What did you have for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazykittensmile

In the irc I have noticed that people quite often leave the chat for a while to go and make or eat dinner, and I find it really interesting to hear what everyone's having for dinner. It's interesting to hear what people from so many different countries and of so many ages/situations etc cook for themselves (or have cooked for themselves).

So, what did you last have for dinner?

Usually on a Saturday I have take-away, but as my housemate isn't here instead I had to cook for myself. I couldn't decide what to have, but then realised I had lots of things sitting in my fridge that needed to be eaten. So I had stir-fried vegetables (green beans, carrots, red pepper, pak choi) with halloumi and pineapple in a kind of peanut/soy-sauce/coconut/plum sauce (basically just a random mixture of things I had in my fridge/cupboards). Anyway, despite being a meal I cooked to use up the things that needed eating up it was actually really tasty.

For pudding I am just going to have a yoghurt. No exciting cakes or tarts or pies or even ice-cream for me :(

How about you? What did you have?

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had Kentucky Fried Chicken. I was having dinner with my parents, so I picked some up on the way for them, too! I love visiting them during take-out night!

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had some chicken and LOADS of potato's baked in a herb and garlic sauce. It's just so creamy, and so nice cooking them in the sauce. Sounds kind of plain but the taste is just amazing.

BabbyBruce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
I was going to order a pizza but I just eared up some pasta in the microwave instead.

Guineapigged

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My Dad made a veg stew with dumplings. Potato, carrot, parsnip, sweet potato etc. We don't normally have afters but somebody gave my Mum a massive bag of apples so she made this apple pudding thing. I didn't have any of that though, I had some of my secret Thornton's icecream stash.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
probably going to frequent this thread a lot xD. Last night I took some corn, a can of tomato soup, and a little pasta and made a sort of spicy soup out of it, with some cheese on top. Came out a lot hotter then I thought it would, but tasted good.

onesieboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I put chicken wings in an oven dish with a tin of chicken soup and sliced potato, and baked for a bout 3 hours so the chicken falls of the bone and had some rice with it. Spiced with a little chilli and garlic.

diaperbobby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Leftover spaghetti casserole (baked) that I made last night, tossed salad and warm bread (no garlic). It was good both nights!

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
For lunch, I had ravioli and a Swedish meatball TV dinner.

For supper, I had hamburgers and corn.

Khaymen

Full Patch
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Pepper steak stir fry with cube steak and cornbread on the side.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I made a full Korean dinner - bulgogi, rice, kimchee, two different mung bean sprout salads, a seaweed salad, seasoned lotus root and a seasoned marinated cabbage. It was delicious, and a really easy recipe for bulgogi if anyone is interested.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Take out, chef's salid (I added carrots, radish, celery, greek olives) with a greek house dressing, some plain taco chips and three glasses of wine.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Normally I cook something on the grill for Saturday night, but my wife and I were getting the house ready for Thanksgiving, so we thought we'd go simple. She wanted one of those Dijourno pizzas, so we had a 4 cheese pizza. I thought it was terrible. I'm used to real New York/New Jersey pizza. Anything short of that is crap as far as I'm concerned.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Snowed for the first time this winter this morning, so I made homemade hamburger stew and fresh cheddar cheese-basil biscuits for dinner. Wish you all could have been here to have some - Yum!

LGstephy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
tonight I had Red Lobster ^.^ more specifically, I had New Orleans Rainbow trout with fish, french fries, garden salad (with ranch) and biscuits.
it was delicious ^.^

Role
  1. Carer
Homemade Chicken and Dumplings. My mother complained that I made extra dishes by even making the bread from scratch, but she wasn't whining when she found out just how delicious hot food is at the end of a cold day.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Normally I cook something on the grill for Saturday night, but my wife and I were getting the house ready for Thanksgiving, so we thought we'd go simple. She wanted one of those Dijourno pizzas, so we had a 4 cheese pizza. I thought it was terrible. I'm used to real New York/New Jersey pizza. Anything short of that is crap as far as I'm concerned.

I feel your pain. Tell me if I can FedEx you a pizza sometime.

Honestly, if you want a good pizza, I've taken to making them myself. Roll out storebought dough into a square/circle/whatever, and toss that on the grill. Spray w/ olive oil. Cook on both sides until it's not quite the consistency of a bagel. Pull it off, top w/ tomato sauce/cheese/toppings. Throw that in a preheated 500 degree oven for about 5 minutes (or until the cheese is melty). Delicious!

As for my own cooking, lately, I've been really into making my own tomato sauces. I love pomodoro, but it's so simplistic that you can't buy it in stores. Heat a tb extra virgin olive oil, saute some pressed garlic, toss in a can of whole cooked tomatoes- preferably organic. Go to town with a potato masher on them, simmer for a while- maybe 10 minutes. Eat. It's amazing. From there, I've gotten more creative with later iterations. Pour in half a cup of white wine. Various seasonings. Clams and half and half for a red clam sauce. Can of tomato paste to make it into a more traditional tomato sauce. The possibilities are really endless, and I've got to say I'm really loving this better than jarred sauces.

Status
Not open for further replies.