What are your thoughts on the vaccine?

Mingus said:
Many other less incompetent governments also advise people to get vaccinated.
That’s an excellent point.

What’s happening in Canada, most of Western Europe, Scandinavia and New Zealand is a pretty good guide to what policy grounded in the best available science looks like. (You might want to leave out Boris Johnson’s England, which is doing some very erratic things right now in defiance of the evidence.)

Reactions: surprise35
sinceiwassmall said:
That’s an excellent point.

What’s happening in Canada, most of Western Europe, Scandinavia and New Zealand is a pretty good guide to what policy grounded in the best available science looks like. (You might want to leave out Boris Johnson’s England, which is doing some very erratic things right now in defiance of the evidence.)
I’m in the U.K. Most U.K. govt Covid policy is a dumpster fire (to a degree Scotland and Wales have ploughed their own furrows and done a bit better). But our vaccine rollout is pretty good and the only reason things are not apocalyptically bad. Our death and hospitalisation rates *plummeted* due to the vaccine.

If 100 million people get a 99% effective vaccine, 1 million will still get sick. It’s the law of large numbers
DanielW said:
Because the people who don't or can't get vaccinated are contracting the virus and causing it to mutate and making the current vaccine less effective.

Reactions: babyann and buridan
My thoughts about the vaccine: Yes please. I don't want to spread the virus, have long-covid health problems, or even die.
An Alabama doctor's thoughts on treating unvaccinated, dying COVID patients:
I try to be very non-judgmental when I’m getting a new COVID patient that’s unvaccinated, but I really just started asking them, ‘Why haven’t you gotten the vaccine?’ And I’ll just ask it point blank, in the least judgmental way possible. And most of them, they’re very honest, they give me answers. ‘I talked to this person, I saw this thing on Facebook, I got this email, I saw this on the news,’ you know, these are all the reasons that I didn’t get vaccinated.

And the one question that I always ask them is, did you make an appointment with your primary care doctor and ask them for their opinion on whether or not you should receive the vaccine? And so far, nobody has answered yes to that question.

There are legitimate reasons to have questions about the vaccine. Please ask them to a doctor you trust, preferably a doctor that knows your medical history. You don't need to do your own research. You don't need to listen to media you don't trust. Just ask someone who spent 12 years of their life studying medicine about the vaccine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Beowulf and ThePaddedTurtle
Beowulf said:
Sorry but I find that hilarious. Is COVID serious? Yes. Is it as serious as the fear mongering sensational media claims, not even close.

192.4 M infections and only 4.13 M deaths. Mostly from at risk groups or overloaded health care systems.

Sadly I had someone die at work “from” COVID… but he was 4-500 lbs and really died from other complications.

but refusing to be around someone because of their medical situation is actually ignorant and that’s the type of hysteria I’ve been observing throughout the “pandemic”.

I’ve been exposed to high volumes of people during the entire pandemic and I’ve been completely fine. Probably because I don’t over sterilize and actually have an immune system. I watched as people practically bathed in sanitizers and they were the people who got sick.

Regardless of all that, I may still get the vaccine if my Doctor thinks I can handle it, and if the situation dictates the need.

Anyone remember when we took medical advice from our own Doctor and not puppets on TV telling us what to do.

I think people don't realize is the effects when you survive covid. Several people has clots to the point where they became vegetables because the clot floated to their brain. And now they are on ventilators and on feeding tubes because of it. People lost limbs and sections of their colon cut out because the clots blocked off the blood supply. A lot of people suffer from lowered heart functions because of inflammation of the heart. People still can't smell or taste, and several have brain fog. So, you can't paint the whole story just on death numbers. The long haul survivors are another aspect of the whole story.

