Wetting and Consciousness

I woke up Thursday night in mid flow other nights I’ll wake up to an already wet nappy
In the morning I will awake to no urge get down stairs switch kettle on and strong urge hits nd I’ll start peeing
 
NappiedTruckDriver said:
I woke up Thursday night in mid flow other nights I’ll wake up to an already wet nappy
In the morning I will awake to no urge get down stairs switch kettle on and strong urge hits nd I’ll start peeing
So your experiences span the full range of types that I listed in starting this thread. Do you try to stop the flow when you wake up wetting or when you begin to wet automatically while awake, or do just let it happen?
 
gobphus said:
So your experiences span the full range of types that I listed in starting this thread. Do you try to stop the flow when you wake up wetting or when you begin to wet automatically while awake, or do just let it happen?
The nappy is already wet by time I notice so just let it flow , night or day
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, chamberpot and gobphus
I think a couple of times during the night I might wake up slightly when I’m wetting. For instance This night I was laying on my stomach and was woken up by strong bladder contractions and that I was peeing at the same time. I drifted back to sleep whilst wetting.
When assessing my wet diaper in the morning I knew that even though I was woken up by my bladder once, that I have definitely also been wetting in my sleep.
So for me, it’s both a bit conscious and a lot more unconscious that I’m wetting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21 and gobphus
My nights consist of about two to three conscious wettings where I have a fair amount of control letting go, then a period where my slightly wet Nappy gets really wet and I have no recollection followed by waking and having slight control.
Daytime consists of a small amount of control letting go to sheer desperation if I try to use a toilet and don't get to it in time and that can result in an involuntary wettinģ.
These days I find that consciously letting go is slowly fading away to be replaced by "oh I've just wet my Nappy" and being surprised by that fact.
When out and about I seriously do not fight the "urge" to urinate as that can result in an unwanted BM if I try to hold it too long.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: gobphus and NotTheAverageMan
NotTheAverageMan said:
I think a couple of times during the night I might wake up slightly when I’m wetting. For instance This night I was laying on my stomach and was woken up by strong bladder contractions and that I was peeing at the same time. I drifted back to sleep whilst wetting.
When assessing my wet diaper in the morning I knew that even though I was woken up by my bladder once, that I have definitely also been wetting in my sleep.
So for me, it’s both a bit conscious and a lot more unconscious that I’m wetting.
Thanks for the report. Did you realize that you were peeing immediately upon waking up or was there a moment of uncertainty?
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
Napincolove said:
My nights consist of about two to three conscious wettings where I have a fair amount of control letting go, then a period where my slightly wet Nappy gets really wet and I have no recollection followed by waking and having slight control.
Daytime consists of a small amount of control letting go to sheer desperation if I try to use a toilet and don't get to it in time and that can result in an involuntary wettinģ.
These days I find that consciously letting go is slowly fading away to be replaced by "oh I've just wet my Nappy" and being surprised by that fact.
When out and about I seriously do not fight the "urge" to urinate as that can result in an unwanted BM if I try to hold it too long.
Thanks for sharing your experience. You seem to be becoming less and less aware of wetting during the day. Are there times when you sense something is happening but you’re uncertain what it is?
 
I agree . diapers at night help you to not disturb your sleep by going to the toilet
 
  • Like
Reactions: gobphus
Napincolove said:
My nights consist of about two to three conscious wettings where I have a fair amount of control letting go, then a period where my slightly wet Nappy gets really wet and I have no recollection followed by waking and having slight control.
Daytime consists of a small amount of control letting go to sheer desperation if I try to use a toilet and don't get to it in time and that can result in an involuntary wettinģ.
These days I find that consciously letting go is slowly fading away to be replaced by "oh I've just wet my Nappy" and being surprised by that fact.
When out and about I seriously do not fight the "urge" to urinate as that can result in an unwanted BM if I try to hold it too long.
I can definitely relate to the phrase “oh, I’ve just wet my nappy” to such a degree that I’m paying so little attention to the event, that I simply forget about it almost instantly. Sometimes I sort of reflect “did I just wet myself minutes ago?”

