Wetting more than once in a diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Most reviews I've seen, and many comments from users frequently mention how many times you can wet in a certain brand/ kind of diaper.

I was wondering how many diaper users use their diaper more than once before changing, and why. (Or, adversely, who you change after one use).

I don't like Shin to stay in his more than about 30 minutes, mainly for sanitary reasons (and I wouldn't let a real child sit in a wet diaper) and I'm sort of confused.

EDIT: He is uncircumcised, and I was thinking it would be harder to clean/ easier to get an infection if he stayed in it more than an hour.

I am more interested in *B/DL reasons, even though incontinent people are more than welcome to put in their 2 cents. :smile:

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Adult diapers... and adult skin for that matter... are different from baby diapers and baby skin. I know a lot of parents that will change a diaper at the first sign of wetness b/c baby might get a rash.

While this is true... typically adult skin is much more rash resistant... and with the proper application of powder/cream as needed an adult can stay in a wet diaper all day with no problems at all.

The Dry 24/7 "Max Absorbancy" diapers that I use for nights & weekends will absorb tons. They last 8 hours easy and can be pushed to 10 hours without leaking. Why waste something like that?

I shower twice a day and shave my diaper area regularly... I also allow myself a period of 1-2 hours per day undiapered to allow my skin to get some air. This has been extremely effective in preventing any kind of irritation. I don't use creams at all... and rarely ever use powder.

The only problems I have ran into are from staying in a messy diaper for too long. The bacteria in feces can and will irritate your skin very rapidly... so changing out of a messy one ASAP is suggested.

If he's just wet... leave him be until he leaks... that way you are getting the most out of the diaper.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
We shave him pretty regularly, and I'm just worried that diaper rash, on top of razor burn, would be extremely horrible.

I always apply liberal amounts of powder, and I've been letting him stay in them longer without freaking out, now I think it's mostly the psychological/ emotional affect for me.

To me, changing a wet diaper doesn't seem like a waste, but we also get pretty cheap diapers. if we paid $1+ for one, I could see how letting him wear it all day would make more sense.

Leaving someone in a diaper just seems so cruel to me, like, why would you put your child through that? It just seems like punishment or neglect, because I think of him as my responsibility.

I don't think he would mind wearing it longer, I just will have to take "baby steps" and let him go longer each time.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When I put a diaper on it's usually there untill it leaks, so that could be 4 hours or more, after awhile of wetting yourself I find you skin is more seasoned, and do not get rashes as frequently as someone who uses only now and then.

I haven't used diaper cream in at least a year, I don't use powder because it seems to always make the tapes slip or not hold at all.

In the very beginning I was getting some rash, I just put some neosporen on it and it was usually gone the next day, I think the main thing is to let your skin air out, that is the main reason I only use one diaper a day.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
K, maybe this next time I'll let it go longer, but make sure it airs out well.

I want to start doing neosporin anyway, to help the razor burn, but I keep forgetting.

Thanks for everyone's input. = )

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
You are most welcome. I am also "uncut" and if anything the foreskin still being attached to the head of the penis provides more protection... not less.

If he is getting razor burn from shaving try using moisturizing cream and a ladies' razor... just like you do on your legs.

I don't know his exact wetting habits... but if you are using Depends one good wetting may be all they can take... maybe 2 max. So it might be wise to change him anyways. My control isn't very good anymore... I find myself going some every hour... so my diapers can last a long time.

Also... some people enjoy being in a wet diaper more than a dry one... personal preference there.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Also... some people enjoy being in a wet diaper more than a dry one... personal preference there.

Yes I'm one of those guys, as soon as I put it on it's getting wet, thats what it's there for, well for me anyhow.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
I was just worried bacteria would get under there and start to multiply before I changed him. I know urine is pretty clean, and sterile until it hits air, but I was still worried.

We use good shaving cream, but disposable razors. Whats the difference between men's and womens, I just assumed it was the color >_< We use disposables mostly because we weren't shaving him regularly until about a week ago, so one razor would only last his legs, even the nice ones. I think we'll probably start getting nicer ones since we're gonna do it every few days.

We are using an off-brand called Equaline, and I might see if it can take 2 wettings this next time.

He said he didn't mind the wet, so I'll just have to stop being so over-protective lol

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Yeah, I usually use a diaper more than once unless I'm in a hurry for some reason. I don't have the luxury to get changed often, so any time I wear a diaper, it's usually going to be the only one until another time. (though I wear 2 in a row every once in a while, but not often)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it depends on the person...Like me for example, I can sit in them for ages without a change, and I haven't gotten a rash yet (knock on wood)...I'm not saying that it's sanitary or anything, but I know I can at least last that long...But some other people need to be changed a lot, otherwise they get horrible rashes

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Like everyone else said before, it really depends on how much he wets at a time as well as the type of diaper it is. If you invest in more expensive diapers, he could probably last longer. I use Abri Form X Plus with the Abri Let insert, and after one wetting, it pulls it all away from my skin and it still feels completly dry.