Reactions: nwm and ThePaddedTurtle
Diaperman95 said:
vaccines in general are a good thing and the only thing that is going to bring tis under control. JUST FYI covid was real it is also real that the government totally blew it out of proportion to the US citizen and totally did a banging job scaring more people than informing. That's real too unfortunately. Look back in history this is not the first time the US ever raced to come up with a vaccine. Look at polio or malaria. These idiots telling people they have tracking number implants in the vaccine are not helping the matters either. But I think just the fact they made them so fast and did so little human testing before rolling them out that scares most of us. I mean they had to wright a loophole into the law to let them drop years of testing normally required before the could release such a vaccine . That is what scared most of us but if you look back at history this is nothing new we have done it every time a new virus threatens us. The problem is all these people that just like to stir the pot and has no real side either way. Like say the media. one day it how you have to have it and the next day how it will kill you if you take it. I just looked at it from the science stand point I am not all that young any more, I have several underline health disorders. the chances of getting the virus from the vaccine is next to impossible If you do get sick with covid after vaccinated it is not known to be life threating. of much worse than a cold at that point. But with my health issues if I did nothing and caught it in a bad way it could of been game over.
Do I feel it is a safe vaccine? yes
would I take it again ?yes
Do I think you should take it? I think you should look into it with open eyes and heart. But ultimately its your life. You should not be treated badly from anyone who took the shot. and that goes both ways too anyone that mouths off to someone for taking the shot needs to mind their own too. What I do with my life is up to me only what yo do is up to you. Other than that I answer to God no one else. Same with wearing a mask if you feel good doing it wear one if you don't don't. The CDC cant even make a clean statement on the effectiveness of wearing a mask. But the millions of people hat got vaccinated are what is stopping this spread like it or not. That and the Government stopped paying hospitals $10's of $1000's to report covid 19 cases.

SO to the many heros that have taking this vaccine thank you all for doing your part. The rest of you we understand and respect your decision to treat your Body. I hope as research comes out showing the effectiveness of the vaccines that some of you will then take them as well.

Very good point. Even to this day, seat belts are still provided and mandated by state law. But you would be surprised at the alarming rate that people are thrown out of their car during a wreck or how an unrestrained body kills everyone else in the car that is wearing a seat belt by being a human pinball. Its 2021 and people are still not wearing seat belts. I think they believe it infringes on their own freedom

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
TheAbodge said:
I have the same views on the vaccine I have on a lot of issues. If you can get the vaccine, and you want to, get it! If you don't want to get it, don't get it. It is your body, and ultimately your choice. I believe strongly in self determination and individual rights.

If you decline a vaccine, and get sick with Covid, I probably won't feel bad for you unless you had a valid medical reason for declining it. Before vaccines, I wore a mask, washed hands, quarantined outside items etc. However, I never insisted anyone else did around me. When some of them inevitably got sick, I obviously hoped they would recover. At the same time, however, they are adults. They made choices, and they had to deal with the consequences.

If a private business owner or entity (non-government) doesn't want to let you on their property without a vaccine or medical exemption, sucks to be you. If they demand you wear a mask, and you don't have a medical reason that would prevent it, then wear a mask or go away. I believe in their rights too. I would even defend their right to ban vaccinated people from the premises, even though it would mean I am banned.

Necessary public services are a slightly more complicated issue. I would be against any form of government coercion by withholding of VITAL services to force vaccination. I know it can become quite complicated with QoL issues that aren't life or death, so I would probably have to evaluate those individually. For the most part tho, if they are taking your money by force (taxes), they should be able to find a way to deliver the service.
What are your thoughts on this...I saw once on the news that since supplies might be limited at hospitals. What if the people that didn't want the vaccine would not be allowed to be cared for in the hospital or even enter it since they don't believe in medical treatment? And the people that got the vaccine will be allowed to get medical treatment if they got covid again?

Kayleigh said:
Go as fast as you can and get the vaccine. Almost every person in the hospital now with Covid has not been vaccinated. Almost all of the deaths from Covid are also occurring with unvaccinated persons.
I have a friend that got the two doses 6 months ago. She got covid again a couple of weeks. All she had was congestion for 3 days and got better. She got tested for the pcr at the beginning of the week and tested positive. At end of second week when she was better she tested negative.

Zeke said:
If the vaccines are as good as claimed then you folks that have gotten it shouldn’t have to be concerned about “catching” anything from those of us that haven’t and don’t intend to. I’m sure that you’ll consider me scientifically ignorant for this stance on THIS VACCINE although my mother was a biology teacher, I have engineering and materials science degrees and I try and be well read about science in general. For a little perspective on this “pandemic” spend some time researching the 1918 “Spanish” flu. This was a pandemic and it was far more virulent and far more deadly than the Wuhan virus, but without nearly as many violations of the Bill of Rights.
But what if in 5 years time...medicaid is overhwelmed by the disabled covid survivors that need assisted living.

Zeke said:
If the vaccines are as good as claimed then you folks that have gotten it shouldn’t have to be concerned about “catching” anything from those of us that haven’t and don’t intend to. I’m sure that you’ll consider me scientifically ignorant for this stance on THIS VACCINE although my mother was a biology teacher, I have engineering and materials science degrees and I try and be well read about science in general. For a little perspective on this “pandemic” spend some time researching the 1918 “Spanish” flu. This was a pandemic and it was far more virulent and far more deadly than the Wuhan virus, but without nearly as many violations of the Bill of Rights.
It’s frustrating to have to repeat what should be general knowledge by now. But your choice to call Covid-19 the “Wuhan virus” instead of the name every reputable scientific and media organization in the world uses makes it pretty clear what sources you get your information from. So here are a few thoughts.

