What are your thoughts on the vaccine?

AtPeace said:
Two things:
It is un-American and rather undignified to let others coerce you into making a decision.

And fear mongering is not informing the public.
Thank you

Reactions: SirRichard and dous
AtPeace said:
fear mongering
Fearmongering: "manipulation which causes fear by using exaggerated rumors of impending danger.”

Please name anything exaggerated or untrue said about the pandemic in this thread. The fearmongering here is about the vaccines.

Reactions: buridan
KKC1977 said:
Thank you no reconsideration is necessary. I refuse and will not take the “sheep” shot. Period end of discussion period.
Just a quick question: why do you call it a "sheep" shot?

So far to me, it's has being trials and speculation from both sides
People still get Covid after the Vaccine
Doesn't show a good sign of approval for people

HopeRh33 said:
Doesn't show a good sign of approval for people
People do still get COVID after the vaccine, yes. However, 97% of the people in the hospital with it are unvaccinated. That says that the vaccine is having an effect on how bad the effects of the virus are for the vaccinated vs. the unvaccinated. Would you rather be fighting something akin to the yearly flu? Or be in the ICU on a ventilator? Your choice.

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, ThePaddedTurtle and HopeRh33
AtPeace said:
It is un-American and rather undignified to let others coerce you into making a decision.
It's unfortunately increasingly American these days to dismiss the best of consensus science and peer-reviewed, publicly available evidence, and trust an embarrassing underbelly of mutually promoting YouTube cranks and conspiracy theorists.

When the people who teach you about vaccines also believe the moon landing was faked, leaders of an opposing political party are the Antichrist and lizard people from another planet, and child trafficking and satanic rituals are happening in the basement of a pizza parlour with no basement, there's a problem.
HopeRh33 said:
As @AnalogRTO just beat me to saying, 97% of people getting and spreading Covid right now are unvaccinated. The vaccines are among the most effective ever released, which no-one ever claimed meant they prevent all cases. They prevent most cases and greatly reduce your risk of serious illness and death if infected. The "breakthrough" cases among vaccinated people are quite rare, generally mild, and vaccinated people who are infected are less likely to spread the infection to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwm, ThePaddedTurtle and ZpyTim
sinceiwassmall said:
It's unfortunately increasingly American these days to dismiss the best of consensus science and peer-reviewed, publicly available evidence, and trust an embarrassing underbelly of mutually promoting YouTube cranks and conspiracy theorists.

When the people who teach you about vaccines also believe the moon landing was faked, leaders of an opposing political party are the Antichrist and lizard people from another planet, and child trafficking and satanic rituals are happening in the basement of a pizza parlour with no basement, there's a problem.

As @AnalogRTO just beat me to saying, 97% of people getting and spreading Covid right now are unvaccinated. The vaccines are among the most effective ever released, which no-one ever claimed meant they prevent all cases. They prevent most cases and greatly reduce your risk of serious illness and death if infected. The "breakthrough" cases among vaccinated people are quite rare, generally mild, and vaccinated people who are infected are less likely to spread the infection to others.
It's funny how you think the people who refuse to take the vaccine are such unintelligent people. The unintelligent are the first to become scared based on what others tell them, even the experts. I understand if someone feels the need to take the vaccine if their grandma is sick, but to be afraid due to what the TV and monitor tell you - that's the folly.

The govt is eager to force their opinions in the throats of Americans; it was that very premise that gave birth to America, or rather a resistance to it. Fauci LOVED going on TV to tell everyone they're gonna die. I've once read that an obsession with doom is the symptom of a dying society.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedMikey, SirRichard and dous
AtPeace said:
It's funny how you think the people who refuse to take the vaccine are such unintelligent people. The unintelligent are the first to become scared based on what others tell them, even the experts. I understand if someone feels the need to take the vaccine if their grandma is sick, but to be afraid due to what the TV and monitor tell you - that's the folly.

The govt is eager to force their opinions in the throats of Americans; it was that very premise that gave birth to America, or rather a resistance to it. Fauci LOVED going on TV to tell everyone they're gonna die. I've once read that an obsession with doom is the symptom of a dying society.
Thing is, many of us are not listening to the government, we're not listening to the TV. We're listening to our friends and family who are doctors and nurses, working in the healthcare field and seeing the effects of this virus firsthand. They are the ones who not only see the effect of the virus, but read through the peer-reviewed journals and understand on a biological level just what happens. They give us the evidence and those of us who understand the biology understand just how deadly and dangerous this virus is.

