Wetness indicator turning while dry-wearing

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve noticed that the wetness indicator activated when I’m dry-wearing and it starts in the exact anatomically correct place as if I was using them. Usually I notice some minor wetness indicator activation overnight.

So, I’m not dribbling or peeing anything, I can easily tell by inspecting the padding. Even a small dribble would leave evidence behind and there is none. I wonder what’s going on? At first I thought it was sweat but it’s too localized for that. I’m wondering if is off-gassing from my bladder causing the activation?

PupSpaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Oh my, if your bladder is off-gassing.... Not sure if I should giggle or not!

Perhaps it is just bodily vapor (sweat) and the area turning color is simple due to it not exchanging air from outside the diaper and being less compressed? Assuming your male, I know when I put my diaper on I get more of a pouch around my penis so the diaper is less compressed (more able to exchange moisture with the air trapped inside). But in the rear, my butt crack creates a bit of a gap and allows more air flow therefore less moisture (and more leaks, lol).

Totally speculating, there's gotta be some sorta physics at work! And of course, everyone's body and diaper fits differently.

Builderdad31

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i’ve noticed this also, most likely a sweat air exchange issue if i don’t mess during the day i’ll wetness indicators that have changed by the time i eventually need the diaper for an overactive bladder.
but just most likely sweat

Last edited:

SuperMaidRavi

Cheerful, lewd and diaper loving maid ^^
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
(I am not a chemist so pardon if I am completely wrong >.<)

The chemicals used in the wetness indicators' strip react to Ph (that's why they also activate quicker when you have stronger urine). The chemicals also react to the Ph of the surrounding moisture in the air (usually the higher humidity the higher Ph). For example sweat speeds up this process as it's evaporation also increases the humidity in the diaper severely.

This is also one of the reasons you should store your diapers somewhere with low humidity! :)

Cloth backed diapers really suffer due to this, since they interact not only with the moisture that evaporates off your body, but also with all of the surrounding air.

Hopefully this helped and also is not complete garbage 🤭

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How many people actually like these indicators? I can see the utility of them in caregiving situations but it seems embarrassing and unwanted in a private home situation. I don't need my diaper to scream "I've been used" when it gets uncovered in front of my wife.

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
slimjiminy said:
How many people actually like these indicators? I can see the utility of them in caregiving situations but it seems embarrassing and unwanted in a private home situation. I don't need my diaper to scream "I've been used" when it gets uncovered in front of my wife.
That’s exactly right. If I dry wear a diaper for a day and the indicator turned, get into bed with my wife and now my wife will thinks I made some peepees in my diaper and going to bed with a pee diaper.

Like - it’s no secret between us that I wear and use diapers but I don’t need that wetness indicator sticking out telling her that I’m a soggy toddler when I’m not.

Reactions: slimjiminy

PupSpaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Lol, the wetness indicators are not very helpful IMHO. Thinking specifically of the yellow lines that turn blue/ green (then gradually fade away after that!) Kinda silly when you can feel the diaper yourself and tell, and they usually change colors long before the diaper is at (practical) capacity. More annoying visually than any practical use. For care givers, encourages more changes than probably needed (sells more product). Also remember the color changing due to humidity not wetting.

Shout out to ABUniverse however when they released the alien diapers, where the print (aliens) disappear when wet, you gotta kill the aliens by peeing, first diaper this puppy knows of that gamified wetting your diaper - some other diapers started doing similar. Although again, not necessary to practical function but can be useful aid to encourage diaper use!

Reactions: TigerDL and jcwilliams343

TigerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
slimjiminy said:
It's probably more of an authenticity thing than a utility thing. For medical diapers, the indicator makes a lot of sense so a caregiver can easily visually gauge whether the diaper is wet. For ABDL diapers with line indicators, they're likely mimicking the baby diapers that have wetness indicators. And like PupSpaz mentioned, the indicators in fun designs kind of gamify the experience. Additionally, there is probably a subsection of ABDLs who like the humiliation aspect of the diaper very clearly indicating that it has been used.