• 31-40

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • 40+

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • >10

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WHEN I WAS 5, MY YOUNGER SISTER AND BROTHER WERE GETTING DIAPERED FOR bed, i asked to wear diapers, and parents said you are a big boy now, you don't need diapers, from then on, i started putting on my brothers wet ones when i could. My mother bragged that she had me potty trained at 9 months, if so, it was her that was trained to take me to the bathroom at certian times, i am sure that these two things are why i love to wet diapers and wear diapers, to get love- although that has not happened yet- get just the opposite!!!

Reactions: Paddedamax
lonnie said:
When ever we went to visit that particular aunt we all knew what the rule of the house was, even though I enjoyed being diapered I had to make out like it was not what I needed.
It was not until my late teenage years I found out she made her own kids wear diapers to bed until they reached the age of 10.

I had the same thing once, I had to sleep in a crib when I was 9 at my grand parents place as there was no beds available due to the number of kids staying over at my grandparents. I woke up in the night to a wet bed so my mum though I should wear a diaper. In the morning my mum and grandmother thought it was so cute me in the crib in a diaper. I remember them looking over the rails of the crib at me.
I pretended to not like it but I was in heaven.
The next few nights due to the wet bed I was diapered before bed and slept in the crib. On the last day I even got dressed and kept the diaper on until my mum realised, she changed me into underwear for the trip home.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARBBB2 and Liddlefoot
Skunkdude said:
It is considered abuse, today, but it wasn't then. Back in the seventies and earlier, parents and adults in general had wide latitude to raise their kids as they saw fit. Keep that in mind when judging older generations. Back in the seventies and before, it was nobody else's business whether adults made kids wear diapers, or not.
I could concede that abuse was more widespread if you provided the evidence, but I don't accept that forcing a child to wear diapers back then somehow wasn't the same abuse as it would be now, the range parenting varied, yes, because in general there was less' cotton wooling', bur forcing infantising a child is abuse in any time regardless of when it happened, unless there was ever a time where infantising a child is actually the norm, which I don't believe there has been.

As another example, child labour used to be common because of lax legal requirements and desires of families to better feed/cloth themselves, that doesn't mean it's ethical. This isn't something like smacking a child where more recently it had been shown that resentment, anger, and desentisation to violence brews over time, it's not difficult to understand that putting a child in diaper is deliberately messing with their head.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARBBB2 and TyphaHare
Lewis Badger said:
as much as many of us here wish we had more opportunities to wear diapers when we were younger because we could've fit into actual diapers, forcing kids who are proven to not need diapers is just straight up abuse...
That is your opinion and not worth arguing about.

I do wonder about the mental processes at play here.

My fixation with nappies started neither as a result of being taken out of them early, nor being forced into them unwillingly.

Did anyone here actually start having a nappy fetish because they were forced into them unwillingly?

Not fishing for stories, by the way, I’m genuinely curious as to the proportions so a “yes” or “no” would suffice if you prefer.

Lewis Badger said:
...bur forcing infantising a child is abuse in any time regardless of when it happened,
Apparently, you saw something in the post that I did not. My understanding is that the aunt was some kind of clean-home obsessed person who sought to keep her bed and linens from being spoiled by someone else's kids. Where did you get the idea that someone was forcing infantilism on children?

Reactions: Jim100
PCS said:
Did anyone here actually start having a nappy fetish because they were forced into them unwillingly?
No, for me.

I am aware of forced diapers for dominion purposes, though. In fact, a movie was made based on a real life story of a woman who forced her son to wear diapers and act like a baby, and used a cattle prod for punishment if he did not. The movie is called, "The Baby," and was produced in 1972. I remember when the real life situation came out in the news in Los Angeles. The movie version, of course, has been modified with several fictional plot twists. But the underlying story that served as inspiration for the movie script was real.

In the above case, the real-life woman was tried and convicted of child abuse.

I always knew that I had an attraction to diapers from a young age, where I would get a boner just thinking of them, and that's going back to like age 3-4. I don't know when I was taken out of diapers per se, or pull-ups, but I was a bed-wetter and would wear Goodnites to bed every night until I was around 8. I would find excuses to wear one during the day, and often, I would put it on early so I could watch TV late at night and enjoy being awake while wetting. When I had my wisdom teeth removed at 16 I had to sleep upright in the chair, and being heavy at the time, and a heavy sleeper especially with the pain killers, I was worried about having an accident in the chair, so I staged it like I caught myself. Next day, had a pack of Depends. They were terrible. The urge to wear went off and on, I remember having a serious binge one week around the holidays when I was 18 where I was nearly 24/7 for a week, and loved every minute. Not too long ago, 2015 I want to say, I made a significant body transformation and I am quite the skinny individual anymore. With stress, not coping well and drinking heavy some nights, and sleeping deep after recovering from a very strenuous case of pneumonia, I was tired of waking up in wet sheets, and it was obvious that simply wearing a diaper was a simple solution. Parents were gone, and I ordered a few cases of Goodnites from amazon (the 34 ct boxes), and I haven't looked back since, might have to get guarded if I have an order arriving, but they've made life much better. I can typically predict nights I'll have an issue, either my red meat allergy is flared up (like last night, and I'm happy I was padded), I'm super worn down and will be in a deep sleep, I'm stressed due to dynamics with my old man, or I might indulge in a few extra beverages. Beats having to sleep in a damp bed the next night, or having to wake up and immediately shower just to remove the aroma. It's been a fun journey, and while I thought I was purely DL, I have been partaking in the AB side a bit with a pacifier, and I'm going to order a onesie when I have the spare cash. It all feels very therapeutic.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Sidewinder
FudgedInLuvs said:
I always knew that I had an attraction to diapers from a young age, where I would get a boner just thinking of them.
So do I. :)

