What are we going to do when dipers are banned?

Well dont worry, the worst outcome is diapers will just change into different environment friendly materials, thats it, for example Pampers Harmony

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Chalsed said:
Well dont worry, the worst outcome is diapers will just change into different environment friendly materials, thats it, for example Pampers Harmony
Hate to break it to you but Pampers Harmonie is basically the same diaper as regular pampers the only difference with the actual diaper is using cotton for the fabric parts rather that polypropylene synthetic non woven fibers and polyethylene film. as already pointed out those outer fabrics are already the fastest part to break down anyway. The rest is basically the same and still contains the most toxic and hardest to decompose materials like the SAP and elastics of the diaper.

The biggest step made with the Harmonie is the use of biodegradable materials for packaging and of using renewable energy to manufacture and zero landfill production waste, atlhough in the same sentence they say Zero landfill waste they also say only 75% of production waste material is recycled so where does that last 25% go?

Last edited:
SparkyDog said:
You'd be surprised just how much adult diaper manufacturers actually know about their customers. They know how many use their products just like baby diaper companies do.
When I talked about people not knowing I was referring to the UK government not the ABDL companies.

Can we NOT get a diaper tax? At least with a plastic bag tax, it makes sense. Adding a tax to plastic bags makes people more conscious about taking all the bags they can get.

But a diaper tax? It's not like it's going to make people use less diapers. This makes no sense, only increases costs.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and JimboJ
Hopefully it is not going to happen. Just in case: I will buy as much diapers as I need until my last day and store it somewhere dry.

I think smokers will be banned before those who dip are; dipping is still a concealable practice.

Just my .02. Happy Christmas, everyone!

Banning disposable diapers/incontinence products will never happen in the UK despite what the environmentalists may want simply because if it were seriously proposed there would be an immediate claim of discrimination filed as a group action on behalf of disabled people which would be successful in short order. There is a tax on plastic packaging coming in which is already in effect in Germany- we have to pay an amount per kg of plastic packaging waste generated by our products each year towards recycling costs. There are no exemptions for medical products etc which are required under EU law to be packaged in certain ways for cleanliness.

Research has shown that environmental impact wise cloth diapers vs standard disposable diapers are about the same (lots of water and power used to launder cloth, a surprising amount of water used in disposable production). The scale moves in favour of disposables when you dispose of them in waste-to-energy or other incineration rather than landfill, is even better when they go through AHP recycling and continues to move towards them when fluff is not bleached, when outer plastic packaging is swapped to cardboard and if less conventional plastic films are used.
You do have to be very careful with degradeable plastic films, ones that have the strength required for diapers have an unfortunate tendancy to degrade into microplastics rather than fully degrading- and that is worse for the environement than a whole diaper sitting in landfill for a few hundred years.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, db80, BunnyFofo and 1 other person
DLonly said:
Hopefully it is not going to happen. Just in case: I will buy as much diapers as I need until my last day and store it somewhere dry.
Sorry but that won’t work. Diapers are a bit like plastic explosive they have a shelf life of a few years. After a few years they will no longer work.

My diapers go to an incinerator which produces electricity for the area, maybe we need more incinerators instead of just burying everything? What is the better environmental option? I don’t know, but my house stays warm!

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, dogboy, BunnyFofo and 1 other person
Chocobo114 said:
maybe we need more incinerators instead of just burying everything?

The best way to dispose of waste is to create less of it in the first place.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
This seems to comes around every so often as a discussion topic and honestly I cannot see a disposable diaper/nappy ban ever coming to fruition simply because the convenience factor of disposables are hared to replicate with cloth even if you had appropriate infrastructure or services, I just cannot see parents wanting to carry their child's used nappy or nappies home with them in a wet bag to be sorted out at home even if they had a laundry service, same for incontinent people really so unless someone like PHS who supply waste bins to shops, restaurants and other establishments come up with a cloth nappy service where you can 'dispose' of it wherever I just can't see it working.

I get the parallels between a theoretical disposable nappy tax and the single use plastic bag tax which has moderated peoples behaviour successfully but I don't think behavioural taxes always work, the soft drinks industry levy aka the 'sugar tax' doesn't appear to make a difference in peoples choices for example.

Reactions: JimboJ and CheekyCharlie
I'm not in the UK but that's ridiculous! Some people genuinely NEED them. It's like putting such high taxes on female sanitary products as if we could control being born female or bleeding once per month.

I will agree, it is selfish for us that use them for "pretend" as they aren't that great for the environment, but don't punish those with genuine needs. Cloth isn't always practical for children or adults in this modern world.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and lulu22
Ok people ….Are you giving me the ok to start buying case after case ? Should I sound the abandon ship alarm now ?

…. where should I buy from , decisions , decisions .

Just to clarify …. There will be “NO” more diapers available 🤭😯

qwertyqwerty said:
…. where should I buy from , decisions , decisions .
Just don't store them where... the sky is falling.. the sky is falling

It's sad but not surprising that there's real panic and hatred over the baseless rumor spread by the OP.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
That's not going to happen. Too many mum's to fight it.

Reactions: JimboJ
Prillprillprill said:
That's not going to happen. Too many mum's to fight it.
I do hope so! But just think about the trend in Europe for greenwashing... In 15 years you will not be able to buy any petrol-powered car in Europe... I am afraid this trend won't stop at diapers.

Newbaby110521 said:
Sorry but that won’t work. Diapers are a bit like plastic explosive they have a shelf life of a few years. After a few years they will no longer work.
Agree, those will loose quality but it also depends on the storage conditions. You can still buy 70s Pampers on eBay...

Back