What caused you to be AB/DL? (it matters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
So here we go.

Lets see--

-only child(not to terrible :smile:)

-cloth and dispoable diapers(for special occasions) till about almost 3. I remember what kind of diapers I wore too and do have some faint memories of being changed.

-potty trained in about 24 hours(yeah my mom still boasts so its got to be true). I remember potty training very vividly and even crying when I wore my last diaper.

-apparently very few wet beds or accidents(actually I remember changing sheets as a kid due to throwing up mostly)

-weaned from bottle by like 1 years old. This was due to an old school pediatrician who apparently thought that no child older than 1yr should have a bottle. My only pacifier was lost before my first birthday. Apparently my parents got lazy and just didn't feel like buying another one.

- first time realizing that I liked diapers was around 4 or 5. I still had an old bag of huggies in my room that was used for cabbage patch dolls(hey it was the fad of the 80's!). Anyways I remember actually having an involuntary erection when I was around one. This followed I think by a dream in which I was STILL in diapers.

-I never liked to be around other babies when I was a child...even at church when our sunday school class would sometimes have to go to the nursery to watch a movie or something. I was around 5 or 6 then. I however, always paid attention to what diapers were being used. I remember when luvs came out with the oxford stripes diapers, when huggies still came in the color coded sizes and when pampers came in the gold looking package.

Hell when it comes to kids, I think only on a few occasions have I actually bonded with them. Even my small cousins, I kinda don't relate real well too. This although produces the opposite effect on the kids, which seem to be very clingy to me. I think I went so far as to talk to a 9 month old cousin about mathematics. My cousin who was in a baby carrier thought it was hilarious though as she kept on laughing.:dunno: everyone else was like "what the heck is he doing?"

So there you go....

I had no abusive parents
I had no traumatic expericences
I have a 155 IQ:graduate: 2 degrees
and I like diapers.

Oh well... I guess we can't all be normal!

skilganon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
why

I never knew there were other people out there who had the same problem that I had. I have to say it came along when I was about 3 years old. I am 45 now . When I was five years old I used to sneak into the baby changing room and take diapers and plastic pants down put them on and savor the feel and the smell of the diapers. this went on until I was 36 years old and wanted to have a relation ship with a woman. I went to counciling and found out that two of my aunts had periodicly molested me on the changing table using the sweet smell of the baby powder and the feel and the smell of the baby lotion. when I was younger I could walk down the diaper isle and feel sexual pleasure coming on. It took 5 years of counciling. But the feeling never goes away . The only thing that does go away is the voices in your head telling you that everything is going to be all right as soon as you buy the diapers , and make one that is going to fit. I just found out today that I dont have to keep making them any more that you can go to a web site called adult baby diaper lovers universe. ON this site they already make plastic diapers that fit and smell just like a real baby diaper. It is nice to know that I am not the only one in this world with this problem.:eek:

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I've been searching for the reason for more than 20yrs. Our curiosity about how things work and why has brought us many answers about the world, but people are the most complex, sophisticated machines on the planet. The combination of genetics and environmental factors means no one will have the same experiences as anyone else. I wore diapers to bed until I was 6, and I don't know why my parents decided to take me out of them. I suspect it was that my sister was born when I was 7. I don't think I was ready to be out of diapers at night because my parents woke me up every night to go to the bathroom until I was about 14. My mother was not a very "maternal" person, and since she spent alot of time with my little sister, that probably had some influence. Also about this time my brothers and I were at my grandmothers house one time, our clothes needed washing for a reason I don't remember, but my grandmother only had two pairs of shorts so she put a cloth diaper on my youngest brother, and I remember wishing that it was me. There don't have to be big reasons for how people turn out. We are all just a combination of a whole bunch of little events. Just keep in mind everyone else is just as unique as you are.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Accident Prone

My parents tried potty training me before my brother was born when I was about 2 1/2. It didn't take too well. I continued to have accidents and my mom was forced to use a special training pant on me for a long time. I have always had bedwetting, bladder and bowel accidents. The doctors told my parents it would go away when I got older, but it didn't and years later I found out I have a disorder with my nerves.

Anyway, my mom told me diapers were for babies and I would just have to deal with my accidents (I guess she though she could shame me into not having them). I decided to go back to wearing diapers at night on my own when I was about six (I had a stash stolen from my cousins and friends houses). The big decision was made mostly from watching my neighbor who was six and who's mom kept him in diapers all the time because he needed them. When I began getting paid for chores and earning an allowance, I just bought my diapers at the store. My mom fluctuated from confiscating my diapers to telling me she was going to keep me in them all the time because she couldn't deal with my soiled clothes and missing underwear (that's when I discovered what bleach does to cotton underwear). I had so many accidents I wanted to stay in diapers, but I didn't want people to ridicule me either. However, as I am sure some of you know, it is much worse to pee and poop your pants when you are not wearing diapers!

It wasn't until I was a teenager that I realized how much I really liked them. My urge incon starting getting worse when I was about 22. I used to think I was a freak because I wore diapers. Now I see it in much more practical terms. They help me manage and cope. At this point in my life, I don't care who knows.
Spaz

Rosy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I had some fairly traumatic experiences when I was a toddler and a very young teen, and sometimes I think that's part of the reason why I crave the comfort of thumb sucking and blankets etc.