Reactions: LuvMyDiapers
Skunkdude said:
Apparently, you saw something in the post that I did not. My understanding is that the aunt was some kind of clean-home obsessed person who sought to keep her bed and linens from being spoiled by someone else's kids. Where did you get the idea that someone was forcing infantilism on children?
diapers to children are inherently related to infants, I don't know where I would find evidence of that but hopefully we can agree that as a truism, in these cases, the Aunt isn't just having the kids wear diapers on their first stay, from the comment it seemed that she's forcing kids to wear diapers on the first night of every stay regardless of whether they've proven to not need them, and also from the comment, when it was said that she made her own children wear diapers until 10 implies that they didn't need it, she just kept her kids in diapers because she felt like it.

Reactions: Skunkdude
Lewis Badger said:
diapers to children are inherently related to infants, I don't know where I would find evidence of that but hopefully we can agree that as a truism, in these cases, the Aunt isn't just having the kids wear diapers on their first stay, from the comment it seemed that she's forcing kids to wear diapers on the first night of every stay regardless of whether they've proven to not need them, and also from the comment, when it was said that she made her own children wear diapers until 10 implies that they didn't need it, she just kept her kids in diapers because she felt like it.
I have known several women over my lifetime who were obsessive housekeepers. My mother is one. Some people have very quirky thought patterns, and who knows what experiences the aunt had when she was raised. I didn't see any evidence that she was abusing the kids, and I certainly would not want to pronounce someone guilty until proven innocent.

Having said that, I do recognize that there are some abusive people in this world, and some of them may have abused children by forcing them to wear diapers.

To what extent is gender bending considered child abuse? Kids, today, are publicly and intentionally exposed to transgenderism, which is putting thoughts into their heads. What if they were being exposed to diaper play and being convinced they should be in diapers the rest of their life? Is programming for transgender more moral than programming for diapers? One thing is for sure, if transgender programming occurred in the 1970s it would definitely have been considered child abuse. Just something to think about.

Reactions: littledub1955, bedwetter bobby and Jim100
Skunkdude said:
I have known several women over my lifetime who were obsessive housekeepers. My mother is one. Some people have very quirky thought patterns, and who knows what experiences the aunt had when she was raised. I didn't see any evidence that she was abusing the kids, and I certainly would not want to pronounce someone guilty until proven innocent.

Having said that, I do recognize that there are some abusive people in this world, and some of them may have abused children by forcing them to wear diapers.

To what extent is gender bending considered child abuse? Kids, today, are publicly and intentionally exposed to transgenderism, which is putting thoughts into their heads. What if they were being exposed to diaper play and being convinced they should be in diapers the rest of their life? Is programming for transgender more moral than programming for diapers? One thing is for sure, if transgender programming occurred in the 1970s it would definitely have been considered child abuse. Just something to think about.

I agree, without seeing more evidence, we cannot say for sure whether it's abuse or not, but to me it certainly seems to lean that way.

Being exposed to other views are different to forcing someone to behave in a certain way, this is also a greyscale discussion for sure, but for example I believe it's perfectly ok to tell children that some boys prefer to wear dresses or believe they're girls, similarly, it's ok for them to know that some adults like to be in diapers, you don't necessarily need to understand it, sometimes other people just make choices different to yours that are not inherently good or bad.

I think the reason why teaching children that there's inherently immoral about transgender people being considered child abuse is precisely why it needs to be taught, to reduce people's intolerance of difference, whilst, as I've said before, it's a greyscale discussion, I still think that it's not very comparable to what I had previously commented on.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Skunkdude
Skunkdude said:
To what extent is gender bending considered child abuse? Kids, today, are publicly and intentionally exposed to transgenderism, which is putting thoughts into their heads.

No. Just... no.

