Wetting face?

sinceiwassmall said:
Moms always know. (These days lots of them share the knowledge and experience with super involved and committed dads too.)
Yeah, I guess the word is out that I wear diapers. We will see though.

I don't think I make a face, but then again, only a very chosen few (like 4 people in my entire lifetime) outside of doctors know for a fact I wear diapers, but nobody has ever mentioned anything so I'm assuming not. On the other hand, most courteous people wouldn't say anything even if they did notice it.

I've caught myself staring off into space or pausing what I'm doing (washing dishes in the sink, for example) while I wet, but no face I don't think. I do occasionally shiver, but it's probably barely noticeable unless someone was really paying attention.

I've known people like your neighbor, though. They make rude remarks or backhanded compliments and then say "I'm just kidding" because they think it's funny. The behavior typically stems from insecurity and trying to fit in ("ha-ha! See, I'm the funny, gregarious one!"). Same goes for the interrupting. So if I were you, I'd look at it from the perspective that she is the one with the problem. ;)

If she truly is a healthcare "professional" (nurse) and she did notice your diaper, it is VERY UN-professional of her to point it out. Even if nobody else was around.

I honestly doubt she knows - but even if she does - the other neighbors probably just disregarded the comment as "that's just the way she is" (awkward/weird/rude/brusque).

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if they all know, who cares? They're not going to say anything (except for maybe the rude one). Most people are so absorbed in their own life, an hour later they had probably all forgotten the incident entirely.

I'm not quick witted, so I never know how to fire back when people make comments like that. But I do have a knack for avoiding people I dislike. And that's what I would do here. Just make a point of not acknowledging her or giving her the opportunity to embarrass you.

Life's too short to be around a-holes. :p

Reactions: Peesalot, Izzybella, sinceiwassmall and 1 other person
jackson73 said:
I don't think I make a face, but then again, only a very chosen few (like 4 people in my entire lifetime) outside of doctors know for a fact I wear diapers, but nobody has ever mentioned anything so I'm assuming not. On the other hand, most courteous people wouldn't say anything even if they did notice it.

I've caught myself staring off into space or pausing what I'm doing (washing dishes in the sink, for example) while I wet, but no face I don't think. I do occasionally shiver, but it's probably barely noticeable unless someone was really paying attention.

I've known people like your neighbor, though. They make rude remarks or backhanded compliments and then say "I'm just kidding" because they think it's funny. The behavior typically stems from insecurity and trying to fit in ("ha-ha! See, I'm the funny, gregarious one!"). Same goes for the interrupting. So if I were you, I'd look at it from the perspective that she is the one with the problem. ;)

If she truly is a healthcare "professional" (nurse) and she did notice your diaper, it is VERY UN-professional of her to point it out. Even if nobody else was around.

I honestly doubt she knows - but even if she does - the other neighbors probably just disregarded the comment as "that's just the way she is" (awkward/weird/rude/brusque).

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if they all know, who cares? They're not going to say anything (except for maybe the rude one). Most people are so absorbed in their own life, an hour later they had probably all forgotten the incident entirely.

I'm not quick witted, so I never know how to fire back when people make comments like that. But I do have a knack for avoiding people I dislike. And that's what I would do here. Just make a point of not acknowledging her or giving her the opportunity to embarrass you.

Life's too short to be around a-holes. :p
I agree with you. She is the one that has the problem and I really don’t see her that often. I just really can’t believe she said it to begin with. I’ll just operate under the assumption that she knows I’m diapered. Now hopefully she doesn’t say anything to my wife because that be too embarrassing for my wife.

That would be a dick move on her part. Your wife may surprise you and defend you rather than be embarrassed.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Subtlerustle said:
That would be a dick move on her part. Your wife may surprise you and defend you rather than be embarrassed.
I would hope so.

diapernh said:
I am certain i have a face, but i have another tell too. I run my hands through my hair, like pulling on my hair. I know this because my mom made the comment when we were on vacation and driving “do you gotta go to the bathroom, do we need to stop?”
"Yes, and no."

