What are your thoughts on the vaccine?

My thoughts are that it's put my sex drive in to over ride. I've gone from having next to zero to being obsessed. It's not good.

sinceiwassmall said:
I do believe in restricting what you can do if you haven’t taken it,
Actually, while I do want WAY more vaccinated myself (and I am) - I do have issue here - mainly because to do so means requesting medical information - that really I feel should NEVER be mandatory to show anyone for any reason - and certainly not just to go spend money (restaurant, concert, whatever - you are either open, are not - and if you are, you serve all without even asking verbally, never mind insist on any sort of proof.
Yes I do have it - but there is absolutely no way I am going to show it to anyone other than treating medical professionals. And business that does - even if the offer another option, such as dine outside, contactless delivery, ex. just the fact that the ask anyone - I intend to not use at all until they stop that practice - because they refuse to respect privacy just to ask at all.
It is medical info, ONLY treating medical professionals have any right to it.
Now I can sort of see employers asking - I guess they have the right to know if who they are hiring is - but even if I could work - I surely would turn down a job from such an employer, in order to preserve my privacy.
And with me, that is certainly not about COVID it's medical info in general, and goes back as far as when legally MY choice (19). My vaxes for school needed to be boosted - got that done (strange feeling - I was the only one that old there to actually get a shot - but that's getting off the point) - but no way was that school getting that info (honestly don't recall how that was finally resolved - but I do know they never got any info there). Also have never once for any reason given anyone other than treating medical professionals any drug test results - actual intoxication yes - not generally what is present. Besides being medical info itself, just to pass one, you need to declare any prescribed medication, further diminishing medical privacy.
So COVID is not the first issue I have had, and stuck to no matter what (I truly was ready to walk away from school over the proof of vaccination, and I know they knew that) - and I am sure COVID will not be the last. But take any privacy away regardless of why - even if I am in compliance anyway - I will walk away, to keep that privacy.

Wettiguy said:
My thoughts are that it's put my sex drive in to over ride. I've gone from having next to zero to being obsessed.
Talk about a penny for your thoughts....
Well, I ain't bending over to pick up that penny!

🤪

MailCat581 said:
I believe that it is best to be cautious around unvaccinated individuals. However; I don't believe we should be "punishing" them by restricting (other than mask restrictions) what they can or cannot do because they remain unvaccinated. [...] While I do believe something needs to be done to drive up vaccinated person numbers and work towards achieving the pipe dream of herd immunity; I don't believe restricting and punishing the unvaccinated is a constructive way to solve this problem.
I also think that those people should not be punished. And of course unvaccinated people need to be protected, but only as long as they haven't been offered the chance to be vaccinated (or rarely for other reasons as you describe).
But I do think that we must reward people who get vaccinated and take the "risks" that others cite as justification for not getting vaccinated. And I think it's perfectly justifiable to design the benefits in such a way that those who don't have them (of their own free choice) see it as a disadvantage.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
I read on line that one woman claimed the vaccine had made her pregnant as a side effect.

Just had a thread show up on Facebook from my sister-in-law. She's asking about lawyers for 'a friend' to fight an employer trying to force employees to get vaccinated. Had people throw out the usual lines of 'Tyranny!', and 'It was developed too quick, drugs take years to develop...', and... and... the same lies get repeated over and over. Looks like it is actually her husband who doesn't want to be vaccinated and his job is threatening to let him go if he doesn't get vaccinated. According to the Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) this is, in their opinion, fully legal to do and has already been upheld in more than one legal verdict. As employers are required by law to provide a safe and healthy working environment, they are fully within their right to require that employees be vaccinated against deadly diseases that they might spread to customers or other staff.

What got me laughing the most was people who are vocal anti-choice (re: abortion rights) screaming, "My body, my choice!".

“Those willing to give up liberty for security deserve neither” Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Aby, nwm and dous
Zeke said:
“Those willing to give up liberty for security deserve neither” Benjamin Franklin
That old chestnut is NOT about pandemics and public health.

MailCat581 said:
If the vaccines were good; why are fully vaccinated people STILL getting

Honestly, what part of “97% of Covid patients in the hospital are unvaccinated” and “almost everyone dying of Covid at this point is unvaccinated” do you find it hard to understand????

It takes a special kind of denial and ignorance to treat 100% effectiveness of a vaccine as your standard. The vaccines are some of THE most effective ever created.

Reactions: nwm, ThePaddedTurtle, db80 and 1 other person
And it takes a special kind of naivety to blindly accept what the media it pumping out. The vaccine is either good or not has yet to be determined considering the survival rate is still over 97% of the infected, ( not hospitalized ) ( there is a difference) the ones passing away have underlying conditions and the vaccine is still under emergency usage and has not yet to be proven ( by the cdc) to be effective after the 3 month period. So i think you better back the hell off of your denial and ignorance statement and wake the hell up.. It is not your place to place judgement on who chose to or not to get vaccinated. Feel free to state your peace but don't cast judgement. You are in a different country with different laws. so mind your own.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: nwm and ThePaddedTurtle
sinceiwassmall said:
Honestly, what part of “97% of Covid patients in the hospital are unvaccinated” and “almost everyone dying of Covid at this point is unvaccinated” do you find it hard to understand????
in the US thats the case in other countries as the anti-Covid vax people will point out thats not the case.
we saw similar incongruities with some non-lock down countries vs lockdown ones earlier.
for example Israel, population where 85+% are fully vaxed and yet the vaxed make up the majority of deaths and hospitalizations recently.

db80 said:
I also think that those people should not be punished.
I Agree
db80 said:
But I do think that we must reward people who get vaccinated and take the "risks" that others cite as justification for not getting vaccinated.

wouldnt the Vaccination lessening symptoms & giving those people peace of mind be its own reward?

otherwise you risk alienating and "othering" the rest which will just lead to conflict.
Pro or Anti Covid vax i dont think most people want 2 classes of citizenry, caste systems don't tend to turn out well.

dprdypr said:
in the US thats the case in other countries as the anti-Covid vax people will point out thats not the case.
we saw similar incongruities with some non-lock down countries vs lockdown ones earlier.
for example Israel, population where 85+% are fully vaxed and yet the vaxed make up the majority of deaths and hospitalizations recently.
As any reputable media source in the world will tell you — literally in 30 seconds of Google search, try it — the claim about Israel is a wilfully misleading distortion of data.

If such a claim has been presentef to you as fact, you are in an echo chamber of disinformation, that masquerades as science.

Reactions: nwm and ThePaddedTurtle
I think at the end of the day it is an individuals choice whether or not to have the vaccine. Especially when an often reported side effect is death. About 8 years ago we had a swine flu outbreak here. I caught it and it was the worst thing I ever had. They did not shut down anything over that. I have been watching the Congress inquiry and it seems the virus was helped along. I think in the next month more information will come to light.

sinceiwassmall said:
As any reputable media source in the world will tell you

That's the problem...There is a loss in confidence and trust in the main stream media, social media, and government propaganda.

sinceiwassmall said:
If such a claim has been presentef to you as fact, you are in an echo chamber of disinformation, that masquerades as science.
the problem is both sides have their choice of medical experts, data points etc. thus both sides think the other side is in a echo chamber of disinformation, that masquerades as science.

you don't convince people even if they're wrong by calling them names, being hostile or treating them as 2nd class citizens etc. yet both sides have a majoity doing this to each other.

its why health passports are a bad idea, its why media & health authorities flip flopping on positions often especially earlier in the pandemic are a bad idea.

i don't know how you solve for something when both sides are convinced they are correct and so few people are willing to discuss the opposing position without immediately shooting it down.

Back