It’s odd how my incontinence progress, I still get these incredibly strong urges, where I’m very much aware that I’m releasing, and then there are these moments where my bladder and sphincter are running on automation, it just happens without any conscious decision from my side, I just feel I’m going in my diaper, and carries on with whatever I was in process of doing.

To be honest, I don’t care much anymore whether I’m wetting my diaper or trying to get to the toilet. I have given up!, I have been told it’s very unlikely I’ll ever regain my continence again, maybe that’s contributing to the fact that my bladder sort of lives its own life.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cantwait and gobphus
I dream im going to the toilet and wake up mid stream urge incontinence is why i wear 24/7 if you can't avoid it own it enjoy it because the alternative is misery and depression .
 
  • Like
Reactions: gobphus and NotTheAverageMan
michaelmc said:
I dream im going to the toilet and wake up mid stream urge incontinence is why i wear 24/7 if you can't avoid it own it enjoy it because the alternative is misery and depression .
Have you passed the point of not trying to stop peeing when you wake up mid stream? What sort of advice would you give to a teenager who still hopes to stop wetting in their sleep and who sometimes wake up dry but bursting? Would it be better to relax and use the diaper or would using the diaper prolong the bedwetting?
 
First see Doctor if you haven't already if you have then i would wear a diaper for protection and ease if you make it to the toilet then great and if you don't then all still good , never let it get you down if you can't beat it except it and enjoy the benifits a diaper afords you and learn to enjoy it !
 
  • Like
Reactions: gobphus
I wet the bed every night and for the most part am completely unconscious of wetting but occasionally I will be half awake and will just wet my nappy and go back to sleep. Various spinal issues now mean I wear nappies 24/7 and i am only conscious of wetting when I feel my nappy getting wet. Occasionally I don’t even feel that or don’t remember wetting and will only realise how wet my nappy is when I check if I need to change. Normally about four hours but sometimes as few as two.
 
Tenaman said:
I wet the bed every night and for the most part am completely unconscious of wetting but occasionally I will be half awake and will just wet my nappy and go back to sleep. Various spinal issues now mean I wear nappies 24/7 and i am only conscious of wetting when I feel my nappy getting wet. Occasionally I don’t even feel that or don’t remember wetting and will only realise how wet my nappy is when I check if I need to change. Normally about four hours but sometimes as few as two.
Thanks for contributing to this thread. You seem to be aware of wetting sometimes but not to have any control over it. I wonder why you wake up at all before wetting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nectar0001
I've wet the bed for as long as I can remember. It slowed down for a few years in my 20s, but not for long.

Some nights I sleep through it completely and don't realize what happened until morning.

Some nights I have nightmares, and typically the moment I wet myself in the nightmare I start wetting the bed. I'm not normally THAT jumpy and sometimes I can rationalize myself awake fast enough to finish in the bathroom. Sometimes I can't, and very often I'll fall asleep so fast afterwards that I miss the second time it happens that night and wet the bed a second time.

Some nights I have The Weird Pee Dream, where I have to pee so bad it hurts (or I'm already spritzing off and on) and I have to hunt down the weirdly located/weirdly designed toilet before I have an accident. This one may or may not wake me up in time — this dream usually happens when I have a bigger accident, but it's ALSO a frequent OAB/urge day situation, because I get the same sensation on an OAB UIC day that I do when I get too full without waking up in time.

Most situations, if I've had an accident, I was: either out cold, no dreams; groggy, probably coming out of a dream; out cold, dreaming of some situation that involves me peeing either my pants or in a weird bathroom; or groggy, going into a dream — those are weird because I'll be faintly aware of what is happening, but can't stop it.

It should be clear enough that I'm rolling the dice every time I sleep. I'm terrified of falling asleep on public transit or a Lyft or something and having an accident in the vehicle.

I'm usually safe awake. If it's a day I've had an accident, sometimes a second one will sneak up on me — thankfully I learned about this one early, usually in the middle of getting ready for work after a morning accident and promptly wetting the fresh underwear I'd picked out, but usually at least it'd happen just in the underwear and not in my uniform.

