What book are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maxx

The last "what are you reading?" apparently timed out and closed, so time to start it up again.

I'm almost finished with Warriors 3, third in a series of short story anthologies featuring various sci-fi, fantasy, and mystery authors, edited by George R.R. Martin (Game of Thrones)

I'm in the middle of a story by Diana Gabaldon, noted for her Outlander series of books (also now a popular TV series). A historical drama and time travel fantasy set mostly in late 18th century UK and America.

Of note for gay members, this particular story features Lord John Grey, a major supporting (and gay) character in Outlander, and main character in Gabaldon's spinoff Lord John series. If you like to identify with the hero in that way, this might be a good choice for you.

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Alternately, I've always felt the way Lackey handles Vanyel in the Last Herald-Mage trilogy was well done and relatable.

Currently, I'm alternating between Small Favor, Fahrenheit 451, and Guns, Germs,and Steel. The later two are for schoolwork.

ArchtopK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Beatles Gear by Andy Babiuk. Coffee table tome that traces all the different instruments used by the Beatles. Lot's of trivia as well.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Differential Equations: An Introduction to Modern Methods and Applications. It's a bit dry (no pun intended).

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm reading two books at the same time. The first book is "The Unwanteds" by Lisa McMann, a book that my grandchildren and their parents are reading. It's similar to The Hunger Games and it's pretty good.

The other book is "Toms River", a book about the town in New Jersey where I grew up. Toms River, thanks to Ciba/Geigie is now the cancer capitol of the United States. My mom worked for Ciba and died of breast cancer. Every fourth person on our street had cancer. Her boss died of cancer and the president of Ciba's young son died of cancer when I was in high school with his older brother.

The book is a frightening read as Toms River has been compared to New York's Love Canal. I suppose I'm living on borrowed time.

M

Maxx

Jules Verne - "Around the World in 80 Days"

I was out on the patio the other day enjoying what remains of nice weather and Warriors 3 on my ancient Kobo reader (I have a more modern tablet, but I like the old display on this for reading purposes, and the battery life is far better). Finished warriors and didn't feel like going inside to connect to the library, so I rummaged around in the stuff I had originally dragged over from Gutenberg in case of emergency. Didn't get past the "A's" when I realized I had never read this classic.

LilCDM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I am currently rereading Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.

If you are only watched Disney’s movie rear the book, I think it is a lot better.

Chinababy888

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
I generally read action /adventure stories about fictional or real events, currently I am reading Clive Cussler's The Solomon Curse, I've been reading his books for almost 20 years now ever since summer of 1996 when I was 16 years of age.

I also read Tom Clancy & Dale Brown books to name a few I probably have read more books from other authors over time but I cant remember them all at this present time.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

M

Maxx

I also read Tom Clancy & Dale Brown books to name a few I probably have read more books from other authors over time but I cant remember them all at this present time.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Read most of both authors on airplanes.... business trips. I'll really miss Clancy. Brown isn't far behind on my list of faves.

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Better Dale Brown then Dan Brown; I've got a soft spot for Flight of the Old Dog probably because I've got an odd love for BUFFs

APersonThatIsAHuman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I've been enjoying the series so far and I don't want it to end.

happilyderanged

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Just picked up Girl in a Band by ex-Sonic Youth member Kim Gordon. Looking forward to reading it.

WhiteRabbit

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm about to start reading the Walking Dead graphic novels. This week-long wait between episodes is killing me, so it's time I get into those. I ordered the three compendiums from Amazon, and I'm waiting for the first one to arrive (somehow received #2 and #3 first)

Hiraeth

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Currently three books for me, re-reading "Jurassic Park" by Michael Crichton, reading an interesting biography on the life of Marquis De Lafayette, and a really interesting dollar bin find called "Longitude" by Dava Sobel on the history of finding accurate ways to measure longitude while at sea, and how it changed navigation and trade.

Andromeda

Andromeda
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Currently reading Dexter An Omnibus. So three stories in one book! Just started reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.
I think they turned these stories into a television program. Dexter Morgan is a blood spatter analyst for the Miami PD, but he
can't stand the sight of blood. Also, in his spare time, he pursues his hobby, which is murder! He only kills bad people.
I am enjoying this story, and can't wait to read the other two!

UzgruzzSteelchoppa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Raymond Buckland: A complete book of witchcraft. it gives me a reason to mess around with stuff i shouldn't. :poke:

starpup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
At the moment im reading Green Fairy, the first in a series of three books by furry/anthro author Kyell Gold.
Its about a young wolf named Sol who is in his final months of high school, and longing to move away from his small hometown.
Sol and his otter friend Meg have a few "drinking sessions" of absinthe in an attempt to open their minds for a school project they are doing together. This leads Sol to have vivid dreams where he believes he is one of the characters from Moulin Rouge, a book he is reading at the time.
(The story goes back and forwards between reality and Sols absinthe induced dreams. )
All the while he is dealing with his father pressuring him to be better in his school sports, he ends up becoming vegetarian which brings up its own problems, and trying to hide the fact from family that he is gay.
Although im dissapointed that i am nearly finished, ive got the next two to look forward to :)

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Black Thorns, by Enrique Bentacourt.

It's a super hero type book, and it has an incontinent dl archer sidekick in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.