What are your games to survive the Lock down?

EaglesFan300 said:
The original Jak and Daxter was so good! I find myself replaying that game from time to time to get the nostalgia flowing.

I've also been trying out some games that I have not played before, including the original Animal Crossing for the GameCube.
I know, I try to play through it at least once a year to 100% and it was my favorite of the trilogy.

Reactions: Deleted member 51008
Cottontail said:
Finally got the Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo to download (my internet service is flaky). I haven't gotten absorbed into a game for about six months, but have been looking forward to this one since it was announced five years ago. And all signs point to still being stuck at home on April 10, the release date, so...

(Just completed the Demo. I'm sure I'll play through it a few more times for practice.)

And what are your thoughts?
As a child of the original, i can't bring myself to like the Remake.
But i must confess, i only watched some trailers (gameplay included)
Did not play it.

GermanDL said:
There's no replacing the original. You have to think of it as a new game--granted, with extremely similar storyline. :)

The graphical style of the original definitely made the game more playful-seeming, even though the plot was serious and full of adult themes. This new one is altogether serious in tone--very moody, at least as far as the demo goes. It will be interesting to see how the remainder of the game plays out.

In short: I'm excited for it, but as somebody who doesn't play games much anymore, I do wonder if I'll have the stamina to finish it. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: I should mention that the localization of Remake looks really, really good. At least the English version. The voice acting is good, all the characters are lip-synced, and even their body movements are timed to the words. It might seem funny to get excited about localization, but that's one aspect of the original that actually sucked. So it's great to see them really polish it this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: GermanDL
I've been building with Lego sets, between walking around the cemetery near my house.

Reactions: Midwest82 and Lyokodl
I have been playing Raft on pc lately and also pokemon on switch. But i am still working alot during these times.

GermanDL said:
At the Moment i Play Dark Souls Remastered on PC with a friend who never played it before,
lot of funny moments ^^

And for Single Player i have started to play my Old Tales of Symphonia on PS3 again ^^
if time and motivation is with me, i plan to play all Tales of Games i have in chronological order
before Tales of Arise is out.

If u don't know the Tales of Series u should check out if u like long JRPG's with a focus on story and great gameplay
also i never had a Tales of were i would not love the cast.
And its not turn based, its actually a very smooth, and fast real time battle system.

What are you guys playing to get other thoughts, and to save Humanity by staying at home ^^
risk , monopoly, scrabble, yawtzee , go on walks in nature, wood carve, or any craft will do, meditate, journal

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Definitely animal crossing new horizons, it's been the thing keeping me grounded to reality and knowing what time or day it is. Also been playing a lot of halo SWAT matchmaking on PC, and I aim to play through both borderlands 2 and the pre sequel from start to finish before the lockdown is over.

Reactions: Lyokodl and skilganon
skilganon said:
risk , monopoly, scrabble, yawtzee , go on walks in nature, wood carve, or any craft will do, meditate, journal
xbox360 reckoning, I like fable two, and fable three, if you play fable two buy guns and go up to Fairfax garden and sell them to a merchant you can be rich in a few hours.

my back is messed up right now, have to see a chiropractor in the morning

ZoeGrace said:
Definitely animal crossing new horizons, it's been the thing keeping me grounded to reality and knowing what time or day it is. Also been playing a lot of halo SWAT matchmaking on PC, and I aim to play through both borderlands 2 and the pre sequel from start to finish before the lockdown is over.
nice picture, I notified little for big , that they need to stop trying to sell cloths and take better pictures of people in diapers and they would sell more, the people who are doing the ads for wish diapers have the right look , but there prices are to high

GermanDL said:
As a child of the original, i can't bring myself to like the Remake.
But i must confess, i only watched some trailers (gameplay included)
Did not play it.
I was in Germany last year, guppingam

BobbiSueEllen said:
It's not a 'lockdown' per-se but rather a "Stay-at-Home/Shelter-in-Place Order", although most features of the latter make it feel like a lockdown and give the whole thing a "rose-by-any-other-name" feel. Either way, it sucks. Not sure how other states handle violations of the Stay-at-Home Order but here in Idaho, there are exemptions, such as begin an essential-business employee, obtaining essential provisions, medical trips and commuting to provide childcare (myself being the latter) among them; however, this state considers violations as misdemeanors...just not sure what class/degree misdemeanors. Or if they involve a court appearance and/or arrest.

Latest news article I read (released an hour ago, KTVZ-TV), 23 states are under statewide Shelter-in-Place/Stay-at-Home Order; no current, timely information was given on states under no Order at all but many states have counties enforcing SiPO/SaHO while the remainder counties have no restrictions at all.

I should load up Flight Simulator, choose a commercial jet and practice my Pyongyang-to-Beijing flight. :cool:
I live in Alaska, don't have to worry about that yet, only 100 cases so far and a lot of wilderness to walk in we still have about three feet of snow, hard pack

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Far Cry 5 and ND.
Fallout 3, 4 and NV.
The Bioshock collection.
The Batman Arkham games.
Plenty to keep me going for a while yet 😁

world of warcraft, battle for azeroth, good time to lvl my char's
while wearing diapers of corse

jspoter said:
world of warcraft, battle for azeroth, good time to lvl my char's
while wearing diapers of corse
Wow classic FTW. Lol though I've just jumped back into the Division 2.

Reactions: GermanDL and BobbiSueEllen
Furrytum said:
Far Cry 5 and ND.
Fallout 3, 4 and NV.
The Bioshock collection.
The Batman Arkham games.
Plenty to keep me going for a while yet 😁
New Vegas is the best Western RPG iv'e ever played.
I won the final battle with just talking down Lanius.
Talking, my best RPG skill ^^'
too bad in Fallou 4 Talking is reduced to: yes, no, tell me more & satire

Reactions: Furrytum and Midwest82
footedpjs said:
I re-discovered The Division 2. Been playing the new content.
Division 2 is fun. I started playing a few weeks ago and I enjoy it.

Reactions: Midwest82
GermanDL said:
Reading is Awesome.
Love Stephen King, and Wolfgang Hohlbein & Agatha Christie (but i just started with her)
Fantasy Novels are the best ^^
I also love Stephen King and Fantasy novels. ON egreat author is Richard Paul Evans. My favorite series of his is the Michael Vey series. There are 7 books in the series.

World of Tanks (PC) and Xbox one.
cleaning my guns
rebuilding the engine on the 67 Chevelle
smoking my 450 pounds of venison
Taking care of my kids
watching all the movies I've missed

I've been grinding the heck out of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. The series is a huge time sink. I put over 2000 hours into MH4U alone. I've also been playing through borderlands 1 and 2 (3 is a horrible excuse for a game), Bioshock 1-Infinite, The Witcher 3, and Monster Hunter World.

Reactions: TexasToast11
Back