What caused your IC? Were you born with it?

I've not had a definitive diagnosis; the closest anyone's been able to get so far is that severe constipation as a child damaged the nerves in my bowel and rectum, causing irregular bouts of diarrhoea and no sensitivity for when I need to crap.

I was a bed wetter on and off all the way into my teens. It started again in my late 20s. The severity ebs and flows, but it's hasn't gone away since. Sometimes when I'm under a lot of stress I end up having daytime accidents as well, nothing a pull-up can't handle. Overall though, my bladder is weaker than most, as a result, I already wear when I travel or even if I'll be in the car more than an hour. Most of the time, I make it dry, but when I don't, in SO glad to have been protected!!

Drs ran a series of tests, but they all came back inconclusive, and I'm not interested in pills.

Back in JR high I was on the track and field team. I was the guy who could do any of the categories and win. They needed someone for the long jump. I broke the schools record but landed wrong and crush a bunch of disks. My legs dropped out from under me and I couldn’t move them. I also wet myself (didn’t even know until I was getting put in he ambulance). Been slowly building up ever since then.

Bowel and bladder urgency and frequency issues since birth. I've been diagnosed with bladder and bowel nerve disfunction (ideopathic OAB and IBS), spinal stenosis, infertility and anxiety disease. My control peaked when I was teenager, but has gone downhill since then. I believe numerous kidney stones and surgeries from sports related injuries have also contributed to loss of control.

Military service related injury. Left me with some nerve damage and stress/urge incontinence.

We have no idea. I'm not aware of anyone else dealing with the kind of incontinence I'm dealing with. We believe it might be a one-off central nervous system defect, in which case I was probably born with it, yes. It might also be an unhealed nerve injury of some sort but we haven't been able to place with it.

For the record, what I'm dealing with is cyclic episodes where over a long period of time I lose the ability to feel my bladder, and develop gradually quicker #2 urgency, less control, and sensitivity to certain foods. The latest episode has been slowly progressing since early 2013, and I've been totally incontinent for several years.

I injured my back at a workplace accident a short time ago. I went to the doctor but never mentioned that ever since the injury I have had no control at all over my bladder and barely any over my bowels. I was always curious about diapers and I had been in a relarionship with a dl for a while, so I was aware of this community. I’m hoping to see a doctor soon about this but I’ve been wearing adult diapers since the injury

My urinary urge incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. Extreme, excessive bleeding and a serious infection after the surgery damaged the nerves that sence the need to urinate and control the timing. I’ve been wet at night ever since, and my daytime issues have been severe enough to require me to wear a daytime diaper for the past 30 years or so.

Back