To try to minimize the situation you had to go back more than 100 years to find something to compare it to. This is the worst public health issue and pandemic In the lifetimes of essentially everyone reading this (and probably most of our parents lifetimes too). If you’re 103 and reading this, I apologize and would love to chat with you. If you’re over 110 or so I would love to hear what you remember of the 1918 flu.

The comparison is not very easy to make. We didn’t even know flu was caused by a virus in 1918. It was 10 years before antibiotics were discovered and 45 years before the first antiviral drugs. Enormous numbers of people had inadequate heat, running water and sanitation. There was no systematic global tracking of the spread of contagious diseases. Few people travelled much, and commercial flight was decades away from being affordable. Radio didn’t even exist in a meaningful way yet.

What was known was the same simple steps you’re fighting against now as some kind of invasion of your rights: reduced contact, quarantine, proper personal hygiene and limits on public gatherings. And yes, these absolutely were ordered and in place. Schools, theaters, churches and dance halls across the country were closed. Cities banned weddings and funerals of more than small numbers of people, ordered citizens to wear face masks, changed the scheduling at factories to reduce traffic, and lots more. Public health was the first and most important function of city governments — it’s what they were created for.

Your belief in some libertarian fantasy wild west of “freedom” then would collapse if you did even 15 minutes of research. Media blowhards (of every stripe) and YouTube channels do not rate as research.

Some of the best learning that did come out of that pandemic is in direct comparison of cities that took these basic steps sooner vs. later, and cities that kept allowing large public gatherings vs. those that didn’t. Start by looking up a comparison of St. Louis and Philadelphia, which is especially well documented. The peak death rate in Philadelphia was 8 times as high as in St. Louis though the cities were comparable in many ways.

These extra cases and deaths were tragic, unnecessary and devastating. Doing what you suggest now isn’t “freedom” — it’s conscious invitation of mass death and suffering and the almost certain collapse of the American health care system as public policy.

Your media sources are ignorant of history and are anti-science when science tells them their ideology is flawed. Your media sources were quite literally pushing, knowingly or otherwise, to see hundreds of thousands to millions of people die to score political points.

They’re still misinforming you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chiaochai, surprise35, Mingus and 1 other person
I think they're great. I got both doses a few months ago.

• Love
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle, db80, surprise35 and 1 other person
MailCat581 said:
If the vaccines were good; why are fully vaccinated people STILL getting COVID?
Because the vaccines, on average, are only 60-70% effective in preventing infection by COVID. It seems 60-70% is good enough for government work, considering this is both a global pandemic and a national emergency requiring quick work & mass dissemination, as well as limited testing for the sake of expediency.

I got the single-shot J&J vaccine two months back and it knocked me flat on my can...just about as bad as when I actually was infected with COVID last December. I'm still getting a tattoo... #Live2Tell

COVID Survivor Tat - FINAL.png

im glad that most people in this thread seem to be in the right mind about it. as someone who was high risk this whole time, as someone who will almost certainly die if i catch covid, as someone who has heard people over and over again say its alright if people like me die so the rest can stop worrying, GET OVER YOURSELF.

the fact of the matter is that your decision to not get vaccinated doesnt just affect you, and you can call me mean for thinking this all you want but it is downright selfish. whether or not you get vaccinated is a literal life or death decision for not only yourself but those around you, and if you dont think thats reason enough i want nothing to do with you.

• Love
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle, surprise35, babyann and 1 other person
chiaochai said:
the fact of the matter is that your decision to not get vaccinated doesnt just affect you, and you can call me mean for thinking this all you want but it is downright selfish. whether or not you get vaccinated is a literal life or death decision for not only yourself but those around you,
Thank you!
I say if you want to take a risk with YOUR health/life that is up to you - but as soon as it MIGHT effect someone else, that is a BIG problem.
JUST your own though I don't give a :poop: . - But with a virus like that, there is no real way NOT to put others at risk if you refuse stuff like vaccines, masks, ex.