Last edited:
Reactions: TyphaHare
I'm chiming in late. I suffered from encopresis as a child and in kindergarten and first grade I was occasionally put into diapers at the after school daycare center I attended. It was fairly traumatic. Little was done to respect my privacy or to protect me from being bullied by the other kids. Then in second grade a visiting cousin thought it would be fun to wear diapers, so we put on two of his little brother's diapers and we pretended to be babies. That was the turning point for me in terms of liking diapers. After the cousin's visit I was hyper diaper aware in the sense of noticing children in diapers and being curious in the grocery store when we went down the diaper aisle. My wife, who is a therapist, wonders if my interest in diapers was a way for me to process and rework the earlier trauma at the daycare center. She sometimes sees survivors strongly attracted to experiences that replicate early trauma, as strange as that sounds.

When I was 14 I started to babysit a few children from our church, which gave me chance to steal diapers that I wore secretly at night. One day my mom found a couple diapers under my bed when cleaning up my room and she was concerned I had a medical condition I was too embarrassed to mention, so she brought me to the doctor. I tried to say that I was just curious, but they didn't buy it. I had to do several tests which all came out fine and my mom eventually dropped it. That summer I pitched a little tent in the woods behind our house and slept there every night. That gave me some privacy and I started riding my bike to the grocery store to buy diapers I could wear at night. I never stopped after that. I kept my diapers hidden up in the attic throughout high school. (Decades later my brother found the remnants of my stash up in the attic when he replaced the insulation. That was an interesting conversation. He had no idea why there were several bags of adult diapers up there in the crawl space.

When I left for college I dropped my diaper habit until I graduated and had my own space and I've been wearing ever since. My wife has been very understanding.

The whole developmental side of things is fascinating to me. I've often wondered if it's a matter of early imprinting, or something that gets reinforced during the impressionable period of development that happens in early adolescence.

Reactions: Paddedamax, bedwetter bobby, TyphaHare and 2 others
lill said:
The whole developmental side of things is fascinating to me. I've often wondered if it's a matter of early imprinting, or something that gets reinforced during the impressionable period of development that happens in early adolescence.
Glad to hear you have a therapist wife. It is good to hear different perspectives on what leads to diaper wearing, and particularly from people who have studied the phenomena, or even just studies the general behaviors of people.

As an astrologer, I quickly found that my diaper wearing tendencies were strongly reflected in my birth chart. Does this mean that certain people are predisposed to certain lifestyles? I cannot conclusively answer this question, but it is a question that keeps coming up for me.

After a 30 years hiatus, 58, these have been 2 of the best years of my life.

Reactions: littledub1955
When I was a kid I was always watching diaper commercials secretly jealous of the little babies, and one day my mom caught me looking at a pack of diapers in a store and got mad. Around age 21 or so I decided well, this (adult baby/toddler) could be who I am. And initially I wanted to lose several inches off my waist so I could fit into the size 4T-5T boys' Easy-Ups by Pampers which at this time had the Go Diego Go designs on them. But I was living in a horrible rest home where I could not order diapers without eventually getting caught and getting in trouble as I was not incon and therefore did not have an excuse to wear them, so sadly I was forced to go without for the time being. But in 2017, when I was 26 years old, I became terribly ill and almost died. Two years later I have mostly recovered but have been incon ever since that awful illness. So that's my story, anywho :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Liddlefoot, Jim100 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
memorychick said:
When I was a kid I was always watching diaper commercials secretly jealous of the little babies

These were a huge factor for me too. Although my parents had used cloth diapers and plastic pants on me in the 70s, and I had started wanting to be diapered with these at about age 5, when puberty hit there were commercials for disposables on every TV, so that's what I started to want.

Well the poll is closed but it would be hard for me to pick one segment. At age 5 -6 I was back in plastic underpants over my training underwear like when I was 4 years old and had a bit of a break with just regular underwear for about a year thru age 5 before nighttime accidents showed I needed protection again. At age 7 I had another break but at a friend's sleepover when I was 8 I had nighttime accidents again that his mother had me wear a full diaper and plastic underpants for subsequent sleepovers (which turned out for the best). I had a plastic mattress cover on my bed until about age 12 and had a break but then bought my own plastic underpants at age 13 due to misunderstanding wet dreams. At age 15 I was fine until age 18 and had nighttime accidents again starting college that I put myself back into a snap-on diaper and plastic underpants because it was the best for me at the time. So if diapers AND plastic underpants are the setup I guess age 8 was my first time back into these undergarments together since I was about 2 years old.

dl44 said:
When I was around 7 or 8 I think, I was looking through cupboards and things, as any curious kid would. I found a pack of diapers, no idea what brand. I snuck a few into the top bunk of my bunk bed and put one on.
I recall having had a similar experience, when I was about 3 or 4.

At the time, I was rummaging through a cedar chest full of various things, when I found a package of Pampers diapers. I put one on and to my surprise, It fit me perfectly. That's all I really remember about that experience.

Last edited:
Back