WEP Cracking, need help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
:dunno:The reasons for it are completly legal. Trying to recover a key for a router that has been shot at ( yes, shot at ) and the reset button doesn't work on it, due to being shot off.. anyone know a program that can recover and tell me the key to this router?

Lol...

And it needs to be freeware..

I don't know how this thing still works, but it does, the neighbor wants me to help her connect a new computer to it but she can't access it except by ethernet, and the router's program is in DOS so I'm not sure how to modify it... so I'd like to crack the key:dunno:

Role
  1. Private
:dunno:The reasons for it are completly legal. Trying to recover a key for a router that has been shot at ( yes, shot at ) and the reset button doesn't work on it, due to being shot off.. anyone know a program that can recover and tell me the key to this router?

Lol...

And it needs to be freeware..

I don't know how this thing still works, but it does, the neighbor wants me to help her connect a new computer to it but she can't access it except by ethernet, and the router's program is in DOS so I'm not sure how to modify it... so I'd like to crack the key:dunno:
You should look into a serial port connection. Most routers (I assume this is a SOHO unit) do have a provision for a DB9<->RJ45 dongle acting as a console cable.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Could you simplify for me? Sorry I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about...

I know DB9 and RJ45 but everything else is...

Oh, her new computer is an Athlon x 2 2.4ghz, 2Gb RAM, running Vista Home Premium..

I don't know if relevant but the program if anyone finds one would have to work with Vista... I'm afraid to search because most of these programs are trojans or something..

Last edited by a moderator:
Role
  1. Private
What is the make and model of the router in question?

That'll help us get the ball rolling. :)

You could also, I suppose, short the reset switch contacts together, even without the physical switch in place.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Dude... buy a new router. You can get them for under $50. If this thing is running a DOS based program, it's time to go.

I do e-bay sales for my company... I have a high quality low price wireless router listed right now. Buy-it-now for $40... free shipping. I also have high feature models available if you want to spend more.

Just let me know.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
WEP can be cracked in <60 seconds nowadays (although it's not THAT easy to get into if you have never done it before), so it's seriously a good idea to get a new one with a more up-to-date authentication/encryption method.

If you want to try to find out the WEP password anyway you might look up Backtrack 2 (Live-Linux-Distribution) and one of the many video tutorials on the web about how to crack it. I can't really recommend any, but if you want to fiddle around a bit any will do I guess :)

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
She can't afford a new router...

I figured it out, I shorted the contacts and got into the wireless, managed to set up the security again.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Hegel I used your idea. Thanks I did not think of it!

My neighbor is online now.

E

Error404

Now that the solution has been found...I'd like answers too...

... ...Shot at? Is she using AOL or something?

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Theirs a program called AirSnort, it's Linux based though so if you don't know how to use Linux then don't bother lol.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
No she WAS using AOL, used to have Dial-up because that was all her previous computer would support, it didn't even have PCI slots..

Got DSL now, but I lol'ed hard when I heard about it being shot at. I didn't ask questions.

y'know what, I need to post a pic of this router on Shatteredwindows.com
lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I really don't care how you use this, but there are 2 programs you want to do this - Aircrack & CommView. Aircrack will capture the packets and CommView will decrypt them. Thus giving you the key, you will want to capture between 40000-100000 packets to give you an accurate key, I could talk you through allthe steps but here's a link to a video that can help - How To Crack WEP Wireless Networks For Noobs! - Video

I use these 2 programs myself, and find them very useful (especially at places like airports, oops. It's legitimate purposes you're using this for)

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That's the program names I was looking for ajsco. Thanks for reminding me of them.

-wanders off to crack wal-mart's wifi LOL-

Status
Not open for further replies.