Wetting while laying in bed.

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hello everyone!! I have a couple questions about wetting a diaper while laying in bed. I tried the other day, and I just couldn’t do it. I’m one of the people that can wet my diaper while driving and sitting, but this was the first time trying while in bed. I think I’m afraid that I’ll become a bed wetter and that’s stopping me.

Will that happen? Will wetting in bed lead to bed wetting issues? I’d really love to hear everyone’s thoughts. I really don’t want to ruin mattresses or get my wife wet.

Probably not,

Reactions: TigerDL and BabyHailey1977
Years ago, I was able to induce some limited bedwetting after about 3 months of work. I drank 1 to 1 1/2 glasses of water, sometimes substituting a little caffinated soda, then falling asleep while trying to keep my bladder relaxed and repeating, "don't hold back, don't wake up, stay relaxed", etc. Originally to even wet on my back involved jumping out of bed to start the flow, then gently slinking back in to finish. I was able to sleep wet once (?) a night on most nights, but everything had to be just right. I don't know what might have happened if it continued long term, but every time I wasn't diapered just meant 2 or 3 trips to the toilet overnight, which subsided over a couple weeks. YMMV, but it's not going to be an instant process. Your age and any previous bedwetting issues could be contributing
factors.

Since you don't have trouble releasing in the car and potentially leaking on the seat, maybe the fact that your bed is shared is the issue? You could use plastic pants, a disposable or washable bed pad, etc. to mitigate this in your mind. Or maybe discuss it with your wife, if you think that could be a productive conversation.

depends4me said:
Years ago, I was able to induce some limited bedwetting after about 3 months of work. I drank 1 to 1 1/2 glasses of water, sometimes substituting a little caffinated soda, then falling asleep while trying to keep my bladder relaxed and repeating, "don't hold back, don't wake up, stay relaxed", etc. Originally to even wet on my back involved jumping out of bed to start the flow, then gently slinking back in to finish. I was able to sleep wet once (?) a night on most nights, but everything had to be just right. I don't know what might have happened if it continued long term, but every time I wasn't diapered just meant 2 or 3 trips to the toilet overnight, which subsided over a couple weeks. YMMV, but it's not going to be an instant process. Your age and any previous bedwetting issues could be contributing
factors.

Since you don't have trouble releasing in the car and potentially leaking on the seat, maybe the fact that your bed is shared is the issue? You could use plastic pants, a disposable or washable bed pad, etc. to mitigate this in your mind. Or maybe discuss it with your wife, if you think that could be a productive conversation.
That’s true. I’ll have to have a conversation. I did wet the bed once and she didn’t seem to mind. But it’s been a really long time.

IDDiaperboy said:
Hello everyone!! I have a couple questions about wetting a diaper while laying in bed. I tried the other day, and I just couldn’t do it. I’m one of the people that can wet my diaper while driving and sitting, but this was the first time trying while in bed. I think I’m afraid that I’ll become a bed wetter and that’s stopping me.

Will that happen? Will wetting in bed lead to bed wetting issues? I’d really love to hear everyone’s thoughts. I really don’t want to ruin mattresses or get my wife wet.
The alternative of course is to flood the nappy before getting into bed and then just go to sleep wearing it. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of waking up wet but not having to strip the entire bed.
As for whether you are likely to develop a bed wetting problem, I do now very often go to sleep in a dry nappy and wake up wet but never used to suffer from nocturnal enuresis. But then I was able to let go while lying down so whether the wet sensation would on its own achieve the same outcome, I’m not so sure.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
BabyFee said:
The alternative of course is to flood the nappy before getting into bed and then just go to sleep wearing it. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of waking up wet but not having to strip the entire bed.
As for whether you are likely to develop a bed wetting problem, I do now very often go to sleep in a dry nappy and wake up wet but never used to suffer from nocturnal enuresis. But then I was able to let go while lying down so whether the wet sensation would on its own achieve the same outcome, I’m not so sure.
Thank you. I can try that. I’m just afraid that I’ll set the bed when I’m not wearing a diaper. Scary

As long as you do it on purpose, you will never become a bedwetter.

Just get use to waking up halfway during the night, wet next to the bed then in half asleep climb back in and go back to bed, you'll get use to that and soon wont really remember waking up and it will feel like bedwetting in the am.

Hendric said:
As long as you do it on purpose, you will never become a bedwetter.
Sweet

Reactions: chamberpot
pampers4U said:
Just get use to waking up halfway during the night, wet next to the bed then in half asleep climb back in and go back to bed, you'll get use to that and soon wont really remember waking up and it will feel like bedwetting in the am.
Great idea

Be aware, as an adult, once you start bed wetting in your sleep, it is very difficult to stop .
From what others have posted in these forums, if you force yourself to urinate while laying down enough times, eventually it will get point you will no longer have to try very hard.