Reactions: jackson73 and sinceiwassmall
Teach her a lesson and just don't invite her over to your home for your next party. Oh, you weren't going to invite her anyway? That means she is a neighbor and not a friend. That means you don't really need to care one way or the other if she knows. However, if she ever does say something to you, you might want to remind her to mind her own business.

My girlfriend says I tend to make a face when I wet, almost a face on concentration.

I suspect that a person aware of how folks look when peeing, can read my body language. Thank God it doesn't;t snow in San Francisco

Reactions: KittyMerriweather and BabyHailey1977
I think there definitely is a wetting face.

An old French advert for Peaudouce Up & Go training pants illustrated this with a wedding scenario.

The little girl who is going to be the flower girl tells the audience that for her “big emotions mean big pee pee”. She then has an accident as the wedding party is going up the aisle.

She makes the most marvellous wetting face before shrugging it off and smiling.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
A bit like the Tena ads

“C’est la vie! I do not care!”

🤣😂🤣

Interesting topic, I’ve often wonder if a “wetting face” or some other outward sign accompanies sleep wetting?

WBxx said:
Interesting topic, I’ve often wonder if a “wetting face” or some other outward sign accompanies sleep wetting?
just a smile and face of content and happiness

Last edited:
Reactions: antte91, WBxx, winterheart01 and 2 others
I usually dont notice anything or make any face or body gestures, as I wet uncontrolably whether Im walking or sitting down, the only thing I feel is my diaper slowly getting wet and at times dont feel much at all but when I go do a diaper check I can clearly see soaking.

Inconjr said:
I usually dont notice anything or make any face or body gestures, as I wet uncontrolably whether Im walking or sitting down, the only thing I feel is my diaper slowly getting wet and at times dont feel much at all but when I go do a diaper check I can clearly see soaking.
My mind tells me I need to pee, and then it just happens. I wet often, but not a lot.

Reactions: Inconjr
EEBBB69B-C842-460B-A915-62BE480368EE.jpeg

Wetting face

D5B4B4C4-7129-49B6-83E5-BEC22083B0C5.jpeg

*Shrug*

9136BBD0-811A-45A0-9DEE-D9EEA3DF6D85.jpeg

“All done!”

The ad makers certainly think a wetting face is a thing! Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and chrischrischris
I’ve been told mines not obvious unless you really know me, but I basically pause what I’m doing and have kind of like an “uh oh” face. I have a blank stare and my mouth is a little open.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and chrischrischris
I have a friend that knows I wear, one time as we were in my parking lot as he was leaving I had passably paused for a second or something, so he actually had the nerve to ask me "did you just wet your diaper?" I Said NO, NO and I think it was pretty obvious I had. He's just a friend, like my best friend, nothing else. He helped me when I came from the hospital, I was one armed and had asked if he could help me with friggin tapes and thankfully he said Hell NO. I was on a ton of pain meds at the time, and freshly brain injured.

Last edited:
Well, here is an update to what happened with my neighbor. I leave for work at 1:45 PM and before I left on Tuesday, I was out finishing up the Christmas lights. Even though it was light, I had them turned on so I could make sure they were working right. We have Anna, Elsa, and Olaf inflatables and Anna doesn’t like to inflate, so I was working on it. The neighbor came walking up with her two kids and she said they wanted to see the frozen characters. I hadn’t seen her since she embarrassed me. We started talking and she apologized again for blurting it out.

Then she admitted that as a nurse, they notice those things. I assumed she meant that she knew about my diapers. But nope!!! I had to hammer that point home by saying that I just didn’t want everyone else knowing that I wore diapers. As soon as she gave me the confused look, I knew I messed up. All she said was that my secret was safe with her.

This is crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: AComputerGuy
Back