What a disgrace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think that it will be a good movie, but as a dragon ball Z fan, it's not the same. *sigh*

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't see whats wrong with it. They said they were making a live action dragon ball movie and they did exactly that.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
what the hell was that?
First of all, with the little plot that they actually took from the show, it's apparently starting at the very beginning of the Dragonball series. So. Why is Goku not a kid? and why is Bulma not a kid? secondly? 7 mystics creating the dragonballs? They could of just put Kami the god of the Earth creating the dragonballs and Piccolo splitting from him before that and having a desire to destroy the planet that he hates. But no... Instead of using the good plot already before them they just put. "7 mystics." Out of no where. Also. Where is Goku's tail? That is absolutely crucial to the Dragonball storyline. This looks like it could have actually missed out on more plot and facts than the movie Eragon did in comparison to the book...

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Yay...leave it to America to ruling something that was once good.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There's people crying that Goku is being played my a white kid. My question to every dragonball fan is what human race is Goku?

oh that's right he's not even human at all!

As for the movie not being what you wanted, did you just want them to rip off every episode word for word while filming it in live action? Also I am pretty sure they will start with them as kids but they will do a montage of them growing up.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well, yeah he's played by a white guy...But when you think of the anime, you think asians...But that's not really why I think it will be bad...The fights look pretty lame...The acting doesn't look that great...And I'd like some of the guys to look at least somewhat like their anime counterparts...Like Roshi and Bulma...Roshi is supposed to be really old...This one looks like he's maybe in his late 40's...Bulma also has blue hair...But this one doesn't look much like her, and they seem to have a lot of weapons in this...In the anime, they main used their fists, while Goku has his pole thing, and Bulma might have had a gun...It just doesn't feel right

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
You and me have already discussed this, but once again I'd just like to say:
lolno.
--DeiDei

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I can see your points but people should of expected this. How many good live action movies based upon anime or video games have been decent?

I think that's just been Death Note and the first two resident evil movies. Resident evil didn't directly ripoff the games but it made mentions of some of the games content. So anyways dragon ball may be like that, not as good as the show but well enough to stand on its own. (the 3rd resident evil however sucked ass not to mention they made Wesker look really stupid.)

P.S. crazy fanboys are still going to see it even if they pirate it.

F

FullMetal

The actual DragonBall story, the first one, was such a cool concept- they could have stuck with that and made an amazing movie but really, it was my childhood show and I loved it so, if they came out with a movie where Goku pooped out little toothbrushes and they tried to rule the world, I would watch it...That was a huge run on sentence, look where it ends!

-The Sun-

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I can see your points but people should of expected this. How many good live action movies based upon anime or video games have been decent?

I think that's just been Death Note and the first two resident evil movies. Resident evil didn't directly ripoff the games but it made mentions of some of the games content. So anyways dragon ball may be like that, not as good as the show but well enough to stand on its own. (the 3rd resident evil however sucked ass not to mention they made Wesker look really stupid.)

P.S. crazy fanboys are still going to see it even if they pirate it.
Really? You think Death Note was a good adaption? I thought it kind of sucked...Maybe it was how the Shinigami looked next to the people that got me...I didn't fine Resident Evil that good either...But whatever...I'm sure Dragonball will be in the top 5 in the box office, but I don't think it'll get great reviews

You were expecting this to follow the actual story?
I wasn't, I just wish it would at least look like the show...But that's just me

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I am going to hope for all hope that this again proves the point that the new Alvin and the chipmunks movie should have conveyed: Cartoons should stay F*cking cartoons. I highly doubt that this will be able to adequetly fill the very large shoes of DBZ, and people are likely to then get pissed. Please, hollywood, stop using your fancy computers to try and remake every classic cartoon series into a mockery of its former self.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I think it looks good, I just hope it's better then the 1989 Dragonball movie.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Isn't the movie about the fight between Goku and Junior?
If so, is nothing releated to Dragonball Z, since the serie starts with the landing of Radish on the Earth and the battle against him.

The battle between Goku and Junior takes place in the first serie Finale, when Goku wins the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.