My bladder leaks and voids during the night - it doesn't help my kidneys overproduce urine at night. I have to wear very very heavy protection .

KitsuneFox said:
Be aware, as an adult, once you start bed wetting in your sleep, it is very difficult to stop .
From what others have posted in these forums, if you force yourself to urinate while laying down enough times, eventually it will get point you will no longer have to try very hard.

My bladder leaks and voids during the night - it doesn't help my kidneys overproduce urine at night. I have to wear very very heavy protection .
Thank you. That’s what I’m afraid of honestly.

If wetting at all is an issue laying down, try putting a disposable bed mat under you. It may be the psychological “what if it leaks?” that is stopping it happening.

Also, don’t just drink loads and hold on in the hope that you will just be able to let go when desperate- that locks everything tighter.

Drink loads, yes, but let go whenever the feeling takes you (sitting or standing) and you will find letting go whilst lying down easier.

Also, don’t go to bed on a full bladder or you will find it difficult to sleep and also difficult to wet. Get everything flowing freely by keeping hydrated (but don’t overdo it) and make sure you wee (whether in the toilet or your nappy) before getting into bed.

I wear nappies to bed most nights (usually a Drylife L4 plastic or a Forma Care X3 plastic) and always wake up wet when I do.

Sometimes I’m soaked, other times just a bit wet. I can never remember doing it but it is possible that I wake, wet and go back to sleep (which is what I used to do some time ago) and just not remember.

I suppose it is like being a real bedwetter in nappies and it suits me fine. I have got putting nappies on down to a fine art and never have any leaks with these two brands.

Although not a late bedwetter, I have always had to wake at least once in the night for a wee, so this actually means I get a great night’s sleep.

From time to time, just to make sure I have not become a real bedwetter, I go without and put down a washable bed pad that I keep for this. I have never had an accident when doing this.

Reactions: Diaperboy1
KitsuneFox said:
I forced myself to draw and write left handed and after a while it started to get easier. Does that mean I'm losing control of it? Not having to try hard means that you have more control, i.e. you can release your bladder on demand.

The common factor in the "oh no I made myself incontinent" posts that don't reek of somebodys fap fantasy is that they trained their bladder to stay open for constant dribbles, which is a completely different thing than holding and consciously releasing (something that the bladder is designed to do and that every continent person does on a multiple times a day basis).

irnub said:
The common factor in the "oh no I made myself incontinent" posts that don't reek of somebodys fap fantasy is that they trained their bladder to stay open for constant dribbles, which is a completely different thing than holding and consciously releasing (something that the bladder is designed to do and that every continent person does on a multiple times a day basis).
I'm living with someone who is diaper incontinent ... it's a real thing that can happen ... you can research the wonderful world of muscle atrophy, and how it applies to the inner and outer sphincter muscles of the bladder when they are not used for an extended period of time .

This post is about bed wetting ... which when someone who is continent attempts to do it, what eventually happens is their brains only wake up enough to release urine ... it's an incredibly hard thing to stop once it starts to happen .

Wetting a diaper in bed will not cause bedwetting, any more than the parents who shame and punish their kids for bedwetting can cure it. It's a physiological problem much more than a psychological one, and wrong a diaper will never cause the physiological problem.

i mostly wet my diaper in bed,
but i never did it without my own will and control.

When i sleep without a diaper, i wake up at least twice
at night and go pee in the toilet.

Thanks everyone. I tried again this morning but couldn’t go. As soon as I stood up, I flooded my diaper. I guess it will take some time.

Barrington's nucleus. It is the center of the brain that controls night time continence. It is not reachable by any external means. It is there as a result of evolution over a very long time. It becomes active the first night that the child experiences a dry bed and remains active for most of our lives.

I’ve been wearing diapers to bed 5 or 6 nights out of seven and when I have to go at night I wake up regardless of whether I am diapered or not. If I am diapered I just let loose, enjoy the warmth and then fall back asleep. If I am not diapered then I get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I have no desire to be able to unconciously wet in my sleep as this would be a problem if I ever were to sleep without a diaper.
I used to worry about leaks when I used drugstore diapers but ever since i started with premium ABDL diapers, no leaks, even though I am a side sleeper. But even with the leaky diapers I managed to position myself so they would not leak and then go back to sleep.
In summary you should not lose control at night just because you wet in a diaper at night.

Back