If I'm having a flareup day my body will tire enough at some point that I'll have LBL the rest of the day. Trying to clamp down on it usually just makes me tired and then I'll dribble a little faster for a bit. I never know when i need to relax and when it's time to clench. And sometimes it's hard to tell when it happens, the leaks, so I started wearing protection on days I could tell it was going to be bad regardless of whether I was going to be seeing other people that day — so I could adjust on the fly and learn to deal with it.

Occasionally, if I'm not careful with the green herb, I'll enter this super restful state where I hit this dozey state where I'm in a middle stage of sleep where I can enjoy the wetting as it happens but don't get too worried about fixing it.

Honestly, of all the times and ways I've wet myself, the "too baked too tired" is my favorite. It's the best combination of "body asleep mind awake" which means that instead of overthinking what happened, I'm just sensations. And at least these are pleasing sensations....
 
OmiOMy said:
I've wet the bed for as long as I can remember. It slowed down for a few years in my 20s, but not for long.

Some nights I sleep through it completely and don't realize what happened until morning.

Some nights I have nightmares, and typically the moment I wet myself in the nightmare I start wetting the bed. I'm not normally THAT jumpy and sometimes I can rationalize myself awake fast enough to finish in the bathroom. Sometimes I can't, and very often I'll fall asleep so fast afterwards that I miss the second time it happens that night and wet the bed a second time.

Some nights I have The Weird Pee Dream, where I have to pee so bad it hurts (or I'm already spritzing off and on) and I have to hunt down the weirdly located/weirdly designed toilet before I have an accident. This one may or may not wake me up in time — this dream usually happens when I have a bigger accident, but it's ALSO a frequent OAB/urge day situation, because I get the same sensation on an OAB UIC day that I do when I get too full without waking up in time.

Most situations, if I've had an accident, I was: either out cold, no dreams; groggy, probably coming out of a dream; out cold, dreaming of some situation that involves me peeing either my pants or in a weird bathroom; or groggy, going into a dream — those are weird because I'll be faintly aware of what is happening, but can't stop it.

It should be clear enough that I'm rolling the dice every time I sleep. I'm terrified of falling asleep on public transit or a Lyft or something and having an accident in the vehicle.

I'm usually safe awake. If it's a day I've had an accident, sometimes a second one will sneak up on me — thankfully I learned about this one early, usually in the middle of getting ready for work after a morning accident and promptly wetting the fresh underwear I'd picked out, but usually at least it'd happen just in the underwear and not in my uniform.

If I'm having a flareup day my body will tire enough at some point that I'll have LBL the rest of the day. Trying to clamp down on it usually just makes me tired and then I'll dribble a little faster for a bit. I never know when i need to relax and when it's time to clench. And sometimes it's hard to tell when it happens, the leaks, so I started wearing protection on days I could tell it was going to be bad regardless of whether I was going to be seeing other people that day — so I could adjust on the fly and learn to deal with it.

Occasionally, if I'm not careful with the green herb, I'll enter this super restful state where I hit this dozey state where I'm in a middle stage of sleep where I can enjoy the wetting as it happens but don't get too worried about fixing it.

Honestly, of all the times and ways I've wet myself, the "too baked too tired" is my favorite. It's the best combination of "body asleep mind awake" which means that instead of overthinking what happened, I'm just sensations. And at least these are pleasing sensations....
What an interesting description! Your "too baked too tired" reminds me of my waking up while wetting, in that I can be aware of the sensations of wetting without thinking about what's going on. It's like meditation, only focused not on breathing but on urinating.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nectar0001 and chamberpot
Wetshisbed said:
It is so easy to just roll over and wet the bed and drift back to sleep.
That's the best! I love that warmth wet feel and sleep so good afterwards
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, nectar0001 and chamberpot
I just wake up wet, not during just the next morning.
 
quarktheory said:
I just wake up wet, not during just the next morning.
That seems most common among bedwetters. Thanks for sharing your experience. How often do you wet?
 
I've wet the bed for as long as I can remember. It slowed down for a few years in my 20s, but not for long.

