Well that went as expected

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

Well I just found out about a time last year when a "Footballer" (as in Soccer to those that call "American" Football simply as "Football" ) had let a psychotherapist who runs a nursery as a form of Therapy (hey, why not? It could be so much worse) take over his Twitter account in an attempt to make people more aware of ABDL in a positive sense.

This Footballer apparently let's people take over his Twitter account for various causes ranging from LGTB causes, to awareness of various diseases and so on; so naturally this was simply done to make people aware that ABDL is nothing bad and in fact can be a good thing

We all know that ABDL isnt bad and can be therapeutic; but what can you do when you run into those morons that think "oh these ABDLs want to harm children" ; so long story short nothing was achieved - people assumed ABDL was purely a sexual thing (it can be, but even in the cases that it is Sexual, it still has no correlation to actual children) and that it had something to do with harming Children and it wasnt long before the Takeover got cancelled

Like WTH? I don't want anything to do with anybody's Bratty Children; Diapers helps me deal with my Mental Health issues in a better way than to get stressed out, lashing out at people (as I sometimes do when my emotions get to the point where I cant just shove them down anymore) and worse yet when I used to actually hurt myself to feel good (all I'm gonna say is it is stupid, it's like doing drugs; chasing a good feeling at any cost).

I know I am better off accepting my mental need for diapers and I know most people will probably never accept ABDL; but the association with Pedophiles will probably be something that always bothers me as I know why people hate Pedophiles as I do too and to me that is the worst thing in the whole world.

Like I find even murderers aren't as sinister as Pedophiles

Yes both are very bad; but one ends a life (no more suffering in this messed up world) and the other leaves them alive with trauma they will always have until they die; victims of Pedophiles may literally suffer for the rest of their lives unable to ever live a normal life ever again.

Last edited:

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Wow, so many Jerry reactions is sounds like. Maybe they were all in the closet pedophiles because it sure sounded like projection.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Wow, so many Jerry reactions is sounds like. Maybe they were all in the closet pedophiles because it sure sounded like projection.
Yeah, too many negative and also completely uninformed people.

Even in sexual cases there are no children involved so really they should have just left it alone and ignored Twitter for a while if they disliked it.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Even in sexual cases there are no children involved

Which is why I say they must have been in the closet pedophiles because that is called projection. It's amazing how many will will unknowingly come out as one. Not every pedophile is a predator and has sex with one nor have the desire too so the self hating ones will project.

StrangelyShapedTree

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Which is why I say they must have been in the closet pedophiles because that is called projection. It's amazing how many will will unknowingly come out as one. Not every pedophile is a predator and has sex with one nor have the desire too so the self hating ones will project.
I think that is too easy for us to say. Maybe the truth is that they jump to conclusions and react out of both disgust and fear. Why should we expect anyone to like what we do? You can ask others not to judge but that simply won't happen 9 times out of 10.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think that is too easy for us to say. Maybe the truth is that they jump to conclusions and react out of both disgust and fear. Why should we expect anyone to like what we do? You can ask others not to judge but that simply won't happen 9 times out of 10.
For me it is not a matter of if they LIKE what we do

I know that most people will not like or understand us

What I hate is the connection to Pedophiles; if people could at least stop spreading hateful misinformation that would be enough for me.

They don't have to like us; but there is no reason for the connection to Pedophiles - we like Diapers, not little kids.

Huge difference

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't understand how any ABDL can be okay with people calling us pedophiles. Call me one, I dont care what happens to you so any consequences that come with it, you made your bed.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't understand how any ABDL can be okay with people calling us pedophiles. Call me one, I dont care what happens to you so any consequences that come with it, you made your bed.
Most of the time, I think it's based in simple ignorance. I think it is an easy enough leap to make. If you don't give the matter a lot of thought, this thing that is foreign and probably gross as well, seems like it could well involve pedophilia. If someone sticks around long enough to engage their brain and discern why it is different and just something harmless and odd that consenting adults do, it's worth the explanation. If they're going to stick to their guns without good reason, that seems like time to move along to more productive interactions.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
From the pattern I have seen with this. People who do it are willful about it because they are not willing to learn and listen. My ex was this way and I gave seen it at tumblr and online in the comments. My ex saw it as shoving it in her face. She was male when we were together.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You got that right; they dont want to learn anything or listen to anyone - as far as they are concerned they know what they are talking about and that is all that matters.

