Were you kept in diapers well past everyone else?

Dlaboy4321

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I certainly was. How does that affect your every day? It's weird to think back on what started it, but it's probably super important. Some people don't know. I think most of us do. I know what happened in my life. What about yours?

Reactions: Jr2012

sissybaby34

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Yes out of necessity at night for bed wetting. It was well into my teens. I wore terry nappy squares and rubber pants, then later plastic pants. I was not in them during the day but sometimes in the evening if I had an early bath they would go on with my pyjamas on to save time later. Both my mother and elder sister would pin them on for me, it was just a habit we got into.

Reactions: Jr2012, OldTerry, Brumas94 and 1 other person

Stevepw

Incon but love it
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
42 and counting does that count lol.
Mum and 2 elder sister pute in them well into my teens.
I met my wife at 21 and shes done my night and weekend nappies ever since.

Reactions: jonny77 and Jorelaxed

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When young, I almost made it to 5 years old in a diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny77, Tommy10 and Jr2012

Richard101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think i was out of nappies earlier than other children - it probably made me envious of them despite efforts by mum to tell me I was a big boy and they were babies

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2 and Jorelaxed

GamerBro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I wet the bed well into my teens, so I was in diapers/pull-ups every night

Reactions: Jr2012

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I think it is all relative. I think back in the 50’s and 60’s there was a race for bragging rights on how fast you could potty train your kids. That is, if you were still in diapers way past 2 there must have been something wrong with you or you had a lazy mother. It was something to brag around the bridge table about.

I think as we progressed into the 70’s with the advent of disposables there was a monetary incentive for diaper companies to normalize how long a child should stay in diapers. Look at the shelves and the adds today. Diapers for kids well beyond toddler age.

I know I wore diapers till past 3, for the early 60’s that was beyond the norm I think.

Reactions: RetroGirl15

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wore pinned on cloth diapers and rubber pants until I was nearly 18 because of my bedwetting. On longer car rides, or when we went to the movies, or amusement parks I had to wear diapers too. I tended to fall asleep in the car and mom had me wear diapers just in case. I always had to wear diapers when we went to visit our cousins who lived more than an hour from us. I was a senior in high school the last time I visited them and wore my diapers. My cousin who was my age always teased me about wearing diapers at my age, she told me none of her friends had to wear diapers, and they all thought I must be weird or a baby if I still wet my bed and had to wear diapers. I remember going to drive in movies with my family, hoping no one I knew from school would see me because I had big diapers and rubber pants on and sometimes mom would change me and my sisters in the backseat, even when I was older.

Reactions: Diamond and sissybaby34

Dlaboy4321

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
GamerBro said:
I wet the bed well into my teens, so I was in diapers/pull-ups every night
So did I. I. I never was in pull ups. Just diapers

weethepeople

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have two younger sisters who I can't recall ever wet the bed . I did though.. I found out my Dad did too when he was young . Mum was okay about it but she did insist that I wear a nappy for the next few nights after a wet bed . Once I'd been dry for 4-5 nights I could go without one again . I guess I was about 13-14 before this finished in that way but by the time I was 20 it was a constant issue for a while thanks to an almost life ending incident .
My grandmother secretly told me about Dad's bedwetting about the same age when she first started coming to stay with us . Mum had to tell her about me because my nappies were kept in the wardrobe she used while I slept on a camp bed in the sunroom of our smallish house.

Both my sisters were amazing . They coped pretty well having an older bedwetter sibling unlike my best friend who couldn't handle his younger brother wetting his bed almost every night . I never told him that I was the same . I was about five years older than my friend's brother at the time.

If you or someone else in your family suffered from nocturnal enuresis as an older child it's a fair chance that one of your parents had the same condition I believe .

Reactions: Wetshisbed and Lyric

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
yes! i had pullups for travel and just in case times for awhile but it has made it easier to get back to wearing them and now i am using them so much more often especially lately

Hunter185

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There was a push to get me out of diapers...early 70s. Also don't remember anything negative. There are pictures of me in diapers at around 4. But I don't know if that was all the time, or an occasion. One of my earliest memories is having a buddy of mine stay over. His single-parent mom was the grade 4 teacher and whenever she was gone to a conference or whatever they do, he'd stay at our place. I remember being put in diapers and in my crib while he was sleeping on a roll up foam mattress on the floor. I know I was out of diapers when I got a bed instead of a crib, but I was back in diapers for night at around 6 for sure and during the day when it was necessary (trips, travel, staying away from home). The bedwetting (or night diaper wetting I guess) went on for years after.

OneWhoHasSeenTheEye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hunter185 said:
There was a push to get me out of diapers...early 70s. Also don't remember anything negative. There are pictures of me in diapers at around 4. But I don't know if that was all the time, or an occasion. One of my earliest memories is having a buddy of mine stay over. His single-parent mom was the grade 4 teacher and whenever she was gone to a conference or whatever they do, he'd stay at our place. I remember being put in diapers and in my crib while he was sleeping on a roll up foam mattress on the floor. I know I was out of diapers when I got a bed instead of a crib, but I was back in diapers for night at around 6 for sure and during the day when it was necessary (trips, travel, staying away from home). The bedwetting (or night diaper wetting I guess) went on for years after.
How long were you in a crib?

MikeDJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It was sort of the opposite in my family. It seemed everyone was in diapers and I was the only one out of them! The big reason was me being older by a few years plus my potty training went almost too well and was out of diapers in no time. My mom was too smart to be fooled too when I tried to prolong the diaper wearing. So as a result I got to see all my siblings and cousins all running around and getting changed into their thick plastic Pampers( this was mid 70s timeframe) and myself being a bit jealous of them.

Reactions: littlemoosey and LilByte

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I was potty trained some time around early 3. Tho I have no memory of diapers or potty training oddly. I do remember being jealous of my cousins who were still in diapers (one who was older then me)

PrincessNozomi

The Big Baby Angel, The Biggest Wetter
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have never really been out of diapers before (Or at least not for long enough periods for it to count), so it's an obvious yes from me.

SoggyApril

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I’m not sure exactly when I was out of nappies, but whenever it was, it was clearly too early, I remember wetting the bed when I was 8-9 years old (I was, naturally, dreaming that I was peeing in the bush).

camdendl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I was. I was a couple of months shy from 5 when I was potty trained. I was small for my age so my bladder and bowels weren’t matured for me to have any control or have any awareness I was going. My mom took me to the doctor and found out it was due to my size and it will mature overtime. My mom just kept me in taped diapers (this was in the early-mid 90s) and didn’t bother with pull ups. I did get judgement from relatives despite my condition mainly on my age and since some of my younger cousins were already potty trained at that point and I was using diapers regularly. Since l was small, I looked much younger anyway and the size to still be in diapers. Strangers wouldn’t know unless they knew my age at the time, so I didn’t get any criticism from them.

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Until just before 10 but not by choice,I had encopresis but eventually with counselling and bowel training I got out of Terry nappies and rubbers
However the security and feeling safe in them thanks to my auntie and uncle I believe helped towards my AB behaviour and feelings

Bryle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I was in diapers till almost 10 because of bedwetting. My brother is 9 now and in them for bedwetting. Diapering my brother made me miss them so I started taking his and wearing them but putting them on yourself just isn’t the same as having them put on. One morning my mom caught me in a wet diaper and I told her I had started wetting the bed again and now she diapers me before bed.

Reactions: Etienne, Lyric and Jr2012