Just try out different stuff. I always used powder and baby lotion, and i can stay "wet" up to 8 or 9 hours with no skin irritation.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I like to wear and wet in my diapers. I have found here recently that I have had no problems with any type of a rash. That is when I wear a Bambinos diaper. When I put one on I always intend and wear them for a long time. I wake in the morning with a very wet diaper on all most every morning. I change and shower on work days and stay in my wet diapers for quite a while on weekends. I also use rash cream and powder too. But if I try this with any other disposable or my cloth diapers I end up with a rash. :smile::smile:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Staying in a wet cloth diaper for a few hours is a certain recipe for disaster...

Role
Private
For someone like me who doesn't have the luxury of a sizable supply of diapers, I tend to make everyone one of them count. Like Darkfinn, I have worn 24/7 in the past and like him, I've done it without the use of creams or powders with no adverse affects. I normally don't tend to "flood out" my diapers, so I definitely don't reach their capacity after one wetting. If I were to change it then, it'd be a waste of a diaper.

The "better" brands of diapers (the ones that hold more) are designed for use for extended periods of time. That's why they are given a much greater capacity to hold your fluids. I don't think anyone could flood out a Abri-Form in just one wetting; keeping in mind these diapers are designed for people with incontinence. With incontinence, you don't hold it back and then let it all flood out, but instead it's released in smaller, more periodic bursts. And you certainly don't waste an expensive diaper after one small wetting. That in itself shows that these types of diapers can be worn for a while whilst being wet.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Well, I wet and mess my diapers. I don't really mind sitting in a wet diaper until it gets all cold and uncomfortable. As for mess, I don't like to sit in that, so I'll usually change it in less than 15 minutes.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I often wet a diaper as soon as I put it on and wear it 10 to 12 hours if it don't leak wetting several more times. Cloth included. I don't mess to often and change those pretty quickly if I do. I've never had a rash problem though I get irritations at the leg elastic area some times from plastic pants.

Nam

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i can't understand why anyone would stay in a wet diaper until it leaks! the whole point of wearing diapers is that you don't get pee in your pants, or on your furniture. doesn't your house start to smell like a crusty old hobo after a while?

on the other hand, i don't think it would really be practical to change a baby every time they were wet. correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is that babies, just like incontinent adults, pee in little dribs and drabs rather than all at once. thus the diaper starts getting wet almost as soon as you put it on and gets gradually wetter and wetter.

still, you can't wait until every square milimeter of the padding is wet if you want to avoid leaks: some of it is still going to be dry. i usually push it as long as possible without any serious risk of leakage. once a diaper is getting to the point where it's more wet than dry it starts getting kind of uncomfortable. wet diapers can be kind of fun if you're not used to them, but they get old really fast.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Staying in a wet cloth diaper for a few hours is a certain recipe for disaster...

We haven't even looked at cloth diapers, I seriously thought they stopped using those in, like, 70's XD

Also, my grandmother does our laundry (we live in an aprtment, and it would cost $20+ a week to do laundry there or anywhere), and washing by hand just doesn't do it for me.

Tomorrow we have nothing planned, so I think I'll let him go a few hours, 4 maybe? Then see. Maybe just work up.

And now that I think about it more, I actually enjoy changing him. The bonding is just SO there. Plus, baby powder fights are super cute. = 3

Thanks everyone for your awesome input, I am slowly starting to understand more and more about all of this.

Before Shin brought it up, I had never even heard of infantilism (even though, in hindsight, I have been one since I was about 11).

Everyoen here is SO wonderful, and finding supportive and active people has helped us sososo much.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
We haven't even looked at cloth diapers, I seriously thought they stopped using those in, like, 70's XD

And now that I think about it more, I actually enjoy changing him. The bonding is just SO there.

There are a number of adult cloth diaper manufacturers out there. However unless you like changing often and doing lots of laundry it's just not practical. To make a cloth diaper hold anything near what a respectable disposable does it'd have to be mega thick... which though cute is really hard to deal with.

Bonding and loving time during changing is great... even though we don't do it that often LuvsGurl & I thoroughly enjoy that part of the whole lifestyle.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Depending on the situation, I'll stay in mine for quite a long time. As I've said in the past, the feeling of a wet diaper is just a massive turn-on for me, so when I put a diaper on, masturbation is pretty much imminent. Depending on how much 'private time' i have, I'll stay in a wet one anywhere from 30 minutes to 6+ hours. I often sleep in them as well, it really does help my sleep better.

I remember one day when I had my secure X-Pluses, I wore one to my classes and around my friends all day. I was really nervous in chem lab since my partner was like, omg hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.