what caused you to be a dl

I have no idea, I have always had these feelings since puberty hitšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: Ortler and Someone
I grew up being a bedwetter well into my teens and wore diapers at night from a young age until I stopped. As someone else said, going through puberty while wearing diapers caused there to be other feelings connected to diapers. During these years I came to like them.

Once I stopped I realized just how much I missed wearing them. In my late 20s when I started wetting again it was VERY easy for me start wearing them again.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, Absorblock, Someone and 1 other person
"Reasons unknown."

My interest in diapers and being babied stretches back to my earliest memories. I feel like I led a pretty sheltered childhood. I can recall no psychological or physical trauma. My parents were easygoing, had a stable relationship, and stable finances. I potty-trained quickly and easily, though perhaps slightly late for the era. (I was a cloth-diapered baby in the late 70's, and trained right before I turned three.) So, uh... šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I do have some photos of myself getting my diapers changed. In all of these I seem to be in a very happy and playful mood. I'm being handed dolls or other toys, tickled, etc. Maybe I just felt so doted on when it came to diaper changes that some attachment was formed. Who knows? In my case, I get the feeling that anything obvious or semi-obvious is probably wrong. If I had to bet on it, I'd put my money on "random psychological fluke."

Reactions: dluk2020, tam1623, Pelusos and 2 others
I donā€™t have any recollection of why I became a DL. I just always remember having an infatuation with them ever since a young age. One of my earlier Dr memories I have is running around with my younger cousin in the backyard on a hot day. He was in just a diaper and I was in ā€œbig boyā€ clothes since I was about 3 or 4 years old. I remember seeing that plastic diaper, hearing the crinkle as he ran and touching the smooth plastic a few times as we ran around. I wanted to be in a diaper too out there.

Reactions: tam1623 and Someone
eliblox2009 said:
what caused you to be a dl?
From an early age i loved wetting myself. Before i could get ahold of diapers, i would put my sheets in my underwear. Now since I'm more grown i buy diapers. Sometimes i just wet whatever I'm in.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, Someone and Lyric
I wasn't out of diapers during the day until I was 7 and continued to be diapered for bedwetting until I was 17. My younger sister was also slow to potty train and wore diapers at night until she was 12. Basically I wore diapers until I was almost in college so I never felt any great approbation over wetting my bed or wearing diapers and rubber pants. Our mother never made us feel bad about having to wear diaper for so long even though I knew it was not normal and other people disapproved, like some of our relatives. I know that when puberty started was the time when I began to think about diapers as more than just a way of keeping my bed dry, but instead as a way to become aroused sexually. That's when I first started to masturbate, not that I knew what I was doing, but after my mother kissed me goodnight and left my bedroom, I would shove my hand down the front of my diapers and play with myself. I soon connected wearing diapers and wetting them with sexual arousal and that connection has remained with me until now. I also became somewhat attracted to my mother at that time as well and looked forward to her pinning my diapers on every night and taking my wet diapers off every morning. Once I left home for good, I wanted to wear diapers and find a girl to take care of me like my mom had. Those desires never really disappeared.

Reactions: warmfeeling and Someone
Nothing I know of. I just enjoy it. I always had a magnetic need to see, get, and even "pilfer" when I could get a diaper or the old-fashioned type of rubber pants found in the closet or drawers, etc. Does anyone recall them? The light beige-colored types with the tiny circular vent holes like a "vintage" phone had for the ear part on the sides just in one place in a small circle??? Anyone?? Well, those were the weird rubber pants we were put in. Maybe from sears or Germany for all I know!!! My mother flew around the world, so beats me!

I don't know why, actually. I have a sneaking suspicion it was my mother's odd behavior about potty training...a lot of weirdness come to think of it.

Quickly saying, though; I always had the want and desire since 5, or possibly earlier.

Reactions: Pelusos, warmfeeling and Someone
Being forced to grow up too fast, being stared at & chewed out while struggling to pass stool on the potty, and just not having the love or protection babies - Royals especially - get.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Someone
bed wetting, being told that I should be put back in diaper, but they never did. being jealous of the attention my baby sister got, that I missed out on, as well as other children being or treated as a little, always wondering why not me, and what would I have to do to be treated the same way

Reactions: Someone
Born this way. Never wanted out of diapers, as soon as I could I went back to diapers.

Reactions: Wetshisbed and Someone
Through therapy, I believe it happened due to some trauma when I was around 5/6 years old. I didnā€™t have any feelings for them prior, but after there was a big urge.

Reactions: Someone
I started wearing diapers after many many years of wetting myself for pleasure. when I first tried out diaper at around 58 or so I was instantly hooked because I could now wet anywhere and everywhere with no one knowing.

• Love
Reactions: NudistMD and Someone
NivekDLF said:
I've been a DL since 5 or 6 years old. It was friends of the family had 2 young girls and me and my brother, they wanted to play house! I was the baby they found a diaper and put it on me. I instantly from then on became infatuated with them. I have kept it a secret ever since. I thought for the longest time I was alone. Thank you internet for opening my eyes to the world of ABDL. It has never went away I have fought it but it will always be there. Now I embrace it!
when you played house I have to ask did you wet or mess the diaper, I also do remember doing that to but with a small pull-up

Halfdan said:
bed wetting, being told that I should be put back in diaper, but they never did. being jealous of the attention my baby sister got, that I missed out on, as well as other children being or treated as a little, always wondering why not me, and what would I have to do to be treated the same way
Being stared at on the potty, & given enemas, opposed to given supplements, my older brother getting all the praise for being.... my father in miniature practically, and having to draw a REAL Japanese sword in Self-defense just to get them to back off!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Sidewinder
I was a bedwetter my entire youth until about 14-15 years old.
My guess would be that when my parents decided to not diaper me
anymore for bed at around age 8 and I had to wake up in a wet bed
every morning, I wished my diapers back but never had the courage
to actually say it.
So it became a desire and the only few times I did get to wear a diaper
to bed (when sleeping away from home) made it even more special.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
I think wearing a diaper made me DL šŸ˜…

Last edited:
Reactions: espectro, Wetshisbed, Kellycares and 3 others
Curiosity when I was 11

I've had the desire to wear diapers as far back as I can remember. Growing up, I struggled with both day and nighttime accidents as a result of my ADHD. My parents were very lenient and understanding, so they took a pretty hands off approach to the situation. This meant that goodnites were a present in my childhood until an embarrassingly late age.

JoeMusic1976 said:
I was a bedwetter my entire youth until about 14-15 years old.
My guess would be that when my parents decided to not diaper me
anymore for bed at around age 8 and I had to wake up in a wet bed
every morning, I wished my diapers back but never had the courage
to actually say it.
So it became a desire and the only few times I did get to wear a diaper
to bed (when sleeping away from home) made it even more special.
I would've worn diapers if my "Parents" let me. I had constipation until I was 26, & by the time I was 15 - When I started listening to certain grunts/cries/yells in movies & wondering: "Would that sound like a baby if you raised the pitch?", I was pretty much determined to become ABDL whatever it takes

Hell2DaNaw said:
I've had the desire to wear diapers as far back as I can remember. Growing up, I struggled with both day and nighttime accidents as a result of my ADHD. My parents were very lenient and understanding, so they took a pretty hands off approach to the situation. This meant that goodnites were a present in my childhood until an embarrassingly late age.
My "Parents", demons curse them for Eternity for making me "The One", (It only takes one) would've been the opposite & would've burned all my possessions to make me like them. And were actually stupid enough to not even consider what killed their relationship with me!

Back