Some nights I sleep through it completely and don't realize what happened until morning.

Some nights I have nightmares, and typically the moment I wet myself in the nightmare I start wetting the bed. I'm not normally THAT jumpy and sometimes I can rationalize myself awake fast enough to finish in the bathroom. Sometimes I can't, and very often I'll fall asleep so fast afterwards that I miss the second time it happens that night and wet the bed a second time.

Some nights I have The Weird Pee Dream, where I have to pee so bad it hurts (or I'm already spritzing off and on) and I have to hunt down the weirdly located/weirdly designed toilet before I have an accident. This one may or may not wake me up in time — this dream usually happens when I have a bigger accident, but it's ALSO a frequent OAB/urge day situation, because I get the same sensation on an OAB UIC day that I do when I get too full without waking up in time.

Most situations, if I've had an accident, I was: either out cold, no dreams; groggy, probably coming out of a dream; out cold, dreaming of some situation that involves me peeing either my pants or in a weird bathroom; or groggy, going into a dream — those are weird because I'll be faintly aware of what is happening, but can't stop it.

It should be clear enough that I'm rolling the dice every time I sleep. I'm terrified of falling asleep on public transit or a Lyft or something and having an accident in the vehicle.

I'm usually safe awake. If it's a day I've had an accident, sometimes a second one will sneak up on me — thankfully I learned about this one early, usually in the middle of getting ready for work after a morning accident and promptly wetting the fresh underwear I'd picked out, but usually at least it'd happen just in the underwear and not in my uniform.

If I'm having a flareup day my body will tire enough at some point that I'll have LBL the rest of the day. Trying to clamp down on it usually just makes me tired and then I'll dribble a little faster for a bit. I never know when i need to relax and when it's time to clench. And sometimes it's hard to tell when it happens, the leaks, so I started wearing protection on days I could tell it was going to be bad regardless of whether I was going to be seeing other people that day — so I could adjust on the fly and learn to deal with it.

Occasionally, if I'm not careful with the green herb, I'll enter this super restful state where I hit this dozey state where I'm in a middle stage of sleep where I can enjoy the wetting as it happens but don't get too worried about fixing it.

Honestly, of all the times and ways I've wet myself, the "too baked too tired" is my favorite. It's the best combination of "body asleep mind awake" which means that instead of overthinking what happened, I'm just sensations. And at least these are pleasing sensations.....
gobphus said:
What an interesting description! Your "too baked too tired" reminds me of my waking up while wetting, in that I can be aware of the sensations of wetting without thinking about what's going on. It's like meditation, only focused not on breathing but on urinating.
There was a meditation session I had a while back where I did not make a bathroom Trip beforehand (big mistake right off the top of it, because if I get too emotionally worked up, my kidneys work overtime on clear and it's a potty emergency in ten minutes). I happened to be on a super bladder-paranoid day and had thought ahead to wear training pants, and it was a good thing because I'd been hit with two choices while I was down: get up and pee, and lose the altered state I was slipping into, or work past the door to trust my training pants and see where it went. I let the altered state do the steering that session, and came out of it plenty wet, but it was truly a great meditation session. I will say that it was hard to let go enough to let the altered state settle — relaxing like that meant I had to stop concentrating on my bladder, which meant I was going to wet because after a day of bladder attacks the thing runs on manual.

It is a weird mind state to be in: completely relaxed in the mind so barely anything registers, to the point where the body just decides "relax, we'll take care of this" but before the point of excruciating pain.

The fact that "hurt less" involves being wet more frequently...I'm grappling with it. There have actually been mornings where I'm lucid enough to know I'm wetting the bed but can't actually do anything about it because the actual wetting is such a visceral relief that I just can't figure it out before I'm in a puddle; I feel better after, quite often, but brain is like "you peed yourself again" over and over, and I just feel like the kid who couldn't potty train. What double-doesn't help is when I'm super tired, having an accident feels...so good. The most relaxing sensation in the world, especially if I'm not feeling well. This is why I try not to nap in medical trips...if I relax too much when I'm ill, I have accidents.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JeriHfoley18
Back
Top