Well there goes the food i wanted to eat after work

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Got food at Walmart, started cooking some Enchiladas on a Pizza Oven (a small Flat open "oven" that rotates and cooks your food at a fixed temperature, and you can set it to cook the top side of your food, the bottom, or both) ; it wasnt ready before I had to leave for work; so I told my family to wait until it cooled off and put it in the microwave.

Well, they forgot about it so it ended up on the floor and the dog ate it, so there goes $6 or $7 worth of food to my dog; I'm not gonna blame my dog or anything, this is what they do.

I'm just disappointed in my family as I wanted to eat that food, and it was a waste of money, we already feed the dog premium dog food (her skin gets bad if she eats the cheap dog food) so there was no need for her to have an extra $7 of food I had planned to eat.

Dont you hate when this kinda thing happens? It's also a bummer as it's not something i have had before (i have had Enchiladas, but not these specific ones, they sounded good and were expensive for the size)

I have a dog sweetie and I feel for you. I love my dog and hes a great companion. He is well trained except when it comes to food. I defrost meat and things inside the regular stove so he cannot get to it. I see from the corner of my eye sometimes when he sits in front of the oven and just sits there smelling the oven knowing theres something in there that I am going to cook. I have seen him raising his paw to see if he can open the oven and I scold him sometimes. He has eaten food sometimes when left on the table, and has gotten scolded. I have had him snatch a sandwich off the table when I step away and talk on the phone. He got sick on me when he ate some chocolate on Valentines Day. He had eaten through a plastic bag to get the chocolates and I guess the chocolate didn't agree with him. Hey I know that feeling for sure, Sorry your dog ate your enchiladas.

Evahasgone2 said:
I have a dog sweetie and I feel for you. I love my dog and hes a great companion. He is well trained except when it comes to food. I defrost meat and things inside the regular stove so he cannot get to it. I see from the corner of my eye sometimes when he sits in front of the oven and just sits there smelling the oven knowing theres something in there that I am going to cook. I have seen him raising his paw to see if he can open the oven and I scold him sometimes. He has eaten food sometimes when left on the table, and has gotten scolded. I have had him snatch a sandwich off the table when I step away and talk on the phone. He got sick on me when he ate some chocolate on Valentines Day. He had eaten through a plastic bag to get the chocolates and I guess the chocolate didn't agree with him. Hey I know that feeling for sure, Sorry your dog ate your enchiladas.

Like I said though, I'm less disappointed in my dog and more in my family for having left the food out for what I'm assuming was hours (I dont know for sure, it was cooking before I had to leave for work, I come back and the dish was on the floor almost completely clean) ; of course dogs are gonna be tempted to eat things you dont want them to, especially if they can smell it cooking and it isnt far out of their reach.

But if my family could have simply waited for the food to cool down, and then promptly put it in the microwave it wouldn't have become a plate of expensive dog food.

The reason we got the pizza oven is because our actual oven broke, and a new oven would be expensive (cheap ovens brand new are still somewhere over $300 for a basic no thrills model) and the part to fix the oven would cost around $100 and I'm not even sure that will be enough to revive the oven; if not it would be another $100 wasted and we only had the oven working for a couple of years.

Makes me think they design these things to break once every 2 or 3 years, so then you need to spend $1000+ if you want a really good oven (several $1000s for a "Professional" level oven, which I'm guessing probably doesn't break so easily)

Reactions: Evahasgone2
Could be worse , one of my old dogs , Pipa a sprollie (border collie , springer spaniel cross) one Christmas ate a whole bag of unshelled walnuts shells as well
:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back