Also, there's some things about childhood I just relate to far more than I do to adulthood. I think that's just part of my personality, not something caused by anything specific.

dentedwheel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Beginnings

I wish I knew the origins of my interest in this sometimes equally frustrating and exciting fetish. I am in my late 30s and have vivid memories of wanting to wear diapers since I was at least 3 years old. My childhood was normal. No abuse of any kind and loving parents that are still married to this day. My father is a somewhat cold person, but he still opens up from time to time. My mother was very caring and took good care of my brother and I. The only other item to note is the differences in the way my brother and I were raised. At some point after I was born and before my brother, my parents decided who would be responsible for raising us. My father was the primary decision maker for my rearing and my mother was responsible for my brother. How this worked I still have no idea. I do know that my brother and I were held to different standards. Mine was the stricter upbringing with very little tolerance for misbehaving. My brother, well lets just say he got away with everything.

The significant memories I have of my diapering and DL experiences go back as far as stealing my brother's diapers and stupidly trying them on in our shared bedroom with my parents still home. Of course, my mother caught me and attempted to humiliate me by announcing to the family that I wanted to wear diapers again. I remember being horrified. Honestly I had no idea why I wanted to wear them, I just did. At around 4 years old though, I had no idea how to explain that to my mother.

As a side note, my mother caught me wearing her underwear when I was about 10. She was mad, but asked why I did it. I had no idea again. Urges are urges. She said she wouldn't tell my father, I am not sure if she kept her word.

One other incident was when I was about 5 or 6 a close cousin of mine came over to my house and we found some diapers in the house. We went into the bedroom and tried to put them on. I remember them being too small for me but they fit her. I am still very close with her but in 30 years I have never asked her about that day. It makes me curious if she still has an interest.

My diaper activity waned through elementary school. Mostly due to social mores. I was always curious, but rarely acted upon those urges. A couple of incidents, however remain clear in my mind. I was about 10 or eleven and a friend of mine and I were at his neighbors house. I had to use the bathroom. When I entered I could smell the diapers. I opened the cabinet under the sink and alleluia it was filled with them. One had been opened but unused. I, of course tried it on. It was too small, and I remember being frustrated. This was a recurring theme since I grew very fast and was 6' tall by the time I was 12. I stopped growing at 13. (Except for my waist of course)

I am out of time for this post. I will return later to finish. Sorry for the length. I have a lot to get off my chest.

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, I think the reason for me is that I was potty trained pretty quickly (before I was two, just after I was able to walk) Plus, I was pretty much ignored by my parents (as my brother was a very sick baby)

I also used to get involuntary erections while around diapers, and still do to this day.

Role
Carer
I hope this still applies to me even though I'm a caregiver :confused: But what the heck, I'll give it a go.

I found out I was infertile at about 13-14 when I started having "issues". I was very mature at the time, so I was really upset about it. I used to lock myself up in my room, hug a pillow, and cry for an hour. Well, once upon a time my best friend Tay told me about how she saw a woman pushing a guy (who was in nothing but a diaper) around in a stroller. I was weirded out for a few seconds before I looked it up on google. And then here I am :3

As for what caused me to be a DL.......well, let's blame sanitary napkins for that :laugh:

Role
Diaper Lover
I'm a DL and this is the true story of how it all started for me.

When I was 4 I moved into a new house and one of my neighbors who was the same age as me came over to play. The first thing he asked me is if I wanted to "play diaper", so I went along. We went to my room and he told me to grab some blankets so we could wear them like diapers, so that's just what we did. This was the first time as far as I can remember that I experienced sexual arousal, I started humping the floor in my "diaper" and it felt good and I kept doing it until I reached an orgasm. I don't remember anything my friend was doing (besides that he had a "diaper" on) when I was masturbating, but I do remember him asking me if I wanted to do something else but I was too busy enjoying myself. Ever since that happened, I had a strong desire to wear or obtain diapers but I never got to wear a real diaper (besides when I was a baby) until a few months ago. Now I'm almost 15, and my friend moved away 4 years ago. Whether or not he was an *B/DL remains a mystery to this day, I can only remember one other time when we "played diaper" and that was the second day after I moved in, that time it was my idea. Both of the times it happened my sister was at school, my dad was at work, and my mom was talking to my friend's mom downstairs, so nobody except us ever saw any of it.

I can remember wearing and being around diapers since I was about 3 years old, but I never experienced any interest in them before that incident.

Last edited:

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
God's honest truth, I just looked at a diaper when I was four and thought, "Man! I want to wear one of those forever!"