Reactions: chiaochai
chiaochai said:
im glad that most people in this thread seem to be in the right mind about it. as someone who was high risk this whole time, as someone who will almost certainly die if i catch covid, as someone who has heard people over and over again say its alright if people like me die so the rest can stop worrying, GET OVER YOURSELF.

the fact of the matter is that your decision to not get vaccinated doesnt just affect you, and you can call me mean for thinking this all you want but it is downright selfish. whether or not you get vaccinated is a literal life or death decision for not only yourself but those around you, and if you dont think thats reason enough i want nothing to do with you.
This response is exactly right. I don’t think I am high risk, but because of the actions of people that are choosing not to get a vaccination, then I become more at risk as each day happens.

let me try to phrase this in another way too…. We now all live in a global village, whether we like it or not, travel is quick, easy and (relatively!) cheap. So bugs will quickly spread all around the world. So imagine we all live in the same village…got that? OK. Now some of us in this village have discovered that we like wearing diapers or becoming a little, we are a bit worried what the rest of the village might say about us, so we have a little secret mailing club called adisc where we can chat to one another, support each other, share ideas, make new friends. To me, this is one of the nicest parts about this village, and i love all the new friends I have made here. I would not want to do anything that would hurt anyone, both In the whole village, but especially here in our club.

a nasty bug has got into the village, and we know it has killed some people in the village, we don’t know how many for sure, but the doctor is really worried. So is the mayor and the village council, but we don’t trust them too much as many of them have been shown to be liars in the past. But we do trust the doc, she is really sweet, and has always looked after all people in the village as well as she can. She says we should wear masks, wash our hands, and keep our distance, to protect not just ourselves, but other people in the village. In fact almost everything we are asked to do is not just for our own safety but for the safety of the whole village. Wearing a mask does not really protect the wearer but rather it protects others. Then news comes that we can get a jab which will help stop the whole infection. We are told that it doesn’t work all the time, but nearly all the time, and at least 70% or more of the village needs to take it as quickly as possible or more people might die. There is a really, really remote chance that the jab could harm you, but it is much, much less than almost any other standard medication. Sadly some people are medically unable to take the vaccine, and others (like me!) live at the wrong end of town and it will take a while before the doc makes it to my house. In our club, there are some sweet people like @chiaochai above who has just told the club that if we don’t all take the jab, when we can, then they could die. Who is selfish enough to tell @chiaochai that they don’t care? i want my jabs as soon as I can…I can’t wait, even if there is a tiny tiny chance they might hurt me, why? Because I don’t want anyone, anyone at all in this special club to die or get really sick from covid. The doc knows about medicine and she got the jab as soon as she could…so did all the wealthy, important people in the village. But there are still people not sure…. But you can look at evidence all around the village, all the reliable sources, for once are saying the same thing. Even people who normally would not agree on anything agree on this. Don’t take the vaccine for yourself, I understand you are big and tough and brave and can deal with any disease or bug that comes your way, but rather take it for me, and @chiaochai , because we are really scared and you taking it will make us safer…please. By the way, to all of you who have had the vaccine, thank you, thank you thank you. Your actions are saving lives, and I love you for that!

• Love
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle, chiaochai, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
babyann said:
This response is exactly right. I don’t think I am high risk, but because of the actions of people that are choosing not to get a vaccination, then I become more at risk as each day happens.

let me try to phrase this in another way too…. We now all live in a global village, whether we like it or not, travel is quick, easy and (relatively!) cheap. So bugs will quickly spread all around the world. So imagine we all live in the same village…got that? OK. Now some of us in this village have discovered that we like wearing diapers or becoming a little, we are a bit worried what the rest of the village might say about us, so we have a little secret mailing club called adisc where we can chat to one another, support each other, share ideas, make new friends. To me, this is one of the nicest parts about this village, and i love all the new friends I have made here. I would not want to do anything that would hurt anyone, both In the whole village, but especially here in our club.