I don't even interact with them because I know it doesn't make any difference; but that doesn't mean that it doesn't bother me.

I just wish they would keep their hateful ignorance to themselves; unfortunately this sort of thing goes around

You start with 1 or 2 people; next thing you know there are dozens on the "Hate Train".

And if you want to explain that they see it "by association" well Babies aren't the only people wearing Diapers

There are plenty of other people that need diapers due to Developmental Disability, Physical Disabilities, Age, etc.

But you dont see my chasing after any of them.

It's not "who" wears the diapers, I just like Diapers and I wish these people would keep their Hatred to themselves instead of spreading it around like a Venereal Disease.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
I guess there are ABDLs who like to give benefit of the doubt and just assume these people are misinformed or confused. I used to be in this position but when you get burnt out trying to explain it and justify it, you get burnt out and started to write these people out. I don't think they are just naive, I just think it's deliberate and done with ill intention and there is projection involved here. Then of course they will use excuses like "I was sexually abused." Well some sexual abuse victims use ABDL so try again. I guess they are saying a ABDL sexually abused them? Next time someone uses this claim, I will be sure to tell them "I didn't realize a ABDL had sexually abused you. That person just happened to be ABDL."

I guess I should have told my ex when he used "My ex called me a pedophile so now I have PTSD" excuse "I guess if she called you one, you probably are then but you are just in denial so you don't want to do this because you're projecting."

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oh it is done by choice

They are choosing ignorance

I can forgive stupidity; people can choose to rise above stupidity by learning

But ignorance is choosing to have this opinion that "I'm 100% right, I know everything, and it doesn't matter what anybody says because I know everything"

As I have said it isn't that I want their approval

I know there will always be "haters" but what I cant stand is the vocal ignorant people that are trying to spread their hate

It's like, "okay I know you hate me and always will, but keep your fudging toxic opinions to yourself"

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
You're talking about willful ignorance. Everyone is ignorant because we don't know everything but willful ignorance is the refusal to learn.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
....and this is why I've spent so much time trying to get us here to understand there is a difference from being abdl versus having a sexual diaper fetish. Only once we all understand this can we then beging to try and get the rest of society to understand it as well. Maybe then abdl's wont be prosecuted and misunderstood so much.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
....and this is why I've spent so much time trying to get us here to understand there is a difference from being abdl versus having a sexual diaper fetish. Only once we all understand this can we then beging to try and get the rest of society to understand it as well. Maybe then abdl's wont be prosecuted and misunderstood so much.
Well I think most of us realize that ABDL isnt a sexual thing (of course it can cross over into that area) for the majority of us it is something we enjoy whether it is as a Lifestyle, like a type of Therapy (which is what the person that took over the Soccer Players Twitter account does with clients) or because some of us have a Physical need for Diapers anyways.

The biggest threat we could potentially face is from these uninformed people that act like ABDL involves Children and may actually try to ruin someone's life over it.

Even for the people that ABDL has a sexual part to it; it is still no worse than any other "Kink" and I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't have at least 1 or 2 Kinks.

Misunderstanding and hatred I accept is gonna happen anyways; but the whole "ABDL = Pedophile" thing is what I would like to see end.

I mean the Takeover Event being ended because there were that many people that wouldn't let it go on is crazy

They could have simply ignored it and it would have soon been over anyways.

Last edited:

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Well I think most of us realize that ABDL isnt a sexual thing (of course it can cross over into that area) for the majority of us it is something we enjoy whether it is as a Lifestyle, like a type of Therapy (which is what the person that took over the Soccer Players Twitter account does with clients) or because some of us have a Physical need for Diapers anyways.

The biggest threat we could potentially face is from these uninformed people that act like ABDL involves Children and may actually try to ruin someone's life over it.

