Wetting, lying in bed

lian

Lian Boll
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why is it so hard for me to wet my diapers when I am lying on the back? And how does it get easier?

Reactions: diaperdude

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I think thou art scared of leaking, maybe getting extra protection could help thee. Dost thou wear plastic pants when thou triest wetting? Didst thou put a proper cover for thy bed? 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
It takes a while to train your body to relax your bladder enough to be able to wet in that position. Your body has had years of conditioning to make sure you don't wet in any position other then in front of a toilet. You simply have to work at it. If that position is very difficult, then I would suggest working on other positions as well. Then work from there.
You can also try to drink a lot of water, then eventually your bladder will have to go, and be in that position when you do so.
I am at a point where I can go in any position, even sometimes while walking.

• Wow
Reactions: NoAdditional, diaperdude, Hemix and 1 other person

geka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Try to start while standing up, then lay back down this works for me.

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Because as potty trained adults we have been programmed not to wet in bed! I found it exceptionally hard to wet while laying down. For a long time I would have to get up and stand next to the bed before I could go. But I've slowly got to the point where I can release and relieve myself while laying down. But now that I have been able to do that I have more than once while exceptionally tired relieved myself while sleeping. While that's not a problem when diapered it definitely is a problem when not.

Reactions: diaperdude

oldpppants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can go potty in my diaper easily enough lying down when my bladder gets full enough. The problem is I can't always expel all the pee-pee in that position. The other problem is that even diapers that normally don't leak fill up around the back and legs first that way and leaks around the legs happen.

Reactions: Lyric and diaperdude

diaperdude

Diapers are my new underwear
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
lian said:
Why is it so hard for me to wet my diapers when I am lying on the back? And how does it get easier?
This weekend I was able to go on my back lying in bed with my wife. It was the first time ever. Just started wearing with her knowing I’ve been wearing. I’m having some issues and it’s just easier to wear diapers…..and I like them but I still had trouble. I was able to stop and not chance leaking a full bladder. I was only wearing a liv dry pull up diaper. It takes time to relax and definitely drink a big glass of water and don’t empty out before bed. You will be able to with practice.

lian

Lian Boll
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
oldpppants said:
I can go potty in my diaper easily enough lying down when my bladder gets full enough. The problem is I can't always expel all the pee-pee in that position. The other problem is that even diapers that normally don't leak fill up around the back and legs first that way and leaks around the legs happen.
Yes, that is a problem. Especially when I lie on my side. So I only do it when I'm lying on my back. And before that, I sort everything so that it's nicely centered down. Then I make sure that the diaper is nice and tight so that it doesn't fall down freely in the diaper, but runs along the fleece nicely. So everything is sucked up nice and fast.

I find it just sooo nice that the diaper then also further back and in the crotch is full. It is then there so wonderfully thick and soft and nestles so beautifully. In the morning I like to stay as long as possible in my night diaper.

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
lian said:
pratice pratice pratice

BabyTweetyBird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I did this a couple of years ago and finally woke in a wet bed. Therefore I always prefer wetting my diapers in a standing position once a nasty pee urge occurs.

Last edited:

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I find it difficult as well because even a fresh diaper can leak while I'm laying on my back or just laying down in any position

Reactions: BabyTweetyBird

TabaCrate

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Your brain has been wired during potty training not to release out of the potty.
You now need to "allow" him to release. Should you have any fear (unconscious also), it will not work.
What you need is:
1) be well protected with something you trust. Good diaper and why not additional protection to ensure the bed will not be hurted. Your brain must know that there is no risk at all to wet.
2) have a not too full bladder. When the bladder is too full, it's more complicated to start.
3) train yourself in standing position. The easiest it's in standing position, the easier it will become in laying position.
4) be alone in the beginning. Really, having someone near is a "no go" initially.
5) start on your back, move your legs, look at the corner of the room and let your brain think at something different. Concentrate on a point with eyes open. Maybe move a bit to "feel" the urge. For some, moving the eyes quickly helps. Maybe put a pillow under your back to be slightly upper than your legs (gravity might help). Then try to let the flow come.
6) if something comes (even a few drops), don't push but relax. It is the fact that you let go that is important, not the quantity. In the beginning, you will not empty the bladder and will need to do it several times, not very good nights ahead...
7) as someone said: pratice practice practice... It will be easier over time. It takes time.
8) Once it's "easier" on the back, try another position (like on the belly). Remember to protect the bed if you change the position to let your brain know that there is no risk at all...
9) Enjoy ;-)
10) let us know how this worked... Maybe in one month, maybe in one year but it will work over time

Reactions: Prairie, lian, BabyTweetyBird and 1 other person

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Other than for a couple of days last weekend where I wore nappies in the daytime, I usually only wear overnight. Initially I had problems wetting in bed, but as others have said, unless you are not worried about wetting the bed and any clothing you may be wearing it can be difficult to be sufficiently relaxed. It is very important to be confident of having adequate protection to prevent leaks and be able to deal with them should they happen.

I prefer disposable nappies and have been really lucky in finding the perfect one for me. I have found that this is not necessarily the thickest or best theoretically performing diaper, and you will probably need to see what works for you.

To be confident I have found that plastic pants are a ‘must’ and if for any reason I have had a lot to drink in the evening before bedtime, I will wear a pair of boxer briefs over my nappy and under the plastic pants as these will absorb and soak-up any small leaks. The final items to help to give confidence is the bedding. Purely for hygiene I have always had a lightweight mattress protector, but on evenings when I wear nappies I have a large tuck-in bed bad under the top sheet - having it under the top sheet it is virtually unnoticeable and if the very worst happened only the one sheet will be wet. The bed pad has never been necessary, but knowing that even if everything went wrong I could wet the bed without any major issues helps to provide confidence and allows me to not worry.

Hopefully if you find the right diapers and take a few precautions, over time you should be able to totally relax and enjoy the feelings (and convenience!) of being able to wet yourself in bed.

My issues are the opposite of yours and I have been trying to get used to wearing a nappy during the daytime!

ARBBB2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
its
lian said:
Yes, that is a problem. Especially when I lie on my side. So I only do it when I'm lying on my back. And before that, I sort everything so that it's nicely centered down. Then I make sure that the diaper is nice and tight so that it doesn't fall down freely in the diaper, but runs along the fleece nicely. So everything is sucked up nice and fast.

I find it just sooo nice that the diaper then also further back and in the crotch is full. It is then there so wonderfully thick and soft and nestles so beautifully. In the morning I like to stay as long as possible in my night diaper.
I am still in last nights diaper, put it on at 9:45 last night and it now noon, dont want to take it off but think I am going to leak, I lay on my tummy when i wet the first two times to get front bulky, then during night i lay on my back and prop myself up with my elbows behind me and spread my legs so the bottom and butt get bulky, I cant ever get wet way up towards waist on my back