Personally, I never saw Fauci go on TV and tell people they were going to die.

You want a vaccine go get one. You want to go without it do so. I don't understand why everyone that had the vaccine is so mad at everyone not getting the shot. You are protected by your shot so be happy with that and let the others deal with what they choose.

Reactions: PaddedMikey and dous
Diaperedsparky said:
You want a vaccine go get one. You want to go without it do so. I don't understand why everyone that had the vaccine is so mad at everyone not getting the shot. You are protected by your shot so be happy with that and let the others deal with what they choose.
I don't think you've read the thread. That's not the way this works. It's unvaccinated people who are now keeping the pandemic alive and spreading. The risk will effectively end in the U.S. within 2-4 weeks once enough people are vaccinated.

Potentially much worse, the spread unvaccinated people are allowing to continue means Covid will keep mutating. The Delta variant that's dominant right now produces up to 1,000 times the viral load in you compared with the earlier strains if you're infected with it. The next major variant could be resistant to the vaccines. That would put ALL of us right back at risk, in nationwide lockdowns and in crisis.

So, it is individual choices to avoid being vaccinated that are forcing continued restrictions and putting everyone at risk.

Reactions: nwm, ThePaddedTurtle, ade and 1 other person
Diaperedsparky said:
I don't understand why everyone that had the vaccine is so mad at everyone not getting the shot. You are protected by your shot so be happy with that and let the others deal with what they choose.
It's because you're not fully protected by the shot itself, but by the mass vaccination which develops the herd immunity which stops the spread and any mutation [possibly into something deadlier].
The plan was/is to eradicate the virus by breaking the chain of transmission.

Reactions: nwm, buridan and sinceiwassmall
Diaperedsparky said:
#1. It's the same reason people are bothered by others not getting the MMR vaccine. Not everyone can get the vaccine--some are immunocompromised, some have other health conditions that preclude them from getting the vaccine, etc. and the reliance is for herd immunity to keep those people safe.

#2. If we were all to get the vaccine, the virus would not be able to take hold and mutate further. The delta variant is devastating areas of our country because of the unvaccinated. If all of these people got vaccinated, it wouldn't be an issue, but instead we now have a variant that is much more contagious than the alpha variant. What happens when we get a gamma variant? Or a lambda variant? Will those variants overcome the vaccine and kill more of our population?

#3. The unvaccinated are overwhelming our medical systems much the same way the very first cases did. What happens when the ICU of your hospital is overloaded with COVID cases and you get in a car accident and need to be in there but there is no room. We let you die? Or do we just start turning away anyone unvaccinated that came down with COVID and just let them die?

Reactions: nwm and buridan
Vaccinated can carry, vaccinated can get sick with virus, vaccinated can die from virus. So where is benefit

Reactions: SirRichard
I am terrified of the possibilities of flaring after the vaccine so haven’t been able to get it yet .... I have a bunch of un diagnosised symptoms that may be mast cell, cortisol Or autoimmune related and it been BAD - like if I don’t get this figured out soon I do not want to live like this, life sucks its so painful. I’m already on disability but it’s minute to minute most days in severe pain and i cant do anything. I also have CIRS which is because I can’t detox at all basically - so yes normal healthy folks are fine with The vaccine and have zero issues but I may not ... my whole detox system is faulty so those small heavy metal/chemical doses that are “safe” - are not safe for me personally. But of course CIRS is a “hoax” just like migraine was 90 years ago and Lyme was 25 years ago.

If i Got the vaccine and it flared me worse than I am now I dont Know what I would do - I already have mixed old leftover meds on bad days to see if they may help (at normal doses and nothing the interacts but still ...). I’m scared where my mental health would go if it made me worse for even a week (lots of my fellow migraineurs have had bad week or two after the vaccine and same with auto immune people from my other group - and those are people with the disorders under control.