Even for the people that ABDL has a sexual part to it; it is still no worse than any other "Kink" and I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't have at least 1 or 2 Kinks.

Misunderstanding and hatred I accept is gonna happen anyways; but the whole "ABDL = Pedophile" thing is what I would like to see end.

I mean the Takeover Event being ended because there were that many people that wouldn't let it go on is crazy

They could have simply ignored it and it would have soon been over anyways.
Yes, and it's great most of us DO realize that- now. There are plenty even here who still get it all mixed up though. And 10 years ago, most didn't realize any of this at all. Everyone used to think being abdl was a fetish, heck even the medical community called this a paraphelia (and sadly still incorrectly does).

It has been a slow and mentally painful process, but in all this time of my correcting the misinformation I have seen it slowly improve. And from that I am seeing those us who do get it trying to explain it their own family, friends, and sometimes even coworkers. So yeah, it is working and we are begginging to dispel the hate and misinformation general society has for us. Like with this footballer case though, I do fear that will take much longer than anther 10 years to acomplish.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Mmm, if people think ABDLs are pedophiles, then what about people who like children shows, what about people who are child like and like childish activities? Do they think all these people are pedophiles. I can gaurentee those who call us pedophiles are probably the people who think anyone is a pedophile for any reason. Oh you saw a grown up without a child seeing a rated G movie, they must be a pedophile. My ex was like this so I can say all these people are self hating pedos so they project. They don't want anyone thinking they are one so they must keep talking about how much they hate them and how they don't want anyone thinking they are one if they do X Y or Z. People who are not one don't even think about these things and are not so self conscious and don't constantly obsess about how much they hate them.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes, and it's great most of us DO realize that- now. There are plenty even here who still get it all mixed up though. And 10 years ago, most didn't realize any of this at all. Everyone used to think being abdl was a fetish, heck even the medical community called this a paraphelia (and sadly still incorrectly does).

It has been a slow and mentally painful process, but in all this time of my correcting the misinformation I have seen it slowly improve. And from that I am seeing those us who do get it trying to explain it their own family, friends, and sometimes even coworkers. So yeah, it is working and we are begginging to dispel the hate and misinformation general society has for us. Like with this footballer case though, I do fear that will take much longer than anther 10 years to acomplish.
Assuming the current generation of kids is taught to learn that nobody knows everything and it is better to learn things and spread positivity and kindness

rather than to act like you know everything, spread negativity and Hatred like some of these morons do.

I'm not saying people have to like everything; but it's better to act like things aren't going on and keep hatred to yourself; but apparently that is too much for those people to do.

Theres lot of things I would probably find weird and may even hate; but I dont go around telling people how they are wrong and shouldn't do things they enjoy; as long as it isn't harmful, illegal, or involving minors I really dont care what people do.

StrangelyShapedTree

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me it is not a matter of if they LIKE what we do

I know that most people will not like or understand us

What I hate is the connection to Pedophiles; if people could at least stop spreading hateful misinformation that would be enough for me.

They don't have to like us; but there is no reason for the connection to Pedophiles - we like Diapers, not little kids.

Huge difference
Whatever guy...there is no such thing as people who don't judge weird shit. Hell, everyone judges everyone for stupid shit every day. And that's the kicker...because of that their opinion shouldn't matter.

Who cares if people call us pedos. Those that love us will look further.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Whatever guy...there is no such thing as people who don't judge weird shit. Hell, everyone judges everyone for stupid shit every day. And that's the kicker...because of that their opinion shouldn't matter.

Who cares if people call us pedos. Those that love us will look further.
I care, as do most every other one of us! And whether you like it or not, collective opinions matter greatly. It's not only misleading but incredibly incorrect as well, AND potentially damaging for us too. If someone in society says we are pedophiles then our social lives become that much more difficult. EVERY abdl needs to care if we are labeled as such, because with the internet's information dissemination it affects us all. Your complacency not only undermines the rest of us, but furthers us from one day becoming accepted by society for whom we are. Like the quote goes, "when good does nothing, evil wins".