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
As long as I can remember

As long as I can remember I wanted to be a baby again. I would always choose to be the baby when the neighbor kids wanted to play house. I always had them bring baby things (diapers, baby bottles filled with warm milk, bonnets, rattles etc.) that belonged to their baby brothers and sisters. After they appropriately dressed me, I would suck on the baby bottle and convincingly use the diapers. (Sometimes too convincingly for some of the kids.) Later in my childhood I would search the attic for baby items and old cloth diapers (I was raised in the 50's). I remember one night as a young teen I was in my bed with white t-shirts stuffed in my pajamas pretending to be a baby in diapers. I was aroused by the feeling of the thick "diaper" I was wearing. A little later I thought I was peeing in them (it was the most incredible intense feeling). I discovered I had not really wet my "diaper" but that this turned out to be my first orgasm.
I continued to use makeshift "diapers" into my college years and really mostly suppressed my baby desires until after I married. When my first son was born, I realized that I wanted to be babied by my wife. Over several months I hinted to her my desires/interests. She was largely disinterested if not repulsed by my disclosure of my secret erotic interests. Later as our relationship deteriorated and we were in divorce proceedings she made all of these (adult baby) things public in court. Because she alleged that I was sexually abusing my sons, I was required to have supervised visits with my sons. It took over 6 months to clear my name and reputation and regain my loving relationship with my sons. I voluntarily submitted to two psychiatric evaluations to once again have unsupervised visits with my sons. Both psyciatrists (One paid for by my ex-wife, and the one retained by me) advised and recommended that the boys then four and seven years old would benefit from as much contact with their father as was possible.
After this trauma, I was able to get on with my life. It has been over twenty years and I have been free to use diapers and plastic pants and have a comfortable life as an adult baby. I am now at retirement age and my current wife is very loving and understanding about my baby desires and diapers. She powders me when we go to bed and refers to me as "rabbit".

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
I'm not the most responsible person... so I guess psychologically, letting go of a physical ability to go to the bathroom like an Adult (which is almost synonymous with growing up, doing things you don't wanna do and taking responsibility in my opinion) so I suppose I wear diapers to escape in some way...

Especially now. I got charged $130 in overdraft fees even though it was Amazon's fault, Bank of America could care less about my problems

Being old[er] sucks ;_;

Also I used to wet the bed all the time. My parents didn't really force diapers on me so I had to deal with waking up in the middle of the night, cold and wet. I grew out of it eventually but had a relapse when I was about 13.

Last edited:

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Let's look at a recent police haul from near where I used to live when I was growing up:
Searches of homes, properties and on open and waste ground have recovered dozens of weapons, including two sawn-off shotguns, 37 petrol bombs, a quantity of ammunition and an assortment of weapons including slash hooks, machetes, hammers, swords, knives and hatchets.
Within the last year, the street I spent most of my time as a kid playing has turned into a warzone. A car was overturned and set on fire to block the police from getting in while 2 Traveller families were fighting when the latest problems started.

It was always a very rough place and I guess I just reacted to a need for security. A lot of what was going on didn't affect me conciously as I just didn't realise it was unusual until I moved out of there. Of course, people weren't shooting each other across the street then but there was still a lot of violence.

The upsetting thing is I know there are still weapons there as I still know a lot of people there and they have seen people with them.

From August to October there was 24 hour armed police patrolling there.
[/font]

M

Matrix Blade

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, just for the heck of it.

When I was little, I would sometimes steal my sister's diapers and I'd pretend I was still a baby. I arranged my sheets like a diaper some nights. I did this a lot when I was little. I believe the reason I acted like this was because I was completely potty-trained at 14 months. I was forced to act more mature than my age was.

I stopped doing theses things when I turned 5. I never even thought about diapers, until I had one of my 'trigger' moments. I was in the 3rd grade and going into English class. Two people in the class were talking and one of them blurted out "Ugh, You're Dad wears Diapers? Gross" (The kid's dad was disabled). At the time, I had never heard of Depends or adult diapers, and was amazed at the idea of someone, other than a baby, wearing a diaper. I went home that night and fantasized about wearing diapers. I fantasized about diapers every night, for the next 6 years or so. In the dreams, I wouldn't use the diapers, but I'd be treated like a baby, forced to wear baby clothes, and I'd be turned into a baby.

Then, my second 'trigger' came last year, in the spring. Everyone of my family members was out of the house. I was bored and searched 'adults in diapers' on my computer. My interests started to develop and the rest is history.

Craig

Est. Contributor
I'm not completely sure if this is the reason why or if this is just how I discovered I was AB/DL but when I was about 4 or 5 my aunty gave me some nappies for some dolls I had and I ended up some how wearing them my self and ever since then I have had all the desires I have today. This is a very blurred memory but that's about all I can remember of it.

Craig.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'll participate too.

I was brought out of potty training, shall we say, physically. I was abused physically by my own father. I bedwet when I was young and he didn't exactly like it at all. And besides, I like to wear diapers because it beats waking up on a wet bed and having to wash the sheets in the morning. Everything was compounded and that is where it leads me up till this day.

BearCub22

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me, i started having wet dreams and sometimes they included me in a diaper. I remeber sometimes going through saturday ads and seeing goodnite ads and it sparked my intrest. i fell in after that. I would wear the goodnites and the wet dreams would not affect my sheets so i felt safe. now i feel safe in a diaper because of those earlier years when i was thirteen or so. I think my parents divorcing and worrying about themselves made it easier to go into it. I t was a way to revert.

Status
Not open for further replies.