What causes you to be incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Birth defects, wearing diapers too much. :p

Mental Impairment. Wheres Lukie. Have him Wall of Text you.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Those who would like to know about why I am incontinent can feel free to IM me on aim, yahoo, or msn (see my profile). I'm not about to go posting all of the details here!

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I do believe what makes you incontinent is the inability to control one's own bladder or bowels.

I dunno, I might be crazy!

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I do believe what makes you incontinent is the inability to control one's own bladder or bowels.

I dunno, I might be crazy!
Been eating encyclopedias for breakfast lately? :tongueout:

Peachy

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think he's asking those members who are incontinent to share their personal stories... not in general.

Role
Incontinent
For me it was a combination of spinal problems and surgeries. I'm now completely incontinent, since the surgery I had in March of '03. It wasn't the first one, or the last one, just the one that caused or uncovered the problem, and subsequent ones did nothing to correct it.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would have to say that my issues with incontinence mainly stems from excessive use of bladder irritants (caffeine, etc.), excessive bladder holding times, and sound sleep. Thankfully, most issues are only minor irritations and dribbles. Only the sleeping part causes anything more than minor annoyance. For the most part, I am continent and do not require diapers 24/7. Unfortunately, I do sleep much better when diapered. A wet bed at age 27 is just as horrible as age 12.

catman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
For it is was spinal damage when I was 10 years old caused bedwetting. Then 2 years ago they found a blood clot in my spine did additional damage which caused me 24/7 wetting problems. Had an additional surgury which has helped with the day time wetting but has not helped at night.

bedwett

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
My incontinence was caused by a severe bladder infection I had last year. This infection left me with an overactive (irritable) bladder with urge incontinence issues.

Although i've some periods whom are relatively dry, most of the time I wet myself 24/7. So it's back to diapers...

Mauiman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I have no idea what is causing mine ether. I have to keep on going and going and going to the restroom and it is really odding me out.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
for me, a combination of factors, birth defects, failed surgeries (or at least the attempted fixes have failed, some held up, thankfully long enough to get me through HS without an issue), being without insurance for many years, then having insurance not cover my issue due to the pre-existing nature of it. and, well, i think i ought to leave it at that

Mitsukuni619

Moderated
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur,
Well...i believe that it's because the messages from your brain that tell you not to go are not strong enough or fast enough to get to your bladder or bowels in time and that is what i believe makes you "one of us"

S

sociologygeek

I dont know why im incontinent, all i know is that its progressed rapidly from occasional dribbles to daily heavy accidents requiring diaper wear virtually 24/7. I do have dry times, but ive never gone a day without wetting one diaper without control.. i could wear underwear some of the time.. but i don't see the point in doing so, since id have to take it off eventually.. I am grateful i am still able to pee in the toilet some times. We suspect something neurological is afoot. MRI found a pineal gland cyst and nerve degeneration in my neck. I get tremors and shit, and vertigo..

And for the record, any would-be incontinent ab/dls reading this, incontienence SUCKS! wearing 24/7 is no picnic. I say this as a person who used to be into diapers as a fetish..now, having to wear them more or less 24/7 for the past 3 months, id much rather not have to. I am of the opinion that ab/dls who have control full and just throw it away to serve some fantasy are deluded.

Role
Incontinent
And for the record, any would-be incontinent ab/dls reading this, incontienence SUCKS! wearing 24/7 is no picnic. I say this as a person who used to be into diapers as a fetish..now, having to wear them more or less 24/7 for the past 3 months, id much rather not have to. I am of the opinion that ab/dls who have control full and just throw it away to serve some fantasy are deluded.

DITTO!!! I have to agree with you on this 100 percent.

Before I became incontinent, I was a DL, and I enjoyed using my diapers occasionally. However, since I've lost my control, and have to wear 24/7/365, I gotta admit, it's not nearly as much fun as the fantasy is. I've been stuck in these diapers now for almost 6 years now. In March, it will be 6 years. If I had the choice, I would have control and only use a diaper when I wanted to. But never knowing when you're going to crap or piss yourself when you're out in public, and then trying to find a restroom where you can change in relative peace is very difficult to say the least. You have to worry about someone noticing your smell, or bulge, and then, unless you just happen to be carrying your diaper bag with you, and that's highly unlikely, then you have to go out to your car and get it, and walk back inside and locate the restroom, and pray that nobody walks in on you while you're trying to change a messy diaper. And if you get lucky enough to find a private restroom, like the ones provided for a family with small children, {that's like finding money}, then you can at least take your time and change in peace, and make sure you're looking decent before you rush back out into the store.

I have to admit, if it wasn't for my being a dl in the first place, this would probably sent me to the nut house with a serious case of depression. I find it kind of ironic that after all the years of wishing I had to wear diapers, that when I finally wound up having to, I hate it.

Incontinence isn't at all what I expected, and I believe that anyone that has truly experienced it will say the same. So don't go out of your way to become incontinent, it's really not what you want or expect. Take it from some of us that are there now. Enjoy the fantasy, you can turn it on and off whenever you want to, with no harm to yourself. Once you are incontinent, there is no turning it off, or back on, if you get my meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.