I am very thankful I am at leasT in canada so we have 70%+ fully vaccinated (I think ... or is that first shot?) so I’m safer. I’m waiting for my brain mapping consult next week and hoping functional medicine doctor (holy moly costly) will have an idea on why I still have symptoms .... the one med we started last week gave me two milder days (but today is back to bad) so it’s leading to mast cell related which puts me at risk of severe allergic reaction ..... so another issue trying something new. when we get the symptoms under control I will get vaccine - one set but if you want yearly booster shots - NOPE. I don’t do the flu shot for same reason, there is too much chemicals/heavy metals in shots that may or may not work well (flu vaccine is a joke, Covid is MUCH more efficient but still will never be like small pox that could completely stop the virus). Covid WILL be around yearly from now on.

Reactions: Diaperedsparky
Diaperedsparky said:
Vaccinated can carry, vaccinated can get sick with virus, vaccinated can die from virus. So where is benefit
Only a fairly small percentage.
As said, the herd immunity (requiring a minimum percentage of people to be vaccinated) is what would/will stop the spread
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473523

What I'm struggling to understand is how a qualified electrician doesn't understand the maths of it.
Trolling?

Reactions: nwm and ThePaddedTurtle
ade said:
Only a fairly small percentage.
As said, the herd immunity (requiring a minimum percentage of people to be vaccinated) is what would/will stop the spread
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473523

What I'm struggling to understand is how a qualified electrician doesn't understand the maths of it.
Trolling?
Take look at history of viruses and tell me how many we have actually eradicated. Or I can save you time its 1. Took over 50 years there are two that we have controlled including the one we wiped out but the second is still alive and well in labs so it's not gone can be leaked and had been leaked. So until this vaccine has been properly tested and fully approved with liabilities falling back on makers of the vaccine. You are not going to convince very many people to sign up. Some where in all these post someone said don't listen to the news talk to actual doctors about the vaccine. I have have 4 RNs in my family along with respitory therapist. They have all seen the info of what is really going on first hand as well as taking with their superiors. None of them are taking the shot. A client of mine was the charge nurse of the ICU local hospital she quit because they were forcing vaccine. So with that first hand knowledge of their opinions and of the people they trust. I'm going with no. And no I'm not an anti vaxxer. I'm vaccinated as are my kids. Vaccines do alot of good far out way the bad. But the covid vaccine was shot out of s poorly loaded cannon in a big hurry.

Reactions: PaddedMikey and SirRichard
Diaperedsparky said:
Diaperedsparky said:
Take look at history of viruses and tell me how many we have actually eradicated. Or I can save you time its 1. Took over 50 years there are two that we have controlled including the one we wiped out but the second is still alive and well in labs so it's not gone can be leaked and had been leaked. So until this vaccine has been properly tested and fully approved with liabilities falling back on makers of the vaccine. You are not going to convince very many people to sign up. Some where in all these post someone said don't listen to the news talk to actual doctors about the vaccine. I have have 4 RNs in my family along with respitory therapist. They have all seen the info of what is really going on first hand as well as taking with their superiors. None of them are taking the shot. A client of mine was the charge nurse of the ICU local hospital she quit because they were forcing vaccine. So with that first hand knowledge of their opinions and of the people they trust. I'm going with no. And no I'm not an anti vaxxer. I'm vaccinated as are my kids. Vaccines do alot of good far out way the bad. But the covid vaccine was shot out of s poorly loaded cannon in a big hurry.
Yes, the vaccinated can get sick or die, but odds of that happening are massively lower than the unvaccinated. Every doctor and nurse I have spoken with has recommended the vaccine.

The idea that people have no recourse if they are harmed by a vaccine is false. There is a compensation program for anybody harmed by a vaccine.

I have already pointed out that the COVID vaccines made it out with the speed they did because of how trials and testing were done. Normally, all trials and testing are done sequentially instead of concurrently. That's simple economics for any pharmaceutical manufacturer; why spend the money to do all the testing and trials at once if a failure at any point can doom a product? This was a necessary item for the pharmaceutical companies, if the world lost a large percentage of the population they would lose potential income, not to mention the fact that the government was pushing for concurrent testing and trials.

Reactions: db80 and Sapphyre
So why not liability on manufacturer and why not full approval and not just emergency use approval

Reactions: PaddedMikey
Back