What car do you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
DIRTBIKE4X4 I totaly disagree with you on your statement saying that imports suck. I worked at a garage for 2 years of my life and guess what, imports in general are way more reliable then domestic vehicles. I would take a Toyota Tacoma over a Ford Ranger anyday. Seriously, show me all the Ford Ranger's that have over 260K miles on them with no major repairs and compare this to the number of daily driven Tacoma's and you will find the Tacoma's are much more realiabe. Sorry to bust your bubble, but domestic cars just arn't the quality and don't have the realiability that imports are and always have been
Ok I agree that imports are usually more reliable than domestic (that's a given) but my Topaz had ~350,000km on it and was still running fine. If it had been a 5speed I probably would still be driving it...it was a cheap car (and felt like one when you drove it) but could take all sorts of abuse :)

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
DIRTBIKE4X4 I totaly disagree with you on your statement saying that imports suck. I worked at a garage for 2 years of my life and guess what, imports in general are way more reliable then domestic vehicles. I would take a Toyota Tacoma over a Ford Ranger anyday. Seriously, show me all the Ford Ranger's that have over 260K miles on them with no major repairs and compare this to the number of daily driven Tacoma's and you will find the Tacoma's are much more realiabe. Sorry to bust your bubble, but domestic cars just arn't the quality and don't have the realiability that imports are and always have been
Ok well you bring a toyota tundra and i'll bring my f-150 and come to work on my friends farm for a week with me and we'll see who's truck holds up to the abuse of being used for work. Then (if your tundra's still in one piece) we'll take em both muddin and see how many times I have to winch you out.

BTW, there are no foregin companies who make anything larger than a 1/2 ton pick up, so that alone pretty much rules out them for most work applications.

Role
Diaper Lover
OWNED! said:
there are no foregin companies who make anything larger than a 1/2 ton pick up, so that alone pretty much rules out them for most work applications.
:)

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Eh I see this turning into a big arguement about which trucks and which cars are better. Eh, I'd make a comment on the whole truck thing, but I'm not really that much into trucks and I really don't know that much about them so I am going to be quite on this subject. Now if you want to talk about drag racing and sports cars, I'm all game.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I drive a black 2001 Chevy Cavalier, 5-speed, 2.2L, 115HP. And my personal favorite: 38mpg (highway).

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i just bought a 92 chevy suburban from from my parents that had 350k miles on it and it runs fine, but i usually drive an 04 honda civic...

32mpg street

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I drive nothing (which would be quite obvious) but I drool over these, which I probably shouldn't, considering you'll struggle to find one with a $50,000 price tag.

For the uber geeks, there's something for you in this car too. All is explained in this video...

Skyline R34

Another video

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I drive a 1997 Ford Fiesta, bordeaux red with a eeyore plush behind the rear window :)
We had a Fiesta back when Ford was importing them to the US. Ours was a 1979 2-door (only way they came then) white with tan vinyl interior and 4 speed manual (again, no automatic offered). I liked driving the car, but years later parts were getting harder and more expensive to get. That's when I finally bought the 1994 Tercel to replace the Fiesta as my work commute car. If they were sold here again I'd certainly consider buying another one if the Toyota gave out.

~Pramrider

Role
Diaper Lover
So spirit, essentially they removed the auto computer correcting services form the Skyline? Sounds good. I prefer regular gauges and one of those readout panels somewhere else.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Fords!
Currently a 94 Explorer with over 200k and an 84 Econoline 150 van near 200K as well. Also ride a 81 Yamaha 650 s Special II.
As I’m a little older and have had a few I’ll list only vehicles I’ve registered in my name in descending order I got them.
94 Explorer
92 Chevy Beretta (For a girl I lived with)
84 Bronco II
84 Econoline 150
74 Econoline 100
66 C-950 Tilt Cab truck Flatbed. (30,000GVW)
66 C-600 Tilt Cab truck Car Hauler (20,000GVW)
69 Mustang GT350
73 Suzuki GS750 (Water Buffalo)
73 Suzuki TS-185
69 F-100 4X4 8’ Styleside
69 Mustang convertible
65 Mustang convertible
67 Fairlane 500 Country Squire (Station Wagon)
Lots of others for parts, investment or resale I never registered.
Yea I'm a "car guy".

Nam

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little

omg gaiz its madoxx's car XD XD

I drive this old Jetta thing.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
OH my god, an Oldsmobile Sabre TYPE R, I want one, there so fast. Anything with type R on it is good for like 70 extra horsepower, just ask any Honda fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.