is awesome)
Overlord: Dark Legend
Pikmin 3
The House of the Dead: Overkill
The Conduit
Unannounced nintendo first party games that will no doubt be awesome, but are a long way off

On the other hand the 360 still offers the best online service on consoles despite the cost, and has a gigantic library of triple A titles to big to name all of them

Halo 3
Bioshock
Rez
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Half-Life 2: Orange Box
Grand Theft Auto 4
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect
Rock Band series
Guitar Hero series (without DLC and space to put it, these games aren't worth it on the Wii)
Viva Pinata
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mirror's Edge
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Lost Odyssey
Dead Rising

The list goes on and on, as for good stuff coming out, to much to mention.

If your not hardcore, then go Wii, if you are, go 360.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have a bunch of game systems (I collect them)...But for the current generation ones, my favorite is 360...It has a lot of games I'm interested in, and it's affordable...Also, I own one, therefore it rules

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah, I went with the X-box 360. The graphics are good and the games are cool. I like RP games so the 360 works well for that as there are a number to chose from. I put it through a 50" wide screen and Infinity sound system with a Polk Audio subwoofer. It works for me.

amon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
i have only wii, but if you like old retro nintendo games then wii is for you.
I'm gonna buy a xbox360 though

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I don't have one. I only have a PS2 and I only ever use it as a DVD player, except on the rare occasions I play MGS2. I don't know why but I never really got much enjoyment from it.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like my PC that I can upgrade and install tons of fun games on, especially with the freeness of TPB.

I disagree about Crysis, It's story doesn't suck ass but it just gets pwn't by Half Life 2.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like how cheap the 360 is.
An Arcade system is only $200.
Using Microsoft's NXE promotional offer, you can get a 20GB hard drive for $30, totaling $230.
HDMI cables cost $3-$5 at the most if you get them from Monoprice, and after all that the only things you are missing that a Premium has are a headset and two (IMO bad) games.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like how cheap the 360 is.
An Arcade system is only $200.
Using Microsoft's NXE promotional offer, you can get a 20GB hard drive for $30, totaling $230.
HDMI cables cost $3-$5 at the most if you get them from Monoprice, and after all that the only things you are missing that a Premium has are a headset and two (IMO bad) games.

I heard Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones were pretty decent. They aren't great games I guess but I highly doubt they are bad. Of course you should be forced to buy any video game you don't want when your buying a system.

Thomas_A

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would stick with your PS2. I still have one and all I use it for is guitar hero, spyro, and crash bandacute of course. I guess it depends on if you are a hardcore gamer, a wii would be pretty cool but I would just wait until they come out with something even more intense like a hologram console that puts you into virtual reality. I don't doubt that it is too far off.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
The only console I have at my house is my PS2. I like it for the variety of titles it has available. Planning on picking up a 360 soon, and a PS3 once Gran Turismo 5 drops.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I like my DS for a bunch of different reasons. I originally bought it for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, but then I found Animal Crossing. And then I realized, any future sequels of my favorite GBA games would be for the DS.

Another reason is the connectivity. It was one of the first (if not the first) to use Wi-Fi gaming, which is a big hit with me. Pokemon DPP, wireless battles around the freaking world? Amazing.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
PSP:
-- Good:With custom firmware -- it's a God send. It'll do so much you'd think it was a gaming-compatible PDA.
-- Bad: Give it a graphics boost, ffs!

PS3:
-- Good: Hardware is superior. Thing's a beast... Great grahpics etc. Controller layout that I know and love since I was a kid buying Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on my PSX.
-- Bad: No one has it! (See below) Online play is a joke (But free...)

360:
-- Good: Library of games is extraordinary, Online w/ Xbox Live is outstanding (albeit not free), great mechanics *when they work*.
-- Bad: They just FAIL. Hardware failure rate is unbelievable. If you own a 360 you're guaranteed to have a problem with it at least once. And like most (myself included), you're gonna end up shipping it out for repairs one day... -- Microsoft, as usual, always scrapes every penny out of everything it (attempts?) to manufacture... so Xbox Live is an expensive PITA for kids who want to play. Not really good for anything but Games even with NXE -- PS3 succeeds there with Blu-Ray support and media in general.

Wii:
-- Good: Pssh. New creative way to game? That's it.
-- Bad: Don't get me started.... eh.. Wii Friend Code? LOL stupid nintendo... Games library? Pssht, the extreme majority of games are arcade-oriented stuff like Mario and silly stuff like that... nothing for the so-called 'gamer'. I mean really, a dumbed-down version of CoD5 on the WiiMote? Get real.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
DS

Because it's portable, has relatively nice graphics and awesome games, can play homebrew (music, videos, pictures, apps), all from that tiny little box that fits in my pocket.

SNES

Because it has the best console games ever created.

PC

Valve.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PS2

Good: Lots of games, hit titles are cheap.
Bad: Old, mine is collecting dust,

Nintendo DS

Good: Great fun games, touchscreen, dual screens, great titles, games are low price, portability, Almost no load times, GBA slot, Homebrews, Pictochat, folds up.
Bad: Bumper buttons break easily (has not happened to mine yet), no DLC, Lowest graphics of any current game system, Hinge is getting a little loose on mine.
For more comparison on DS vs PSP see DS or PSP

Xbox 360:
Good: Great selection of games, comfy controller, real triggers that don't make your fingers slip off (unlike ps3), great games for the gamer, avatars with the NXE (New Xbox Experience), Media (which I don't use), Photo Party.
Bad: RROD.

Status
Not open for further replies.