a nasty bug has got into the village, and we know it has killed some people in the village, we don’t know how many for sure, but the doctor is really worried. So is the mayor and the village council, but we don’t trust them too much as many of them have been shown to be liars in the past. But we do trust the doc, she is really sweet, and has always looked after all people in the village as well as she can. She says we should wear masks, wash our hands, and keep our distance, to protect not just ourselves, but other people in the village. In fact almost everything we are asked to do is not just for our own safety but for the safety of the whole village. Wearing a mask does not really protect the wearer but rather it protects others. Then news comes that we can get a jab which will help stop the whole infection. We are told that it doesn’t work all the time, but nearly all the time, and at least 70% or more of the village needs to take it as quickly as possible or more people might die. There is a really, really remote chance that the jab could harm you, but it is much, much less than almost any other standard medication. Sadly some people are medically unable to take the vaccine, and others (like me!) live at the wrong end of town and it will take a while before the doc makes it to my house. In our club, there are some sweet people like @chiaochai above who has just told the club that if we don’t all take the jab, when we can, then they could die. Who is selfish enough to tell @chiaochai that they don’t care? i want my jabs as soon as I can…I can’t wait, even if there is a tiny tiny chance they might hurt me, why? Because I don’t want anyone, anyone at all in this special club to die or get really sick from covid. The doc knows about medicine and she got the jab as soon as she could…so did all the wealthy, important people in the village. But there are still people not sure…. But you can look at evidence all around the village, all the reliable sources, for once are saying the same thing. Even people who normally would not agree on anything agree on this. Don’t take the vaccine for yourself, I understand you are big and tough and brave and can deal with any disease or bug that comes your way, but rather take it for me, and @chiaochai , because we are really scared and you taking it will make us safer…please. By the way, to all of you who have had the vaccine, thank you, thank you thank you. Your actions are saving lives, and I love you for that!
very well said. I personally wish everyone would take it but I do appreciate living in a free country so I am not for forcing anyone. Best we can do is just to educate people with the facts. Every vaccine and drug made have some risk, But does that risk out weigh the benefit is the question? Not everyone is 20 years old in perfect health going into covid. Then if you do get it after a vaccine it going to shake it off a lot faster and be far less deadly because your body does have some of the antibodies in it needed. If a vaccine lowers my chances of getting it and dying then its a easy choice for me. But what if you are healthy I have a cousin right before chistmas not taking it near serious enough they eat out don't wear mask so on. She comes home to her folks for Christmas. Wonderful people her folks. Both her folks got it and after almost 50years of marriage the mom passed away after being flown to a out of state hospital where all her organs failed and could not come off the vent. while her husband is in another hospital being treated himself. They cant talk one has a vent. I have known these people since I married my wife it is just painful People just becaus4e you are healthy and might bounce right back yo can still give it to loved ones that are in another category.... I promise you you don't want the guilt my cousin feels for bringing that shit home to her folks that can't fight it off do to age It's your body and if you don't want I will respect it but I really suggest doing some real research . Look for a verified number of deaths do to the covid vaccine vs the covid 19 strain. I don't regret taking it I intend to do a booster when ever they recommend it.

I sorry I took off I am not preaching to you Babyann. Just agreeing with you.

Reactions: chiaochai and babyann
Diaperman95 said:
very well said. I personally wish everyone would take it but I do appreciate living in a free country so I am not for forcing anyone. Best we can do is just to educate people with the facts. Every vaccine and drug made have some risk, But does that risk out weigh the benefit is the question? Not everyone is 20 years old in perfect health going into covid. Then if you do get it after a vaccine it going to shake it off a lot faster and be far less deadly because your body does have some of the antibodies in it needed. If a vaccine lowers my chances of getting it and dying then its a easy choice for me. But what if you are healthy I have a cousin right before chistmas not taking it near serious enough they eat out don't wear mask so on. She comes home to her folks for Christmas. Wonderful people her folks. Both her folks got it and after almost 50years of marriage the mom passed away after being flown to a out of state hospital where all her organs failed and could not come off the vent. while her husband is in another hospital being treated himself. They cant talk one has a vent. I have known these people since I married my wife it is just painful People just becaus4e you are healthy and might bounce right back yo can still give it to loved ones that are in another category.... I promise you you don't want the guilt my cousin feels for bringing that shit home to her folks that can't fight it off do to age It's your body and if you don't want I will respect it but I really suggest doing some real research . Look for a verified number of deaths do to the covid vaccine vs the covid 19 strain. I don't regret taking it I intend to do a booster when ever they recommend it.

I sorry I took off I am not preaching to you Babyann. Just agreeing with you.
I don’t see it as preaching; it is a good message. Maybe what I am trying to say is that people seem to think that taking or not taking the vaccine will only effect them. It really doesn’t. So, thank you @Diaperman95 for taking the vaccine. You are my newest hero!! You are helping to protect me!

Reactions: Diaperman95
My biggest worry is that the vaccine got made very quickly, side effects can be severe, and we still don’t know what the long term effects are.

Sure one could argue that getting the vaccine and having side effects is better than the virus but that also assumes you’re going to contract it. I’m still on the fence about getting it because the science worries me.

That’s just my natural skepticism. After hearing about all sorts of complications I don’t feel safe taking it.

Last edited:
Back